Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Oh, I don`t know?

I guess they are alright.

View attachment 588663

:)
I'm working on getting there. Anybody here know if there are any aftermarket (or stock) Kennedy 25 caps/sleeves being sold? I have the Grizzly Sleeve on one of my 24's, but District F5ve only makes 22&24mm options. And there's no option to buy an extra top cap on Kennedy's site.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
I'm working on getting there. Anybody here know if there are any aftermarket (or stock) Kennedy 25 caps/sleeves being sold? I have the Grizzly Sleeve on one of my 24's, but District F5ve only makes 22&24mm options. And there's no option to buy an extra top cap on Kennedy's site.

Save On Vapes have 25mm standard sized dragon caps in a few finishes. But no slam caps or 3rd party options.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Save On Vapes have 25mm standard sized dragon caps in a few finishes. But no slam caps or 3rd party options.
Yeah I saw those. I think i may have to make my own. The cap I have in mind would be more of a sleeve to incorporate the district f5ve chubby (24mm) topcaps.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Lots of 25mm glass sleeves available.
Hm. Im also gonna see what I can do about making one. I'm kinda hell bent on it since I now have 2 decks and one cap.

Edit: and now that I got a few of these bad boys in;
cda1ebd70ee6c8575c82ef5dcaf69412.jpg

Burnt Ti chubby caps :D I really need to make a sleeve to fit over the K25 deck & accept a chubby Kupcake or chubby Summit.

Last edited:

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
image.jpg
I stopped by the kennedy site for the first time in a while. They added the Trickster 24. Stainless Steel post and AFC. Not much that interests me as I'd never run a single coil or choke it down and it would just add a source of leaking. But, I know there are some Kennedy holdouts due to the lack of AFC and copper posts.

Also, squonk pins available for the 24 and 25 two posts.

Reactions: VHRB2014

Kinggrond

Feb 17, 2013
Romania
They should add SS posts to all Kennedys, I managed to strip the threads on one of the copper posts on my 24 using a thick wire setup which needed a bit more force to be kept tight. I must mention I am very careful with my setups, never overtighten the screws but apparently copper is not the most wear resistant metal when it comes to threading and with the steel grub screws vs the soft copper on the post it's just a matter of time until the copper gives up... :mad:

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
They should add SS posts to all Kennedys, I managed to strip the threads on one of the copper posts on my 24 using a thick wire setup which needed a bit more force to be kept tight. I must mention I am very careful with my setups, never overtighten the screws but apparently copper is not the most wear resistant metal when it comes to threading and with the steel grub screws vs the soft copper on the post it's just a matter of time until the copper gives up... :mad:

You might contact Kennedy and see what it costs to have a new one pressed in. It should`nt be too much to have them replace it, its a pretty easy job. So Its not a total loss. If you have the skills, you could get a new post and do it yourself.

BOL.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
It's not pressed, it is held in place by a screw (it's the 2 post version) so replacing it would be a breeze but a set of new (steel) posts is $30 plus overseas shipping so I think I'll pass for now... It was the second setup ever on a $100 atomizer, lol...
I've done that too. I didn't strip my post threading, more like the screws carved into the lower part of the posts near the hole. I've built my k24's and 25's a lot and haven't stripped anything but I have cut into the copper by tightening the screws down on to the leads really tight.

In other news. Screaming Demon Cap anyone? They've been sold out since they were posted to Kennedy's website so I'm still waiting...

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
Personally I think the Kennedy is way over priced by a long shot but that's just my opinion there are so many devices that put out just as good if not better performance for less money. Take the Tsunami for instance, Alliance, my Buddha mini even and the were half the cost. Heck I can by a complete atomizer for what one cap of the Kennedy costs. I have a subzero that puts out just as good of vapor and I think the flavor is better but then again it's all on how you build them too.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Hm. Im also gonna see what I can do about making one. I'm kinda hell bent on it since I now have 2 decks and one cap.

Edit: and now that I got a few of these bad boys in;
cda1ebd70ee6c8575c82ef5dcaf69412.jpg

Burnt Ti chubby caps :D I really need to make a sleeve to fit over the K25 deck & accept a chubby Kupcake or chubby Summit.

OK, So Iv got the hankering to do someting like that. So, what I think I`ll do is buy the cheapest k24 clone I can find <10 bucks, and a pancake top from one of the usual Chinese suspects, then I`ll cut the top off the new cap. I think it`ll work. :?)

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Personally I think the Kennedy is way over priced by a long shot but that's just my opinion there are so many devices that put out just as good if not better performance for less money. Take the Tsunami for instance, Alliance, my Buddha mini even and the were half the cost. Heck I can by a complete atomizer for what one cap of the Kennedy costs. I have a subzero that puts out just as good of vapor and I think the flavor is better but then again it's all on how you build them too.

LOL. I keep looking at all the other, newer, stuffs, have most of that too. But I keep buying K clones because they just get it. I guess they are a simple atomizer for a simple man. :?) They have a simplicity to them like a top fuel dragster. No foo foo, no extra bits or complications, just straight "get it done" design.

BOL.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
OK, So Iv got the hankering to do someting like that. So, what I think I`ll do is buy the cheapest k24 clone I can find <10 bucks, and a pancake top from one of the usual Chinese suspects, then I`ll cut the top off the new cap. I think it`ll work. :?)
I don't endorse Kennedy clones. But it's your money so you can do what you want with it.

The subzero is like $20 less than a Kennedy at $65 for the 22mm and $70-85 for the 24mm. But I'm not here to try to convince you to buy one. In my opinion their simplicity is what makes them the best atties on the market. Nothing breaks. And if something does, and it's authentic, Steve Kennedy will fix it for free. So I'll take a company that sources everything in the USA and stands by their product to warranty it for life over anything else. But that's just me. If you wanna buy 2 tsunamis go for it. I'm not a fan of the post style but if you would rather have 2 midrange atties over 1 Kennedy, do it up.

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
I don't endorse Kennedy clones. But it's your money so you can do what you want with it.

The subzero is like $20 less than a Kennedy at $65 for the 22mm and $70-85 for the 24mm. But I'm not here to try to convince you to buy one. In my opinion their simplicity is what makes them the best atties on the market. Nothing breaks. And if something does, and it's authentic, Steve Kennedy will fix it for free. So I'll take a company that sources everything in the USA and stands by their product to warranty it for life over anything else. But that's just me. If you wanna buy 2 tsunamis go for it. I'm not a fan of the post style but if you would rather have 2 midrange atties over 1 Kennedy, do it up.

I'm sorry but with the quality of devices available around the 45 to 65 dollar range I can't warrant paying 100 plus dollars for an RDA especially when I can purchase a device for half the cost with better options and performance for instance I have a CCI Centurion with the velocity deck and paid 55 dollars for it with 3 different airflow barrels that slaughters my buddy's 24mm Kennedy in all areas. He was ...... when I kicked his .... at a cloud comp with it and he had over 380 bucks in his setup and I had 130 in mine. I'm not bad mouthing Kennedy products if my boy said here you go it's yours I'd use it but I can't warrant running out to purchase one new. The market is overflowing with quality budget friendly devices that perform amazingly. That's like AV mech mods I can't see what makes them worth 2 to 400 bucks and even more than that yet, my Prax1s mod performs just as good is a third of the cost and is light in the hand and pocket. A good quality copper mech for 100 bucks maybe but even then it would have to really wow me. For the cost of an AV abel I can buy a complete SOI legendary and subzero setup just saying.
Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
Sorry @Tom Forde my response got stuck in your quote for some reason lol oh well either way, I respect your choice, it just isn't one that I would make that's all. I build my own boxes, make my own coils, and brew my own juice. With that said I March to the beat of my own drum. I'm not one that jumps on trending band wagons or buys devices because of status. I'm about the vape experience itself and not who makes the device. I own authentics and clones and don't prefer one to the next, every device has a slightly different personality and that's what makes it interesting. I have many devices and like 45 different RDA's. I have bought, sold, and traded so many different devices it isn't funny. They all have something in common and that is they produce vapor. The way I see it is vape what you can afford and save for what you want but I invest in wire and eliquid supplies so If I don't rock an AV Abel so what, and if I didn't spend 750 dollars on a Vicious Ant Variant big deal I'm doing me and having fun. Nobody said it had to be expensive right?

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Sorry @Tom Forde my response got stuck in your quote for some reason lol oh well either way, I respect your choice, it just isn't one that I would make that's all. I build my own boxes, make my own coils, and brew my own juice. With that said I March to the beat of my own drum. I'm not one that jumps on trending band wagons or buys devices because of status. I'm about the vape experience itself and not who makes the device. I own authentics and clones and don't prefer one to the next, every device has a slightly different personality and that's what makes it interesting. I have many devices and like 45 different RDA's. I have bought, sold, and traded so many different devices it isn't funny. They all have something in common and that is they produce vapor. The way I see it is vape what you can afford and save for what you want but I invest in wire and eliquid supplies so If I don't rock an AV Abel so what, and if I didn't spend 750 dollars on a Vicious Ant Variant big deal I'm doing me and having fun. Nobody said it had to be expensive right?
I ain't judging you, I personally prefer authentics. You make box mods? Message me I want to know more.

McAnythingReally

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2015
Albany, NY
Um, what? I don't get what you're saying.
I think what he is getting at, is that for his experiment of chopping the K24 cap and using a Summit style top cap, it would be more advantageous for his purposes to get a Kennedy clone without a logo on the cap, otherwise he would end up more than likely cutting off the K and E of Kennedy on the logo. Curious to see how that pans out, I have a junk K24 clone that I wouldn't mind hacking up myself for science lol, the cap would fit an Authentic deck so it would be worth my while to try out.

Reactions: VHRB2014
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread