Kbox 200 or RX200 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyboy66

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2015
Maryland
I've gotten a ton of great advice from this forum over the past year, so I'm hoping to pick your brains on this..
I've gone from a VV/VW evod pen to the istick 20w to istick 50w to my current mod the Evic VT 60w... But I've yet to use a replaceable battery mod.
Of the following, which do you prefer and why ?

Kanger Kbox 200w (2 x18650's)
Alleged upgradable firmware
OR
Wismec Releaux RX200 (3x 18650's)
Also upgradable firmware

Any and all feedback is appreciated.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I'm not familiar with the Kbox 200, but the rx200 is fantastic. If you want true 200w you really need a three-battery or a lipo mod. The battery life of the rx200 is fantastic, and Wismec/Joyetech have done a great job with firmware updates. It is a quite heavy mod, but I'd say that it's the most ergonomic mod I've ever used. Can't be beat at it's price.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I would never buy a Kanger product on release and I am a huge Kanger fan.

The RX200 is fairly well proven at this point and the Kanger 200 is just being released. I have 2 RX200s and will very likely buy a KBox 200, but not right away. Same reason I'm glad I didn't buy a Nebox on release.

The RX 200 is solid and for $40, it is an amazing mod for the $$$ IMO.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Go RX. Not much to add to what has been said. It's a really solid mod for the price. It's gotten even better with firmware updates. I'll be getting a second myself.

Edit: Also, the RX firmware actually works, plus the triple 18650 affords excellent battery life in any mode and fits quite comfortably in the hand considering it fits three batts.

Last edited:
Reactions: niczgreat

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
+1 RX200 . The extra battery really makes a difference in battery life and safety.
I've been vaping on a tfv4 at 100-120 Watts. Because the extra battery divides the Amps by 1/3 it's safer and less taxing then the two Battery Mods [Divides Amps in 1/2].
It all depends how you are going to vape. If you are going up to 70 or 80 Watts only then you probably are OK on a 2 Bat mod like a Kbox 200. But if you prize battery life and/or are going into 90 Watts and above the rx200 is definitely the better option.

The Rx-200 feels very nice in the hand and has a strong following of happy users. I've been debating buying another one in a different color too just as a backup. I've become used to 100 + Watt Vaping on my TVF4 which makes my other devices a little unsatisfying.

One other slight difference safety wise between the two. The rx-200 has Venting holes on the top and the bottom of the mod. The Kanger kbox from viewing the pictures only has venting on the bottom. This is less safe because if a battery swells up it can block the gasses from venting on the bottom and explode through the top. If you are only vaping at around 70 Watts probably not an issue. But when you get in the 100+ watt range on two batteries [Stressing Them] it might be something to consider.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Dual replaceable 18650's are great. I can vape from breakfast one morning until suppertime the next at 10W on my Smok Koopor Plus 200W using two Samsung 25R's.

I can also do that on my Innokin MVP 3.0 Pro 60W with the built-in 4500MAH single 18650. The cool part is that the MVP can charge and vape on the pass through from a USB charge source.

mesamay2003

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2015
AZ, USA
+1 RX200 . The extra battery really makes a difference in battery life and safety.
I've been vaping on a tfv4 at 100-120 Watts. Because the extra battery divides the Amps by 1/3 it's safer and less taxing then the two Battery Mods [Divides Amps in 1/2].
It all depends how you are going to vape. If you are going up to 70 or 80 Watts only then you probably are OK on a 2 Bat mod like a Kbox 200. But if you prize battery life and/or are going into 90 Watts and above the rx200 is definitely the better option.

The Rx-200 feels very nice in the hand and has a strong following of happy users. I've been debating buying another one in a different color too just as a backup. I've become used to 100 + Watt Vaping on my TVF4 which makes my other devices a little unsatisfying.

One other slight difference safety wise between the two. The rx-200 has Venting holes on the top and the bottom of the mod. The Kanger kbox from viewing the pictures only has venting on the bottom. This is less safe because if a battery swells up it can block the gasses from venting on the bottom and explode through the top. If you are only vaping at around 70 Watts probably not an issue. But when you get in the 100+ watt range on two batteries [Stressing Them] it might be something to consider.

Just an fyi...the Kbox also has venting on the side with a large venting area that is made into the K logo...not to mention, the entire battery cover would come off under pressure...

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    I'm interested in both boxes. I have two Sigelei, a 75W and a 150W and I'll be looking for several more mods within the next two months. Stocking up. Looking for something rock solid like my Sigeleis. There is nothing wrong with the Sigs...just shopping around.

NOTE: I was looking for info on the Kangertech box when I came across this post. That is what I am looking at right now, but both boxes are of interest.

I vape primarily at around 70W 0.2ohms to 0.35ohms, but I could see that going lower with some builds.

Last edited:

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2015
    Raleigh, NC
    I am currently vaping on the red Kbox 200/REMentry atty without a hiccup. I do not have the RX200 so can't make the comparison. I will say, the quality of the "workmanship" is what would be expected on a first edition from Kanger. It's like their QC sucks. For example:
    IMG_0788.JPG

IMG_0789.JPG

What look like scratches are from the manufacturer. It looks like they painted over some big gashes in the metal. Next there is the:
    IMG_0790.JPG

The inside of the battery cover looks like they oversprayed red onto a white version.
    The performance is good, though I don't have a feel for the battery drainage just yet. I've only used this thing a handfull of time so far. I've taken it to 120w without issue. I also like the larger screen:
    IMG_0791.JPG

It's huge in comparison to the suboxes. And it's bright! I got this one for $33 from 3fVape when it was on preorder.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread