Status
Not open for further replies.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Is this the same? It's 40 feet instead of 3 lbs!! But it has a different number on the box?

Amazon.com : Graham Cellucotton Beauty Coil 100% Rayon Fibers 40 ft #44130 : Beauty
Yeah that's the stuff but don't buy the 40-foot pack. Do you have a Sally Beauty Supply in town where you live? You can get the 500-foot box in-store for about the same price as that 40-foot pack, or the 3lb box is like 900 feet for only about three dollars more. Or you can probably get them online for not much more than that. 10 or 20 times more for just a few extra bucks when, if you like the stuff, you're just gonna have to buy more anyway.

I figured if I was going in I might as well go all the way in, so I spent the extra $3 and got the big box. With 900 feet of rayon, plus an additional 80-count pack of Koh Gen Do Japanese organic cotton pads for $12 (Amazon, or 60-count box at Nordstrom in-store and online w/ free shipping) at half a dozen or a dozen wick-jobs each, I think I'm set on wicking material for a very, very long time, for under $30 total.

EDIT: I see you've already found the big box for $26. They're 17.50 in-store, so if you have one nearby it might be worth it to stop in one time.

Last edited:
Reactions: lauragal

lauragal

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2008
New York
Yeah that's the stuff but don't buy the 40-foot pack. Do you have a Sally Beauty Supply in town where you live? You can get the 500-foot box in-store for the same price as that 40-foot pack, or the 3lb box is like 900 feet for only about three dollars more. Or you can probably get them online for not much more than that. 10 or 20 times more for just a few extra bucks when, if you like the stuff, you're just gonna have to buy more anyway.

I figured if I was going in I might as well go all the way in, so I spent the extra $3 and got the big box. With 900 feet of rayon, plus an additional 80-count pack of Koh Gen Do Japanese organic cotton pads for $12 (Amazon, or 60-count box at Nordstrom in-store and online w/ free shipping) at half a dozen or a dozen wick-jobs each, I think I'm set on wicking material for a very, very long time, for under $30 total.

Why do you need the organic cotton if you have all of that Rayon?

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Why do you need the organic cotton if you have all of that Rayon?
Just so I can experiment with both.

BTW - do you know if the type/grade of coil determines the ohms?
Resistance (ohms) is affected by the length, thickness, and material of the wire. For any one wire type, a LONGER (more wraps and/or larger inner coil diameter) or THINNER (higher gauge) wire will have a HIGHER resistance (ohms), while a SHORTER or THICKER (lower gauge) wire will have LOWER resistance.

lauragal

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2008
New York
Just so I can experiment with both.

Resistance (ohms) is affected by the length, thickness, and material of the wire. For any one wire type, a LONGER (more wraps and/or larger inner coil diameter) or THINNER (higher gauge) wire will have a HIGHER resistance (ohms), while a SHORTER or THICKER (lower gauge) wire will have LOWER resistance.

Thank you!

G-weezy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Minneapolis
What device do you plan on using this tank on?

What are you currently vaping on now and what is the ohms on that?

We have a thread for the Kayfun Mini. Your welcome to join us there.

I'm using that Rayon for wicking. Also I'm building my coils around 1.2-1.8 ohms for a nice flavor vape.

With Clapton coils that are premade they might be too big to trap on the post screws.

Here's the thread we are on. Skip to the last 20 pages or so and you can see we talk mostly about what your asking.

I know it's the clone thread and all but you can get some ideas.

Attack of the (Kayfun Mini V3) Clones!

lauragal

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2008
New York
I'm currently vaping all different set ups - mostly Triton Mini and Nautilus Mini on iStick/eLeaf 40W, and a CoolFire IV - I'm very new to sub ohm - my original goal was to get down to 6 mg using sub ohm, however, I don't like the direct to lung route. I just ordered a Kayfun mini 3, and have never re-built. I have spent the last 6 hours trying to figure out what's the best way to go. BTW - I have several different devices including the ProVari, the eGo One, etc. I gave some of them to my husband.

Currently, I'm vaping 18 mgs at 1.6 or 1.8 ohms - bought some bottles of 12 mg, and hopefully will get down to 6 mg. Thanks for the tip on the Clapton coils.

Another concern is safety - on one website, I the website I bought the Kayfun, they also sell the Graham rayon and made a note that it is synthetic. Not sure that is safe to vape? I will hop over to the thread that you reference. Thank you!

G-weezy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Minneapolis
I'm using them on my Provari as well.

On Svoemesto website there are instructions on how to use the tank. But YouTube has a bunch of videos also.

You gotta see how to build a micro coil first. Then wicking. After that you can start building yourself.

Using 28ga kanthal I wrap it 7/8 times on a 2.5mm bit.

This is me wicking the Kayfun M3. After you have built the coil, made sure it's glowing evenly and working out the hot spots.

qewJdSRl.jpg

lauragal

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2008
New York
I'm using them on my Provari as well.

On Svoemesto website there are instructions on how to use the tank. But YouTube has a bunch of videos also.

You gotta see how to build a micro coil first. Then wicking. After that you can start building yourself.

Using 28ga kanthal I wrap it 7/8 times on a 2.5mm bit.

This is me wicking the Kayfun M3. After you have built the coil, made sure it's glowing evenly and working out the hot spots.

qewJdSRl.jpg
Do you prefer kanthal to SS?

G-weezy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Minneapolis
Do you prefer kanthal to SS?

Depends on the device that is being used.

Provari I think the lowest it can read on the 2.5 version is around 1.0-1.2 ohms? The lowest build I can go on that device for a warm vape.

Using other mods SS would work because regulated box mods can take lower builds. It's your preference.

Lowest gauge wire I can trap was 26 ga.

lauragal

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2008
New York
Also for Clapton coils on this device your going to have to make them with higher gauge wires.
Here I'm using 30ga wrapped with 36gaN80. I tried to get it the same diameter of 26ga wire so it can be secured on those tiny screws.

GCFcYRSl.jpg

Looks good - I hope I can get mine to look that good!
I'd like to get started on this asap - need to find a tool kit and order the wire and rayon

lauragal

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2008
New York
Lightning Vapes has a sale on wires. 50% off and they have Amazon store. You can wicking from there also like cotton bacon is what is called for the time being. Also tools if needed.

I watched this video on youtube that looked pretty good about rebuilding the Kayfun - looks simple on the video but I'm sure it will be trial and error. I'll take a look at Lightning Vapes tomorrow as it's 2:30 a.m. here and I need to get to bed! This certainly is time consuming! Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread