RDA Kennedy 24mm RDA thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
I think what he is getting at, is that for his experiment of chopping the K24 cap and using a Summit style top cap, it would be more advantageous for his purposes to get a Kennedy clone without a logo on the cap, otherwise he would end up more than likely cutting off the K and E of Kennedy on the logo. Curious to see how that pans out, I have a junk K24 clone that I wouldn't mind hacking up myself for science lol, the cap would fit an Authentic deck so it would be worth my while to try out.

Ah that makes sense then. If you have an authentic deck definitely go for the grizzly sleeve & chubby cap combo. It's $35 if you choose stainless for the sleeve and delrin for the cap.
I have been thinking about getting some tube stock, 25mm OD, 3mm thick for the Kennedy 25 to accept chubby caps.
Also, this:
973e828608ac67e9e9154b485c978042.jpg

Kennedy 25 screaming demon cap came in the mail Monday. It's great. Standard DT's fit inside as well but I like the AFC tip it comes with. If I want extra air I don't like the holes up, I do this:
a3da23217a0f93a7b9c474c439bd6869.jpg
so the air doesn't burn my lips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Ah that makes sense then. If you have an authentic deck definitely go for the grizzly sleeve & chubby cap combo. It's $35 if you choose stainless for the sleeve and delrin for the cap.
I have been thinking about getting some tube stock, 25mm OD, 3mm thick for the Kennedy 25 to accept chubby caps.
Also, this:
973e828608ac67e9e9154b485c978042.jpg

Kennedy 25 screaming demon cap came in the mail Monday. It's great. Standard DT's fit inside as well but I like the AFC tip it comes with. If I want extra air I don't like the holes up, I do this:
a3da23217a0f93a7b9c474c439bd6869.jpg
so the air doesn't burn my lips.

Ya, I really want one of those caps in 24mm. I left my email for notification the other day with them. I made a top air flow only set up with a 22mm demon cap and then plugged the holes on a V1 deck and it kicks and does`nt leak a stitch, so I would love to give it a shot with the larger 24mm deck. But gonna have to wait on that cap. Top flow does wonders for cooling what would normally be a really hot vape.

Best. :?)

Reactions: Tom Forde

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Personally I think the Kennedy is way over priced by a long shot but that's just my opinion there are so many devices that put out just as good if not better performance for less money. Take the Tsunami for instance, Alliance, my Buddha mini even and the were half the cost. Heck I can by a complete atomizer for what one cap of the Kennedy costs. I have a subzero that puts out just as good of vapor and I think the flavor is better but then again it's all on how you build them too.
I've got the Tsunami, no where close to the flavor or smoothness of the Kennedy. IMO the Tsunami is way over rated, not a bad rda but just over hyped.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Ya, I really want one of those caps in 24mm. I left my email for notification the other day with them. I made a top air flow only set up with a 22mm demon cap and then plugged the holes on a V1 deck and it kicks and does`nt leak a stitch, so I would love to give it a shot with the larger 24mm deck. But gonna have to wait on that cap. Top flow does wonders for cooling what would normally be a really hot vape.

Best. :?)

Yeah I want it for 24mm as well. But that would mean buying another deck lol. I may just get a Trickster to see what the difference is & to see if the deck is wider due to the cap reaching all the way to the bottom. Maybe Kennedy was able to increase the diameter of the inner deck to 23mm with a 1mm cap. Also, a vapeband and an o-ring from a D5 chubby cap (the small thick red one if anyone here has a chubby cap) fits perfectly around the inner part of the top cap allowing for top airflow vented towards the sides.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
3/4 inch standard copper pipe "coupler" for the barrel. Cup Cakes from FFF and FT.
Total cost is a ridiculous 3 to 5 each complete cap.
Now I gotta find some brass and stainless in the same size`s. :?)

L1080046.JPG

L1080047.JPG

Happy Thanks Giving.

PS, got a 24mm Demon Trickster coming in from 3F. :?)

Last edited:

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
Lol wow this thread is still going. Anyways I got hands on the 2post 24mm. Really loving it. Btw, I ordered another 24mm 2 post atty 4 days ago but they still have not shipped. Any of you guys know if Kennedy took a break or something?

In the past, I've recieved tracking numbers days after the order shipped. I also had an order take several days to ship.

Dan011z

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2015
Claremont, California
3/4 inch standard copper pipe "coupler" for the barrel. Cup Cakes from FFF and FT.

View attachment 616507

View attachment 616509

Happy Thanks Giving.

Where did you get hands on that top cap and tip?

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Where did you get hands on that top cap and tip?

At the hardware store, get a coupler for 3/4 copper pipe, it`ll be longer then you need. You have to cut it, square it, and viola, you got the barrel, then you just get the caps from 3F and Fasttech.

:?)

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ

View attachment 616507

View attachment 616509

Happy Thanks Giving.

Brov. Dat HK mod tho...... so sexy. Are those sleeves for the 24 or the 25? If they're for the 25, can you make them in SS or Ti? Also. I have some drawn out to account for the taper of the chubby caps for the 25 if you're interested in making something different.
7f562a9495b812488136610d9a703fd1.jpg

Screaming Demon 25 top down...&
889e4faaccc95941333572a3e6d114fd.jpg

Love that shot. Got all the details in the milling.

Edit: Dan, as for the flavor, try doing what I do and using the thick red oring from a d5 chubby cap around the part of the DT/AFC cap that goes into the main body & close up the bottom air with either a vapeband or packing the bottom air with cotton or both. The result is 4x 2.5mm top air holes vented sideways & increased flavor.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
That picture is fantastic Tom, your coils and the copper poking through really make it shine.

Im not going too have much interest in the 25mm stuff, Iv got too much invested in the 24mm stuff to worry about what a 1/2mm on each side would be like. When difference`s are that minimal, I rarely pay attention.

Yes, there plenty of time to play with the demon cap, but the first thing I have to do is make a sleeve for the drip tip. I was talking to Crispy Caps about one but they dropped the ball so I`ll probably just cobble something up. I can tootle it just fine, but get huffing on it hard and its get flipping hot, LOL. So far it`s pretty cool, I do have one bottom hole blocked w/cotton and like to run one hole on top open, for air coming from both directions, its very nice. Love having something K that`s PVD`d even if its a clone.

L1080055.JPG

:?)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan011z

Dan011z

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2015
Claremont, California
Brov. Dat HK mod tho...... so sexy. Are those sleeves for the 24 or the 25? If they're for the 25, can you make them in SS or Ti? Also. I have some drawn out to account for the taper of the chubby caps for the 25 if you're interested in making something different.
7f562a9495b812488136610d9a703fd1.jpg

Screaming Demon 25 top down...&
889e4faaccc95941333572a3e6d114fd.jpg

Love that shot. Got all the details in the milling.

Edit: Dan, as for the flavor, try doing what I do and using the thick red oring from a d5 chubby cap around the part of the DT/AFC cap that goes into the main body & close up the bottom air with either a vapeband or packing the bottom air with cotton or both. The result is 4x 2.5mm top air holes vented sideways & increased flavor.

Yep! Planning on ordering the d5 this week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread