Kayfun V5 for MTL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
For me it works better than other tanks (means Kayfun, Tayfun, Serpent Mini and Subtank). Only Taifun GT2 is on par in performance, but Kayfun 5 is so much easier to work with. But I do not like too tight draw (some people dislike K5, saying it is too airy).

Leaking depends a lot on wicks. I like cotton wicks with nice fat tails on any tank, for as long as it takes 3 mm coil. All of my tanks practically do not leak.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
For me it works better than other tanks (means Kayfun, Tayfun, Serpent Mini and Subtank). Only Taifun GT2 is on par in performance, but Kayfun 5 is so much easier to work with. But I do not like too tight draw (some people dislike K5, saying it is too airy).

Leaking depends a lot on wicks. I like cotton wicks with nice fat tails on any tank, for as long as it takes 3 mm coil. All of my tanks practically do not leak.
I am surprised you find Kayfuns easier to work with than Taifuns. I had a much more difficult time getting the wicking right with Kayfuns. Once i got it right it was a great vape, but with the GT2, i never have issues with the wicking. Just my experience though.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
I am surprised you find Kayfuns easier to work with than Taifuns. I had a much more difficult time getting the wicking right with Kayfuns. Once i got it right it was a great vape, but with the GT2, i never have issues with the wicking. Just my experience though.
I think wicking for K5 and TGT2 is about the same - just push into a chamber as much of cotton wick tails as you can (but without compacting cotton) and it's done. But fixing a wire under screws is much easier for Kayfun.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I only have a Kayfun Lite Plus (authentic Svoemesto). I enjoyed it for over a year, and then my vaping style changed from a tight draw (mouth-to-lung) to a looser draw (direct lung). It's now collecting dust.

Allegedly, the draw on the Kayfun 5 is much looser than previous Kayfun models. PBusardo is a reviewer that I highly respect, and he has some reservations on the Kayfun 5 "improvements" concerning the draw. Check out the :nah: and :thumb: at the end of his review.

Reactions: Mazinny

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I think wicking for K5 and TGT2 is about the same - just push into a chamber as much of cotton wick tails as you can (but without compacting cotton) and it's done. But fixing a wire under screws is much easier for Kayfun.
Oh ok, i wasn't talking about K5 which i haven't tried. I was talking about earlier versions of Kayfun. Also, i use a different wicking system for the GT2 to what you do. Whatever works though !

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Is there any better out there? I want a tank with minimal leakage and looking to vape around 10/15 watts.
Some will disagree but i find the KF V5 perfect for MTL and everything else.Easy build,no leaks, immense flavor,good capacity.Also you can fully strip it down and all parts are easy to find.I also vape around 10-12 watts and find it perfect in every way.

Reactions: dionysuskiss

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Yeah I picked up the authentic 5 and the reducer. So disappointed to have to buy it seperately. Big time :nah:

How dare you charge £100 when the tank (without the kit) does the same as every other 2bob Chinese device. Ridiculous.
I use my 2 authentic lite +'s and 5 pawns edition and prefer them so much. Looks, draw, flavour. The only thing is accessing the build deck.

I haven't tried the mini V3 but I hear that it is a really good mtl. Personally, I like 22s so not for me.

They're all going downhill now. Loose, loose, loose :(

Reactions: Butch

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
Sep 13, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I read really good reviews about the k5.Is it really worth its Money?
Yes. Considering the price of other attys in it's class, it's a steal. If some little guy created it today in his garage, it would cost twice as much and have inferior machining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread