KBox Mini or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2015
Croatia
Heya,

So i'm looking to buy a mod for my dad. The requirements are basically 30w, small, comfortable, screen, replaceable battery and reliable. Oh and we both only use rda-s. Ran across the kbox on FT for about 30$, seems nice, love the look, though i'm disappointed with the fixed pin.
Is it worth getting one or is there something better out there for that price range?

Another note, i have the sigelei 30 and he doesn't like the sharp edges. he also doesn't want the ipv mini :)

Thanks

Last edited:

Smac61

Mar 23, 2010
Detroit
Heya,

So i'm looking to buy a mod for my dad. The requirements are basically 30w, small, comfortable, screen, replaceable battery and reliable. Oh and we both only use RDA-s. Ran across the kbox on FT for about 30$, seems nice, love the look, though i'm disappointed with the fixed pin.
Is it worth getting one or is there something better out there for that price range?

Another note, i have the sigelei 30 and he doesn't like the sharp edges. he also doesn't want the ipv mini :)

Thanks

I personally think its the best small 18650 device on the market. The fixed 510 pin is the only thing keeping it from perfect, which shouldn't affect your father. This applies to the new kbox mini, not the original kbox

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2015
Croatia

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
I think you need to do some research to see what RDA's don't like the KBox Mini fixed 510 connector. I use a Troll and I haven't had any problems but I've seen numerous complaints. And when an RDA doesn't fit right it apparently damages the connector.

I would buy another Subox kit in a heartbeat if they added a spring loaded pin but I want to try some new RDAs and I don't want to have to think about this too hard.

Reactions: RipCigs

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Might also consider the Cloupor Mini: $30.44 Authentic Cloupor Mini 30W Variable Wattage / Voltage VW VV APV Box Mod - 7-30W / 3.6-7V / anodized aluminum / gold at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Or the Ola $37.07 Ola X HERO 30W Variable Wattage VW APV Box Mod - 7-30W / 1*18650 / aluminum alloy + stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Have and like both, the Cloupor is a bit boxier, the Ola heavier.

Both use your 18650s, and have adjustable 510 connections. Both are VW, both 7 - 30 watts, and both will go pretty low on Ω - the Cloupor to 0.45, the Ola to 0.3, so you can sub-Ω if you wish.

And I've read that the Kbox mini v2 will have either a spring loaded or adjustable pin, dang crs! :) So if the fixed pin is a deal breaker, waiting on v2 may also be an option for you.

Smac61

Mar 23, 2010
Detroit
It's the 50w one, right?
Thanks

That's the one. If the fixed 510 pin isn't a deal breaker for you it's a really nice mod. If your dad is going to stick to tanks, it shouldn't be an issue. Having said that, I'll be retiring it as soon a something similar comes out with the spring loaded 510, kbox mini "2" or otherwise. I have high hopes for the IPV D2...

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
From reading various posts on the internet, I keep reading conflicting things about the Kbox Mini ... Some people say it has a fixed center pin in the 510 connector, and others say it has a spring loaded center post.

Also, I was wondering how that black paint on it is holding up ... Does it show scratches easily?

Anyone know who makes the chipset in it? And what chipset it uses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread