kGo arrived today! Why is my carto crackling??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jammin

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Washington DC
I hope you love it Jammin - one of the things I like most about vaping is all of the options, not only with batteries and mods, but with cartos -there is something for every taste - a little confusing at first, but lots of fun finding the sweet spot!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I will let you guys know how the clearomizer works out when it arrives! :vapor:

Andyhrn

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
TX
Luvinit- jealous of your red one! You'll love it! My birthday is coming up too... Wonder if I can talk the boy into more gear... :)

Thanks for the tip on vapor4 life bright star lights! Will have to check them out!

I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning -this is so yummy! I love it!

Keeping the Mistic batteries for running around though - they do last though 6 hours of heavy vaping, are really easy to carry since they're just a smidge bigger than an analog, and I like their menthol (plus I can buy the carts at Sams club). Plus they keep my boyfriend from buying a pack when we go out - I still don't trust myself with analogs in the house! (he is one of those people who buys a pack, smokes 2 & then doesn't touch them again for weeks! But if I know they're in the house, I will tear it apart looking for them.... Maybe I'd be better about it now that I have the kgo, but why chance it!)

I don't know why ppl didn't pay more attention to MISTIC brand. Battery and cartos lasts extremely long. I have some still works from last May.LOL Used cartos (808) works very well in DCT tank where all 510 are failed.

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Northern NY, United States
Mornin girls.. I have noticed that the flavors are different on the kGo. I don't have a ton of cartos right now,,, actually been shopping for some. Have you guys every tried the EchoE dual coil 2.3ml cartos? I was also looking at Mega SmokTechs.. they're supposed to hold 5mls! Vapor Beast has them and it says they'll fit the kGo. They also have a tank that looks interesting, and they have free shipping too... Bonus! I digress... the flavors are different and I'm not sure right now if that's a good thing. My favorite doesn't taste the same,, but another one that was so-so on my Elite is kickin with the kGo. I'm going to get out the atty later and give that a shot.. gotta go do some research on those mega smoktechs... one fill that lasts a couple days? I'd be totally in with that!

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Andy - I obviously agree about the Mistic - battery life is really terrific for such a tiny thing, the carts are refillable, they're ultra portable, fairly stealthy, and the whole set up is inexpensive. I haven't tried using the carts on my kgo yet, but did buy a 501-808 adapter in hopes that they will work :)

Luvinit - I'm noticing the same thing about flavors! I'm wondering if its in part due to the cartos though? The Boge 2.0 seems to be the worst offender for me, giving things a weird chemical taste - should they be cleaned before use like an Atty??

Jammin

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Washington DC
Mornin girls.. I have noticed that the flavors are different on the kGo. I don't have a ton of cartos right now,,, actually been shopping for some. Have you guys every tried the EchoE dual coil 2.3ml cartos? I was also looking at Mega SmokTechs.. they're supposed to hold 5mls! Vapor Beast has them and it says they'll fit the kGo. They also have a tank that looks interesting, and they have free shipping too... Bonus! I digress... the flavors are different and I'm not sure right now if that's a good thing. My favorite doesn't taste the same,, but another one that was so-so on my Elite is kickin with the kGo. I'm going to get out the atty later and give that a shot.. gotta go do some research on those mega smoktechs... one fill that lasts a couple days? I'd be totally in with that!

I have not tried the cartos you mentioned, but have a smoktech dual coil on order, along wtih a clearomizer and a boge. LOL I am tryin' to find another good carto, hopin' one of these are it.

I added you and cheeky to my contact/friendlist here. Hope that's ok :toast:

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Cheeky.. not sure about the weird taste on the Boge 2.0.. I'm using one of those and rotating with one the 1.7's.. I loaded the 1.7 with my favorite juice (Highbrow Tiramisu) and it isn't like I remember it at all. Not bad, just different. The Boge I loaded with a new juice that came with my kit and I don't like it much,, just the juice I'm sure. You shouldn't have to clean a carto before use,, at least I never have.. just load and go. I haven't tried the atty yet.. I'm a little afraid of it! Have you used yours? I'm not sure I know what to do with it.. haven't even unwrapped the cartridge thingys that were in the kit.. but oh, I gotta tell ya I am surely in love with this red beauty! With a red drip tip... truly sexxxxxy!

Andyhrn

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
TX
Andy - I obviously agree about the Mistic - battery life is really terrific for such a tiny thing, the carts are refillable, they're ultra portable, fairly stealthy, and the whole set up is inexpensive. I haven't tried using the carts on my kgo yet, but did buy a 501-808 adapter in hopes that they will work :)

Yes. Got some from Good Prophets.

The filler from the carto which has been in use for 4 months.
Here some pics: 20120304_123216.jpg 20120229_163018.jpg
20120304_123312.jpg

bruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
Louisville, KY
You're gonna love the EMDCC. Hold lots of juice and hit like a champ. You probably should have ordered a couple 510 extenders, because the EMDCC can be on the fussy side about making contact with the battery. There's a thread about them that's over 100 pages long somewhere on this forum.

On a first fill, I usually drip 100 drops into the carto. Take the mouthpiece off, hold the carto at an angle and drip down the inner wall of the carto. Don't get any liquid in the center hole.

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Thanks bruiser... 100 drops???? WOW! Guess I won't have to top that off every 10 minutes! Cripes, I thought I read everything I could find on these things and never saw anything about an extender! Boy, am I gonna be ...... if I get these things and they don't make contact:mad: Keep my fingers crossed! Update for Jammin and Cheeky... I tried the atomizer.. YUK! Maybe I didn't do it right, but seriously, what a pain! And the taste... blech! Kinda chemically. So I filled up one of the Smoktech 1.7's with some chocolate liquer juice and OH BABY! This stuff is fabulous!! And oh yeah,, snap, crackle and pop! So I'm more than happy with my new kGo... wish I'd found this one first!

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Hi Cheeky.. I sent you a friend request.. just click to accept. Or click on my name and you'll get a drop down menu.. go to my profile and on the left under my name you can click on "+ friend".. So, the atty, I did blow it out, several times but nothing came out of it. I only tried one juice and it was icky.. I ran some good hot water through it and left it to dry overnight, so maybe I'll try it again today. I'm really finding that the flavors don't taste the same on the kGo,,, like I said, not a bad thing. After hubby went to work last night I dragged out ALL my stuff... cripes, I've got chargers all over and a pile of batts and juice bottles spread all over!! I organized everything,, took me a couple hours!! But it's FUN! Hubby thinks I'm kinda nutty with all this but I think he's happy that I don't stink anymore.. So my bday is coming up.. you girls have any suggestions on what I should ask for?? I was looking at VaporGirls pretty purple jewel set up.. but I don't know. She also has some purple tanks I could use with that one.. very torn about it. Maybe some gift certs for juice? Well, while I'm deciding, maybe I'll go fill some cartos for work. :w00t:

Jammin

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Washington DC
Hi Cheeky.. I sent you a friend request.. just click to accept. Or click on my name and you'll get a drop down menu.. go to my profile and on the left under my name you can click on "+ friend"..

Same here Cheeky. I also sent you a request. Go to the top of the page and look under "notifications" (next to your name, and account settings, profile, - near where you log out). You shoudl have some notifications there, luvnits and my friends request for starters, and you probably have other notifications there as well you didn't know you had!!! :)

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Okay, it seems that tapatalk doesn't give me any of the notifications, so I can only add friends if I'm on the full site on the computer which doesn't happen very often these days, but I'm on now so I could add you :) Yay!

Luvinit - you may have to blow the atomizer out a bit more - mine took a while, but once the chemical taste was gone, dripping turned out to be an explosion of fabulously intense flavor! Please post pictures of your collection :)

Jammin - I didn't know you could like a post lol It seems that I've been missing out on the full experience by only using the browser on my phone... going to have to start giving the laptop more exercise!

New question - how do you fill your tanks without spilling??? I haven't tried to fill mine yet, because I can't figure out how I'll get the top back on without dumping half of the juice in the process - any suggestions?

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
New question - how do you fill your tanks without spilling??? I haven't tried to fill mine yet, because I can't figure out how I'll get the top back on without dumping half of the juice in the process - any suggestions?

You dont remove the top,that is the secret :)

1-remove drip tip
2-slide tank up,maybe 1/4" above the end of the atty
3-pry it sideways (no worries,its mounted on o-rings) until you can aim the juice bottle tip at the gap
4-sqeeeeze!
5-botton things up,vape.

Edit: dnt do it on the battery;have a rag or kleenex handy in case some spills out the air hole...work things smoothly and slowly,when buttoning things back up,you might create some pressure and that is what make things go leaky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread