Kayfun mini V3 question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauragal

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2008
New York
Hi all,

I'm extremely new to rebuilding and not sure I'm capable. I'd really like to buy a kayfun mini, and noticed on the link provided that there is an option for pre-built coils. Does this mean I can buy the Kayfun and not have to build the atty myself? In the drop-down it gives several different pre-builds. If this is the case (that I wouldn't have to re-build), can anyone advise me on which type of coils are best? i.e. Clapton vs Helix vs Kanthal?

Sorry if this is posted in wrong section but I couldn't figure out where to post this - thank you!

Kayfun Mini V3 SvoeMesto - Authentic - Ships 24 hrs from NY

Laura

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Those are just pre-wound coils, but you would still have to install the coils into the atomizer yourself. The only part that's done for you is wrapping the wire around a rod to make it coil-shaped (probably the easiest part about rebuilding) or with the complex ones like the Clapton wire, that is made by wrapping one wire around another wire, and then wrapping THAT into a coil shape.

Reactions: lauragal

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Would I also have to install the cotton?
Yeah. Those "pre-built coils" are going to be just a coil-shaped piece of wire. I can kind of see the appeal for something like a Clapton coil that one may not be able to construct oneself, but for regular just straight-up coils coils, I don't see any reason to buy them. Like I said, wrapping the wire around a rod is probably the easiest part of rebuilding, and that's the only thing they've done for you here.

lauragal

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2008
New York
Yeah. Those "pre-built coils" are going to be just a coil-shaped piece of wire. I can kind of see the appeal for something like a Clapton coil that one may not be able to construct oneself, but for regular just straight-up coils coils, I don't see any reason to buy them. Like I said, wrapping the wire around a rod is probably the easiest part of rebuilding, and that's the only thing they've done for you here.

Got it - I may give this a try - if all else fails, my husband can certainly do it for me!! Now I just have to figure out where to buy some sort of kit (wire, cotton - type of cotton?, wire coiler, etc).

Oh, does the type of coil determine the ohms?

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hi all,

I'm extremely new to rebuilding and not sure I'm capable. I'd really like to buy a Kayfun mini, and noticed on the link provided that there is an option for pre-built coils. Does this mean I can buy the Kayfun and not have to build the atty myself? In the drop-down it gives several different pre-builds. If this is the case (that I wouldn't have to re-build), can anyone advise me on which type of coils are best? i.e. Clapton vs Helix vs Kanthal?

Sorry if this is posted in wrong section but I couldn't figure out where to post this - thank you!

Kayfun Mini V3 SvoeMesto - Authentic - Ships 24 hrs from NY

Laura

Those are just pre wrapped coils. You have to install and wick the coil yourself.

Rebuilding is much easier than people think it is.

There is NO way i would go back to using tge Nautilus coils or the Kanger occ coil heads

lauragal

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2008
New York
Those are just pre wrapped coils. You have to install and wick the coil yourself.

Rebuilding is much easier than people think it is.

There is NO way i would go back to using tge Nautilus coils or the Kanger occ coil heads

I'm certainly going to give this a try - it doesn't look like rocket science - I think the hardest part for me will be figuring out coil and cotton type - going to research it! Thank you!

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I'm certainly going to give this a try - it doesn't look like rocket science - I think the hardest part for me will be figuring out coil and cotton type - going to research it! Thank you!

I used to use organic cotton balls from Walgreens.

Here's how to do everything'.

Install the coil

Tighten down the screws.

Dry burn the Kanthal or Stainless Steel coil don't Dry burn tge Nickel or Titanium.

Insert wick. You want tge cotton to be tight inside the coil but still able to side without messing the coil.

Juice your wick. Here the cotton will expand and fill the coil PERFECTLY.

If the wick is so tight in tge coil it can not move the wick will be too tight abd you will have Dry hits

If the wick US too loose your vape will pop and spit back

lauragal

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2008
New York
I used to use organic cotton balls from Walgreens.

Here's how to do everything'.

Install the coil

Tighten down the screws.

Dry burn the Kanthal or Stainless Steel coil don't Dry burn tge Nickel or Titanium.

Insert wick. You want tge cotton to be tight inside the coil but still able to side without messing the coil.

Juice your wick. Here the cotton will expand and fill the coil PERFECTLY.

If the wick is so tight in tge coil it can not move the wick will be too tight abd you will have Dry hits

If the wick US too loose your vape will pop and spit back

Thanks - I found a pretty good video on youtube that explains it on the Kayfun mini really well - so the way to go with coil is Kanthal or Stainless steel - is there any advantage to japanese cotton??

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
So I guess it will take some trial an error. When you say you "used" to buy organic cotton balls from Walgreens, did you switch to another cotton or just stop rebuilding?
NO i never stopped rebuilding. I switched from cotton to Dacron wicking.

You can use japanese cotton if you lime. I hated the stuff. I always seemed to waste 5 times as much as i used.

I really prefered the Cotton balls.

If the wick was too tight i PULL a few fibers out. Too loose add a few fibers to make tge wick thicker.

I was able to get a perfect wick with cotton balls 100 times out of a hundred.

Make the japanese cotton too fat or too thin it was next to impossible to get a perfect fit.

lauragal

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2008
New York
NO i never stopped rebuilding. I switched from cotton to Dacron wicking.

You can use japanese cotton if you lime. I hated the stuff. I always seemed to waste 5 times as much as i used.

I really prefered the Cotton balls.

If the wick was too tight i PULL a few fibers out. Too loose add a few fibers to make tge wick thicker.

I was able to get a perfect wick with cotton balls 100 times out of a hundred.

Make the japanese cotton too fat or too thin it was next to impossible to get a perfect fit.

What is Dacron wicking?

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I recommend every one start with cotton balls INSTEAD if Dacron Ir japanese cotton.

Cotton balls are much more forgiving than japanese cotton or Dacron.

I want people to have tge best chance of success ib rebuilding instead of starting with the wrong wick and giving up in frustration.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
What is Dacron wicking?
Dacron i use i bought at Sally's beauty supply.

This is the coil beauticians use when dying hair or putting in a permanent TK keep the dye and chemicals seom runnubf om the forehead or down the neck.

Dacron doesnt get a wonky flavor as fast as cotton.

You cab putva gross Dacron wick under runnubf water and it comes almost as clean as it was brand new

Dacron must be so tight in tge coil it squeaks. Abd then thin the tailsvsi there US 50% as much Dacron in tge tails AA there is in tge coil. Then Dacron. Will wick Luke crazy.

One member here vaped 100 ml on one Dacron wick. Cotton wicks need to be replaced every 6-10 mls if juice.

lauragal

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2008
New York
Dacron i use i bought at Sally's beauty supply.

This is the coil beauticians use when dying hair or putting in a permanent TK keep the dye and chemicals seom runnubf om the forehead or down the neck.

Dacron doesnt get a wonky flavor as fast as cotton.

You cab putva gross Dacron wick under runnubf water and it comes almost as clean as it was brand new

Dacron must be so tight in tge coil it squeaks. Abd then thin the tailsvsi there US 50% as much Dacron in tge tails AA there is in tge coil. Then Dacron. Will wick Luke crazy.

One member here vaped 100 ml on one Dacron wick. Cotton wicks need to be replaced every 6-10 mls if juice.

I've been reading all night and it does seem like cotton has to be replaced pretty often and does have a funny flavor to it. A few of your sentences were unreadable so I'm not sure what you said!!

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I've been reading all night and it does seem like cotton has to be replaced pretty often and does have a funny flavor to it. A few of your sentences were unreadable so I'm not sure what you said!!

Sorry. My computer is a smart phone and i have fat fingers.

If you need help quote tge unreadable section and will explain it again.

lauragal

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2008
New York
I just read another thread where people are raving about this - is this what you use?

Attachments

• rayon.jpg
    rayon.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 34
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread