RDA Kennedy 24mm RDA thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan011z

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2015
Claremont, California
So I just received Kennedy rda 24mm from Kennedy.
I got the Black Cerakote version which is 5 dollars more ($110) expensive than their regular versions.
I just want to say that I own about 10 high end RDAs and nothing comes close in terms of durability, construction, flavor, and airflow/cloud.
Velocity, Plume Veil, Petri, seriously nothing comes close.
Its really hard to explain.
The airflow is really good and so is the flavor, even more flavor than the Petri rda.
That combination is hard to come by.

I really recommend this product and if you guys want one you need to email their correspondent and ask when they will have it in stock and keep refreshing the page until you find one in stock.
It sells out in like 30 mins.

My build on this is dual coil 22 gauge, 8 wraps each, @ 0.2 ohms.

Here are some pictures.
My mod is Snow Wolf 1.5v limited edition.

I highly suggest this to anyone who want the best rda in the market right now.

CkBvXO.jpg

bw7y5i.jpg

iiY2NT.jpg

MiPWxr.jpg

XlvaCE.jpg

Last edited:

CRizzo7

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2014
Wichita, Kansas, USA.
So I just received Kennedy RDA 24mm from Kennedy.
I got the Black Cerakote version which is 5 dollars more ($110) expensive than their regular versions.
I just want to say that I own about 10 high end RDAs and nothing comes close in terms of durability, construction, flavor, and airflow/cloud.
Velocity, Plume Veil, Petri, seriously nothing comes close.
Its really hard to explain.
The airflow is really good and so is the flavor, even more flavor than the Petri RDA.
That combination is hard to come by.

I really recommend this product and if you guys want one you need to email their correspondent and ask when they will have it in stock and keep refreshing the page until you find one in stock.
It sells out in like 30 mins.

My build on this is dual coil 22 gauge, 8 wraps each, @ 0.2 ohms.

Here are some pictures.
My mod is Snow Wolf 1.5v limited edition.

I highly suggest this to anyone who want the best RDA in the market right now.

CkBvXO.jpg

bw7y5i.jpg

iiY2NT.jpg

MiPWxr.jpg

XlvaCE.jpg

I just bought the Authentic Velocity, I was going between that and the Kennedy, sure wish I would've saw this. Glad you're enjoying it, looks like I'll have to get one as well. Thanks for the info, stay safe.

Reactions: Dan011z

Dan011z

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2015
Claremont, California
I just bought the Authentic Velocity, I was going between that and the Kennedy, sure wish I would've saw this. Glad you're enjoying it, looks like I'll have to get one as well. Thanks for the info, stay safe.

Velocity is almost on the same level as Petri.
Now note that aside from Kennedy, Petri and Velocity are 2 best RDAs in the market right now for flavor.
You made a good choice, and when you get a chance to grab another RDA in the future, invest in the Kennedy.
I still have my Velocity and it is still an amazing RDA.

Reactions: CRizzo7

CRizzo7

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2014
Wichita, Kansas, USA.
Velocity is almost on the same level as Petri.
Now note that aside from Kennedy, Petri and Velocity is 2 best RDAs in the market right now for flavor.
You made a good choice, and when you get a chance to grab another RDA in the future, invest in the Kennedy.
I still have my Velocity and it is still an amazing RDA.

The Velocity is good, however I prefer my $30 Mutation V3 over it, that's what I'm using now while the Velocity sits on the table. I'm actually using the velocity deck with the MXV3 cap. But to each his own, for my "style" more or less, the Velocity wasn't as great as I'd hoped. The quality is excellent, and I've had no issues, but I'll stick with the V3 until I can get my hand on the Kennedy. Thanks again!

Dan011z

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2015
Claremont, California
The Velocity is good, however I prefer my $30 Mutation V3 over it, that's what I'm using now while the Velocity sits on the table. I'm actually using the velocity deck with the MXV3 cap. But to each his own, for my "style" more or less, the Velocity wasn't as great as I'd hoped. The quality is excellent, and I've had no issues, but I'll stick with the V3 until I can get my hand on the Kennedy. Thanks again!

No problem.
Let us know when you get hands on the Kennedy.
Love to hear your feed back also!

sig-cmt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
HoustΩn, TX
1. Dislike the three-post system for a top-of-the-line RDA. A four-post system would have been easier to build on.

2. Airflow tubes take up a surprising amount of deck space. Hence, there is reduced space when wicking macro coils.

3. Bottom airflow results in the top of the coils carbonizing faster, reducing its ability to absorb dripped juice.

4. The upcoming Demon Cap 24 should mitigate that effect, though with possible loss in flavor due to increased air flow.

5. Cross-head screws have a tendency to cam-out (nature of the design) more readily than alternative fasteners such as Torx.

6. Bottom pin is non-adjustable. Would have preferred greater protrusion for comfortable use with mechanical mods.

7. Thick-walled construction speaks of durability, yet retains heat on hot builds leading to quicker carbonization.

8. Copper positive post can be replaced with a stainless steel equivalent, but only per request.

Last edited:
Reactions: WharfRat1976

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
1. Dislike the three-post system for a top-of-the-line RDA. A four-post system would have been easier to build on.

2. Airflow tubes take up a surprising amount of deck space. Hence, there is reduced space when wicking macro coils.

3. Bottom airflow results in the top of the coils carbonizing faster, reducing its ability to absorb dripped juice.

4. The upcoming Demon Cap 24 should mitigate that effect, though with possible loss in flavor due to increased air flow.

5. Cross-head screws have a tendency to cam-out (nature of the design) more readily than alternative fasteners such as Torx.

6. Bottom pin is non-adjustable. Would have preferred greater protrusion for comfortable use with mechanical mods.

7. Thick-walled construction speaks of durability, yet retains heat on hot builds leading to quicker carbonization.

8. Copper positive post can be replaced with a stainless steel equivalent, but only per request.

Every single point you have raised is spot on, it even lacks airflow control and I even think it's a bit ugly aesthetically speaking.

However all is forgiven, when I take a hit as its a hard hitting atomiser with a smooth pull. Sophisticated to say the least.

Reactions: sig-cmt

sig-cmt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
HoustΩn, TX
However all is forgiven, when I take a hit as its a hard hitting atomiser with a smooth pull. Sophisticated to say the least.
Bingo. Despite its shortcomings, the K24 is without a doubt my favorite RDA to date. Combined with stainless steel Torx screws and recapped with the upcoming Demon, the K24 should prove to be one of the best RDAs ever produced. IMHO. However, I have an MCV Fuel on the way and I have a feeling that it may give the K24 a run for its money...

Last edited:

Dan011z

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2015
Claremont, California
Bingo. Despite its shortcomings, the K24 is without a doubt my favorite RDA to date. Combined with stainless steel Torx screws and recapped with the upcoming Demon, the K24 should prove to be one of the best RDAs ever produced. IMHO.

Regarding Torx screws, is that the one that Kennedy have by default? or after market screws? If its better I would like to look into it.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Quick question. Is the copper RDA come with copper drip tip or stainless steel?
Pretty sure it comes with stainless but don't quote me on that. Ever since I got my K24 in early Sept, I haven't put it down. It's my daily on top of my limitless mod. My single gripe with it is the centerpost. It should have been redesigned to accommodate larger complex builds. I have no problem fitting complex builds into the negatives, but right now the build I'm running is a fused clap parallel to 24g, and it was a miracle I was able to push both coils thru the centerpost.
Edit: Has anyone seen a clone of it yet? I'm just curious because I haven't at all. Not that I would buy one, but I'm just surprised it's taking China so long haha

kformeck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Now note that aside from Kennedy, Petri and Velocity are 2 best RDAs in the market right now for flavor.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever tried an origen or an aeolus? Or an AX1, snapdragon, marquis, veritas, ology, 454 big block v2 or a thump?

Just wondering because I have a standard Kennedy (two airholes instead of four) and while it does have good flavor, it doesn't even compare to the ones I listed above. I also don't see how doubling the airflow could increase the flavor, if anything it would decrease the flavor even more.

Just wondering if you could compare to any of the above RDAs because owning a standard Kennedy makes me not want a Kennedy with any more airflow. Last week I was torn over the hobo v3.1 and the Kennedy 22; I decided to get the hobo due to less airflow, smaller chamber, two post design and huge post holes.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Dan011z

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2015
Claremont, California
Unfortunately, the only one I possess from the ones you listed above is Veritas. Too many RDAs out there I suppose.
Anyhow, I am pretty sure I read a review stating that Kennedy v2 is a big improvement over the original in terms of clouds and flavor.
I have actually had a chance to try the very original one at my local vape shop a while back and if i were to compare it to my Kennedy, its not necessarily less flavor but more robust flavor in my opinion.

When compared with my Veritas, sorry I haven't built one on it in a while. I cannot really tell you because I used to do 0.5 builds on it and now I am doing 0.15 to 0.2 build on my Kennedy. Apples and Oranges.

Anyways this is what works for me.
It may not work for you.
But honestly I have not came accross a single person who disliked the kennedy v2.

Last edited:
Reactions: kformeck

Dan011z

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2015
Claremont, California
You know, thats exactly why I did not get a Kennedy for such a long time. Because I was a flavor chaser and I couldn't think that Kennedy would be any better because of the airflow.

until I got it.
Now I cannot put it down.
I do go back to my petri however in the evening when I just want to get smaller hits.

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
Just out of curiosity, have you ever tried an origen or an aeolus? Or an AX1, snapdragon, marquis, veritas, ology, 454 big block v2 or a thump?

Just wondering because I have a standard Kennedy (two airholes instead of four) and while it does have good flavor, it doesn't even compare to the ones I listed above. I also don't see how doubling the airflow could increase the flavor, if anything it would decrease the flavor even more.

Just wondering if you could compare to any of the above RDAs because owning a standard Kennedy makes me not want a Kennedy with any more airflow. Last week I was torn over the hobo v3.1 and the Kennedy 22; I decided to get the hobo due to less airflow, smaller chamber, two post design and huge post holes.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I have an Aeolus and nothing beats it on flavour, but it's not a hard hitter and the top cap pops off all to easily, and that annoys the hell out of me.

The Kennedy is a much more sophisticated and robust atomiser, has all of the advantages of the Aeolus, doesn't leak and has flavour for days, maybe not like a Derringer or Aeolus which are much more delicate attys that need more care and attention when in use. I love the Derringer but don't dare to pull hard on it just after I have dripped in fear of getting a mouth full of juice.

Whereas the Kennedy I can fill and forget, doesn't leak, it has a deep juice well, hits hard, has flavour and clouds and nothing pops off it by accident. And the large build deck is a joy to build on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread