Kbox 200 and TFV8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
So this weekend I'm getting my first box MOD. I'm getting a Kanger Kbox 200, and the plan is to get a TFV8 tank for it. Is this a good choice, and will I run into any problems? Or should I go with a different tank?
not really. kanger is good to start vaping but not somehting you'll want too keep for a while. not sure on the performance of the chip. and it's thin so it might bother you that the tank will overhang. I'd stay with the tank but get a different mod. also get good batts. sony VTC5a or Samsung 30q and don't vape over 150 with a dual battery mod. personally I find the TFV8 tank good at 130 watts with the T10 and T8 coils.
some good dual battery mods are the smok alien, Smoant battlestar, hohmwrecker G2

I remember reading somewhere that you can't use temperature control with the TFVs, because the coils don't support it, but I'm not sure how accurate this is. But I wasn't really planning on using TC, just the VW.
that is correct. the only mod that will work to temp control the TFV8 is the hohmwrecker G2. it'll do TC for kenhtal wire. most other mods do TC for SS, Ni, and Ti wire. IMO SS is the best but smok doesn't make SS coils.

I've seen that there might be an issue with overhang. Would that affect the performance, or is it just more of an aesthetic thing?

just aesthetic

Joergl100

Oct 15, 2016
Germany, Lake Constance

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
No...not 30Q...that are 15A-Batteries...ok, they are more like 20, but...they are not comparable with the VTC5A's at all!!!

And: Sure You can vape over 150 watts with 2 batteries, but not with 30Q!

Why not TC with ANY TC mod? There is a RBA as well!

$8.29 Authentic Smoktech SMOK TFV8 Replacement V8-RBA Coil Head - 0.28ohm (50-140W) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
They are 20 amp. And true with the vtc5a you can stretch it to 175 watts cause they are 25 amps but mods dual battery mods get pretty warm vaping that much. The internal wiring on most mods is pushing the limits. Preferably if u want to pass 150 watts for whatever reason your better off with the dual and quad battery mods. But yes you can vape 175 with the vtc5a batts

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Joergl100

Oct 15, 2016
Germany, Lake Constance
Better? Different!

The 30Q is nearly equal to the HG2...the VTC6 is just completely different. BTW: I do not really like that battery (VTC6). That is my gusto...nothing else.

But they seem to have been improved a little bit...

VTC6 - neue Version im Handel - Mountainprophet

My current choice for safety at high loads is the VTC5A...definitely. VTC5 is good also, getting hotter...so what? Always in acceptable range. Some VTC4 are also in my staff...older and will be retired soon. Will buy new ones, because they are really cheap!

Got some couples of HG2 for my RX200...up to 220 Watts...one year old and still in good condition.

Got HG4 even in my Cricket with no issues.

25R's are fine performers...too! They are in my Crickets and everywhere else as well...at high loads...really high loads! Not too high...nooo!

And I love my ANR26650M1-B for my compact handwarmers...no "normal" Li-ions for them!

Got no -fire...:evil:

But always warm hands!
sarcastic.gif

Last edited:

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Better? Different!

The 30Q is nearly equal to the HG2...the VTC6 is just completely different. BTW: I do not really like that battery. That is my gusto...nothing else.

My current choice for safety at high loads is the VTC5A...definitely. VTC5 is good also, getting hotter...so what? Always in acceptable range. Some VTC4 are also in my staff...older and will be retired soon. Will buy new ones, because they are really cheap!

Got some couples of HG2 for my RX200...up to 220 Watts...one year old and still in good condition.

Got HG4 even in my Cricket with no issues.

And I love my ANR26650M1-B for my compact handwarmers...no "normal" Li-ions for them!

Got no -fire...:evil:
The vtc5a is a great battery for sure. The recent hg2 were derated by mooch to 18 amps. If u only vape under 100 watts as alot of people do the 30q will last longer. Can't go wrong with either battery though

Joergl100

Oct 15, 2016
Germany, Lake Constance
Recent?

Batches may differ. Batteries inside of batches may differ as well!!!

There are no 2 batteries that are excactly the same!

Do not nail them at maybe 18 Amps. That is not that, what they can be loaded with.

What surely differs a lot: Theory and reality...at last! That is my experience.

Last edited:

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Recent?

Batches may differ. Batteries inside of batches may differ as well!!!

There are no 2 batteries that are excactly the same!

Do not nail them at maybe 18 watts. That is not that, what they can be loaded with.

What surely differs a lot: Theory and reality...at last! That is my experience.
I didn't nail them at that. Mooch did lol.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Mooch does not nail...
acute.gif
biggrin.gif
But he gives ratings in a nice little chart format and he has them labeled as 18 and I trust his judgement so better safe then sorry.

I'm still not sure what your angle is? I said they are all good batteries. Depends on how each person vapes and what device for the best one.

Joergl100

Oct 15, 2016
Germany, Lake Constance
Everything ok...do not worry about anything.

What means "angle"? Do not know that...other as "degrees". I am german. Hier heißt das: Winkel.

Don't be so absolute as: "This battery up to 60 watts, no more!" or sth. like that...that is never right.

ooops, overtook...

There are many good tanks in 22mm. Do you want one to make coils yourself or do you want it with ready made coils?

The Wotofo Sapor RTA is one of the good ones:

$23.38 Authentic Wotofo Sapor RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 2ml / stainless steel + glass / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Can't leak, because the air flow comes from above. I love that with my OBS Engines.

Oh yes...there's a mini of them, 23mm, that should not be too awful:

$21.86 Authentic OBS ENGINE Mini RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 3.5ml / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Really easy to build and wick. Both.

Last edited:

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Out of curiosity, what tank would you guys suggest for a Kbox 200? The Kbox I'm getting from a friend, so I'm stuck with the MOD for now, but I'm trying to find a good tank for it.
Tfv8 will be fine for it if that's what u want. It's an awesome tank

Reactions: dyanaprajna

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Everything ok...do not worry about anything.

What means "angle"? Do not know that...other as "degrees". I am german. Hier heißt das: Winkel.

Don't be so absolute as: "This battery up to 60 watts, no more!" or sth. like that...that is never right.

ooops, overtook...

There are many good tanks in 22mm. Do you want one to make coils yourself or do you want it with ready made coils?

The Wotofo Sapor RTA is one of the good ones:

$23.38 Authentic Wotofo Sapor RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 2ml / stainless steel + glass / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
I just wasn't sure what your point was. We have to set safe limits. Yes u can push past them if u know what your doing but it's not recommended. Better safe then sorry and mooch is a battery expert so we trust his ratings. Nobody wants to see anyone get hurt

Reactions: KenD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread