Keeppower 18350

Status
Not open for further replies.

SF0059

Verified Member
Mar 19, 2015
Lynchburg, VA
I recently ordered a Kangside KSD from GearBest for $16.99. I really just wanted it for novelty and maybe as a super stealth out-to-dinner setup. It uses an 18350 battery, which is a new size for me. After looking at Illumn and RTD, it looks like my battery options are AW, Efest and Keeppower. I usually run Sony or Samsung 18650s.

So my question is, given the price of the mod, would the Keeppowers be an alright option? The device is 25w max, so output requirements should be minimal. I have no experience with the brand, so I thought I would ask you opinions since they are half the price of the AWs. Again, I tend to be cautious with batteries, so even considering Keeppowers is out of the ordinary for me.

Thanks for the help!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
AW is a well known, reputable battery brand with highly consistant performance ratings.
Efest is a well known brand with a questionable reputation (historically over-rate their specs) and inconsistant performance ratings.
Keeppower is a relatively unknown brand of unknown reputation. Probably a good reason they are so much cheaper. These are unknown batteries of unknown quality by an unknown manufacturer, and not worth the risk using in a mod in my opinion.

Given that you said you tend to be cautious with batteries, I would unquestionably go with the new AW 18350 IMR batteries. Never skimp on batteries for vaping where safety should be your primary objective, not saving money. Spending a few more bucks on AW might keep you out of the hospital, incurring major medical expenses, loss of wages, pain and suffering.

DSC_0164__71523.1412901103.1280.1280.JPG

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Sometimes just having a sense of "peace of mind" is worth investing in. How would you have felt if you got the Keeppowers and they turned out to be a really poor battery? You'd have kicked yourself in the .... for wasting your money by trying to save some money.

I got that experience myself by buying some less expensive red Efest 18350's instead of my usual AW 18350's. Within a month of using them, I literally took them out of my battery rotation because they didn't hold a charge like the older AW's. I kicked myself for trying the Efests, knowing that I was content with the AW's I already had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread