Kgo disassembly

Status
Not open for further replies.
kgo.jpg How to diss-assemble a KGO for repairs. If you are not inclined to do this type of thing I suggest you don't, these things can go bang in your mouth ya know.

Remove button with finger nails.

Grab button housing (the part with the button, the atty and cone screws to) with a pair of pliers and pull the battery casing off, it takes a little muscle but it's just pressed on there. Be careful when it separates not to tear any wires. The battery housing should slide off the battery.

The circuit board is just in a slot and will slide out easily, you can pull it all the way out but not much further because there are 2 wires connected inside the button housing in addition to 2 wires you can see attached to the battery.

I didn't see any information how to do this so I figured I'd post it. both of my kgos had the ground wire come off from the battery to board, one because I dropped it on hard wood, the other because I left it in a hot car's glove box. I didn't have my iron with me so I simply shut the ground wire in the casing when pressed back together and it's been working fine. The casing has a ground wire running to the same spot on the board.

Last edited:

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Not sure what to make of this but the battery says hgb130700r G0410. It doesn't look very difficult to replace as an alternative to buying an entire battery case.
I wonder if that battery is a 13700, which is a common eGo size. Quite different from a 14650 (as used in E-Power 14650.) I have two different makes of 14650 protected which measure 14mm wide and 68-69mm long.

13700 is only available in large quantities according to this post...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/where-can-i-get/286819-13700-battery.html

Last edited:

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California

Rader2146

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2012
Waco, TX
130700s are round li-polymer cells. Li-po cells are in the same league as IMR where safety is concerned, but a good li-po will put an IMR to shame when it comes to performance.

Here's a 12700 1000mAh that should be a good kGo/eGo replacement. Might need a thin wrap to take up the 1mm difference.

HobbyKing R/C Hobby Store : Turnigy nano-tech 1000mah 1S 15C Round Lipo

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California

earthtribe81

Feb 29, 2012
Savannah Ga
I just dissembled mine and the black wire is attached but the red one not, I cant see where it attaches because the board is glued in place and I'm concerned that the necessary pressure may get damaged,Is there a graphic anywhere ? I'm not in great financial shape right and have to resort to repairing many things instead of the easy way of buying new ones,,,,,, I would greatly appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread