Kdest Black 35A 2500mAh 18650 Bench Test Results...ridiculously overrated, one was a dud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    To prevent any confusion with the eGo-type "batteries", I use the term "cell" here to refer to a single 18350, 18650, 26650, etc.

While the test results are hard data, the conclusions and recommendations I make based on these tests are only my personal opinion based on my criteria for setting a rating. Carefully research any cell you are considering using before purchasing.

Testing cells at their limits is dangerous and should never, ever, be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved and how to minimize them.

If the cell has only one current rating number on it, or if it says "max discharging current" then I have to assume that the company is stating that the cell can be discharged at that current level in any way, including continuously.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Bottom Line
    This is a rewrapped and ridiculously overrated 20A 2500mAh cell. In addition, one of the two that I purchased from Kdest was a dud cell (see test graph below). The one I could test performed close to, but worse than, the blue Samsung 25R5. Both Kdest cells were visually identical to the 25R2 (not the newer green 25R5).

Kdest has printed "MADE IN KDEST" on the metal can which is interesting considering that this is a rewrapped Samsung cell.

The 18650 ratings table has been updated to include this cell.

The two cells were purchased directly from Kdest (Kdest) for the purposes of testing.

Continuous-Current Comparison to 25R5
    image.png

Dud Cell Test Results
    image.png

Comments
    I am setting a CDR of 20A for this cell. While operating any cell near its rated maximum current level causes damage, I would expect ok cycle life at 20A continuous. If you don't get a dud cell, that is.

To see how other cells have tested and how hard you can safely push them, check out these links:
    List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum
    https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...afety-grades-and-pulse-performance-data.7566/
    https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...des-picking-a-safe-battery-to-vape-with.7447/
    https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...fety-grades-and-pulse-performance-data.7554//

Last edited by a moderator:

Joergl100

Oct 15, 2016
    Germany, Lake Constance
    Last edited:

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Rewrapped 25r? Dud cell monday production...

No, my 25Rs work fine much over 25 Amps...as well as VTC5A. Hardest setup...0,07 Ohms...don't do that at home! Gets a little bit warm, nothing else. Puff time about 2 seconds. 45-50 Amps...around.

better than ...fire...
    biggrin.gif

Have You tested that?: ShenZhen ENOOK Technology Co., Ltd,Rechargeable battery,18650 battery, Battery Chargers, battery Supplier & Manufacturer

Horrible...I bet.

Enooks are supposed to be on the way to me now. Hopefully tested before the end of the year.

Reactions: Joergl100
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread