Kayfun v3 mini build advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a rather old thread, but I have searched the forums and found no answer to a rather specific question. I just got the Kayfun Mini V3 for my Dicodes Tiny thinking it would be the perfect combo for a 1.5 build. I bought the Dicodes Tiny for the Svoemesto. I am a big fan of MTL hits. But I'm having a heck of a time building a 1.5 Ohm coil. I have 24, 28, and 30 gauge Kanthal A1 wire and even bought the Master Coil kit. I can't get the Ohms right, and don't even get me started with attempting the right amount and cut for the cotton. I'm hoping for a basic instruction on coil build and cotton amount. Closest I've gotten so far is 1.9 Ohms with a bit of gurgling even when I tighten up the juice flow. I have watched just about every video on youtube, but all those are guys building sub Ohm coils for the wide open air flow and limited lung hits (not my thing). I have a separate sub ohm set up for those moments when I feel like sucking on an exhaust pipe. LOL!

So, using a 25 or 30 mm bit, which gauge coil and how many wraps can get me to my sweet spot of 1.5? I have tried the Steam-Engine.com site and still cannot come up with the write Ohms. Maybe my process is wrong. If anyone with some more experience can help, I'm a real noobie at this coil building. Mainly I have been using a Nautilus BVC mini on the Dicodes and am getting better results. But I want to make the Svoe work because I know it is such a quality product and I don't want to give up on something I spent a ton of money on. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: AstroTurf

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
This is a rather old thread, but I have searched the forums and found no answer to a rather specific question. I just got the Kayfun Mini V3 for my Dicodes Tiny thinking it would be the perfect combo for a 1.5 build. I bought the Dicodes Tiny for the Svoemesto. I am a big fan of MTL hits. But I'm having a heck of a time building a 1.5 Ohm coil. I have 24, 28, and 30 gauge Kanthal A1 wire and even bought the Master Coil kit. I can't get the Ohms right, and don't even get me started with attempting the right amount and cut for the cotton. I'm hoping for a basic instruction on coil build and cotton amount. Closest I've gotten so far is 1.9 Ohms with a bit of gurgling even when I tighten up the juice flow. I have watched just about every video on youtube, but all those are guys building sub Ohm coils for the wide open air flow and limited lung hits (not my thing). I have a separate sub ohm set up for those moments when I feel like sucking on an exhaust pipe. LOL!

So, using a 25 or 30 mm bit, which gauge coil and how many wraps can get me to my sweet spot of 1.5? I have tried the Steam-Engine.com site and still cannot come up with the write Ohms. Maybe my process is wrong. If anyone with some more experience can help, I'm a real noobie at this coil building. Mainly I have been using a Nautilus BVC mini on the Dicodes and am getting better results. But I want to make the Svoe work because I know it is such a quality product and I don't want to give up on something I spent a ton of money on. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Hola,
28awg, 7/8 wrap on 2.5mm should just about be dead on 1.5Ω.
However, since you have a regulated device, resistance is mostly irrelevant.
Get it close (1.2Ω-1.8Ω range) and adjust your device to provide the proper vape.

cheers
I

Reactions: AstroTurf
Hola,
28awg, 7/8 wrap on 2.5mm should just about be dead on 1.5Ω.
However, since you have a regulated device, resistance is mostly irrelevant.
Get it close (1.2Ω-1.8Ω range) and adjust your device to provide the proper vape.

cheers
I
Thank you! So now I'm thinking it's the amount of cotton. Also, I'll try raising the coil at least 2 mm over the air hole. Perhaps I'm using too much or not enough cotton, and being close to the air hole could be the cause of this darned gurgling which is driving me crazy.

A brief udate. I took apart the entire assembly and found out the center post (#6 on kayfun diagrams) was broken off, hence the crazy Ohm readings. Origin vape apologized and sent me a new center post free. Now I am getting accurate Ohm readings and happily enjoying my Kayfun Mini v3 No problems. Thank you Origin Vape!

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
A brief udate. I took apart the entire assembly and found out the center post (#6 on kayfun diagrams) was broken off, hence the crazy Ohm readings. Origin vape apologized and sent me a new center post free. Now I am getting accurate Ohm readings and happily enjoying my Kayfun Mini v3 No problems. Thank you Origin Vape!
Kewl!!!

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread