Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Do you need your vapour to be hot ?.

I use 29g kanthal / 5 wraps - 2mm id / 1 ohm. I only apply 11.5 watts. It'll never change, not now !. It was only a few months ago i was using 32g but i was getting fed up with how fragile it was. That was the only reason for switching. 29g suits me perfectly, i change out the wick when the tank becomes empty, so most days i have to fiddle with the coil and this 29g stays in shape for months.

I have never got into the habit of mouth to lung vaping at high temperatures.

I'm just wondering now if these high temperatures you are using in any way affect your throat hit and if so is the reason you get a throat hit at all from the Prime !. How big are your coils ?. I would imagine any tank, RTA, dripper which had a lot of power applied would produce a decent throat hit.

So could the Prime produce a throat hit with a coil and power set up in the way i have described using low power ?. Low power being the operative difference !.

The whole reason i use mods is for my prolonged power use. This setup is finally optimized to get maximum use from the batteries.
I use 26g and 28g and my kanthal coils average 2.5mm. I mtl at 20 to 25 watts with rayon...tbh my wire gauge doesn't make any difference with TH, nor if I'm vaping 18 watts compared to 25 watts....maybe there are those that can detect such things, but if I'm vaping a 26g at 25 watts compared to a 28g at 20 watts , TH seems pretty much the same...maybe it's the high nic levels that make it intense either way? It's hard to explain, but I don't feel my vape is hot, but the TH is intense and I never ever feel any warmth what so ever from my tanks or drip tips...I don't chain vape, so maybe that is why? I do feel the prime is very good in delivering the TH I have come to like and seems equal to the km3... I don't think high Temps effect TH to a point, for there are many folks who vape mtl set ups at low power and get great throat hits. I do think some tanks produce better TH 's then others, especially low volume, small chambered ones, but imo, most of TH is all in the nic levels and pg ratios...like I said before, there are ways to increase TH a bit, but they are small compared to nic levels. It's like my wife, she vapes a nautilus mini for the most part at 1.8 ohms and 13 watts with 18 to 24 nic, and she gets a great kind of intense TH

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
vapdivrr, out of curiosity, what mod are you liking with your Prime? Anyway, as another big KFM3 fan, I'm glad to get your opinion. I might have to put this on the Christmas list.
I'm a big fan of small single 18650 mods...most of my mods are kind of hard to get like my 3 olc stratums and vape pro_line stratums, and it's on those that my prime sits....I also like it on my jac vapour, vct mini, and macro S body.
195fe589870d1b3024c0f6ddf6aca174.jpg

Last edited:

k2zs

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2014
Rochester, NY
My KF Prime won't wick anymore. I've tried everything; little cotton, lots of cotton, touching the bottom of the wells, elevated. It seems like it's vapor locked.

I'll vape off the juice from priming new cotton but then it gets dry. If I crack the fill cap a bit it will allow juice in but as soon as that's vaped off, it goes dry again.

I'm running a 50/50 blend with a 28ga SS coil in temp mode (around .9 ohms). I open the juice control 2 full turns.

What am I doing wrong?

Reactions: AstroTurf

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
My KF Prime won't wick anymore. I've tried everything; little cotton, lots of cotton, touching the bottom of the wells, elevated. It seems like it's vapor locked.

I'll vape off the juice from priming new cotton but then it gets dry. If I crack the fill cap a bit it will allow juice in but as soon as that's vaped off, it goes dry again.

I'm running a 50/50 blend with a 28ga SS coil in temp mode (around .9 ohms). I open the juice control 2 full turns.

What am I doing wrong?
If you tried everything, then perhaps one of the orings got damaged...if all else fails, replace every oring from the spares bag

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada

What am I doing wrong?

Like @vapdivrr, I'd definitely say o-rings. I had the same problem with a K5. It took me ages to sort out and I'm a bit embarrassed to admit what the fix was, but making sure I lubed the o-rings on the base every time I rewicked has transformed a useless chunk of metal into a beautifully vapable tank.

rifky

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2014
Indonesia

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
After looking at these ones, all colors are smooth looking, but after googling more, I noticed other versions. I see another type of finish on certain sites, like spotted or resembling a 3d printer finish, which looks nice...I need to check more but I like the style and price for sure.

rifky

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2014
Indonesia
Yes
After looking at these ones, all colors are smooth looking, but after googling more, I noticed other versions. I see another type of finish on certain sites, like spotted or resembling a 3d printer finish, which looks nice...I need to check more but I like the style and price for sure.

Yes they are have several version, the smooth is still pre ordered when the 3d printing looking that you say is another version

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    In 4 and half years of vaping, never paid more than $50 for a tank, I did nearly pay out for the KF5, but then reports wasn't great due to the loose draw with it, so didn't go through with it, but seems they fixed that with the prime :)

So last night I cringed as paid out the $119 to vapordna for the prime, just got shipping notice, so should have Thursday/Friday, hope I don't regret paying out the big bux and hopefully proves it is worth paying for the authentic :)

irra7ional

Dec 16, 2016
    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

got my prime :) First build and wick 0 issues, no gurgling, no dry hits, perfect wicking. I also want to add that the vape isn't hot, it is a perfect MTL honestly. No issues with harsh vapour etc etc.

26g Kanthal 0.9 ohm coil 2.5mm diameter

I have no idea how the people with complaints built it but to me it seems to be working perfectly, and even above my initial expectations having read the issues posted here.

Attachments

• unnamed (2).jpg
      unnamed (2).jpg
      1,021.1 KB · Views: 249
    Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

got my prime :) First build and wick 0 issues, no gurgling, no dry hits, perfect wicking. I also want to add that the vape isn't hot, it is a perfect MTL honestly. No issues with harsh vapour etc etc.

26g Kanthal 0.9 ohm coil 2.5mm diameter

I have no idea how the people with complaints built it but to me it seems to be working perfectly, and even above my initial expectations having read the issues posted here.
    Nice looking set up and glad your enjoying so far....

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    In 4 and half years of vaping, never paid more than $50 for a tank, I did nearly pay out for the KF5, but then reports wasn't great due to the loose draw with it, so didn't go through with it, but seems they fixed that with the prime :)

So last night I cringed as paid out the $119 to vapordna for the prime, just got shipping notice, so should have Thursday/Friday, hope I don't regret paying out the big bux and hopefully proves it is worth paying for the authentic :)
    Well if there was any company worthy of your money, it's SvoeMesto. ..yes indeed they aren't cheap, but their products and innovation changed the game and just about every rta out there today uses the original kayfun design. ..if it weren't for them, who knows how many current vapors would still be smoking. Still alot of money, especially these days when similiar products are 1/4 of the price...

irra7ional

Dec 16, 2016
    After several hours of testing and 2 tanks into it, I think people having problems with dry hits / bad wicking might be having an issue from too high VG juice. While I haven't gotten any dry hits yet, I certainly have better experience with 50/50 juices. Luckily most of my favorite juices are 50/50, which to be fair is about normal for MTLers imo. Perhaps try few drops of distilled water.

Some things to consider with my post tho, is that I have put no effort in this current setup & coil and Ive tested the device for about 6 hours. Looking at the feeding holes I am pretty sure higher VG liquid should feed just well with the proper setup, I have had no issues with higher VG liquids with much tighter feeding mechanisms.

rifky

ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    After several hours of testing and 2 tanks into it, I think people having problems with dry hits / bad wicking might be having an issue from too high VG juice. While I haven't gotten any dry hits yet, I certainly have better experience with 50/50 juices. Luckily most of my favorite juices are 50/50, which to be fair is about normal for MTLers imo. Perhaps try few drops of distilled water.

Some things to consider with my post tho, is that I have put no effort in this current setup & coil and Ive tested the device for about 6 hours. Looking at the feeding holes I am pretty sure higher VG liquid should feed just well with the proper setup, I have had no issues with higher VG liquids with much tighter feeding mechanisms.
    This kinda out off line, but for high VG lover maybe you are more suitable using Digiflavor Siren V2. Just a different wicking system not compare anything. :)

crixer

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2011
    Atlanta
    I’m still not sure if I like this thing yet. Some hits provide a great aftertaste flavor but the initial vape still has that weird soft feeling for me like the v5. It’s like a mix of the v5 vape but actual flavor like the previous generations. I just got my extension kit today so I’m going to rewick and try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    This kinda out off line, but for high VG lover maybe you are more suitable using Digiflavor Siren V2. Just a different wicking system not compare anything. :)
    Not sure on maybe 80 vg and up, but 70vg has been wicking like a champ....been using 70 vg for a while and have had great luck in every kayfun so far.

irra7ional

Dec 16, 2016
    Not sure on maybe 80 vg and up, but 70vg has been wicking like a champ....been using 70 vg for a while and have had great luck in every kayfun so far.

To early for me to talk with specific conclusions on VG ratio but so far I love this tank. Juice consumption ridiculously low and while I never owned a KF V3 Mini, this is by far the best MTL experience I have had up to date and I do have my share of MTL tanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread