killed my atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ted26

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2008
uk england
I have done that and it is smoking better than before but i am still in the adjustment stage as it seems to be irritating my chest for some reason.

I am pretty sure i did some damage by smoking the 901 with its dummy cartridge in the end when i first bought it 3 days ago:oops:

Does e smoking irritate anyone elses chest or have those 50 roll ups a day taken there toll?

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Most e-smokers get a sore throat when they start e-smoking. Quite a normal thing. Drink a lot, and rinse and gurgle (and then don't e-smoke anymore after that) as last thing before going to sleep.

After a few weeks these symptoms should slowly fade away; after that you might occasionaly get it again if you have been e-smoking heavily for hours; but in general you shouldn't be bothered by it anymore after the first 2-3 weeks (diminishes slowly though, might take some more time to dissapear completely).

About 10% of the users seem to be allergic to PG (propylene glycol, the part that 'makes' the vapor). In those cases the sore throat won't dissapear after those firstweeks; or will even get worse instead.
If you show to be part of that 10%, then you can try to lessen the PG you get in (some can handle it when it's simply less). You could do this by e-vaping less; or by going to alternatives like VG (glycerol).

But I wouldn't be worried in the first weeks over a sore throat, unless it soars through the ceiling... it's just normal for most beginning e-smokers to have this :) (And drinking more plus giving it a rest at night-time, by cleaning your throat well before going to sleep, does help most of us...)

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
I have done that and it is smoking better than before but i am still in the adjustment stage as it seems to be irritating my chest for some reason.

I am pretty sure i did some damage by smoking the 901 with its dummy cartridge in the end when i first bought it 3 days ago:oops:

Does e smoking irritate anyone elses chest or have those 50 roll ups a day taken there toll?

The atomizer is most likely on it's way out- if it's irritating yopur chest, then it's most likely burnt the fiber material that the heating coil wraps around- you might be able to use it for awhile longer, but it's still goign to taste bad and irritate your lungs and throat. How many weeks have you been using it?

I see you've only beren using it 4 days- hmmm- it could have gone htrough hte 'cleaning cycle' to cause that burnt taste- these cleaning cycles are worthless as they tendto ruin the taste from thereon out & it seems the taste is always htere no matter what- dripping will lessen the taste, buit it's still there subtly

Last edited:
Everytime I see one of these 'burnt atomizer' threads, I keep meaning to jump on here and say something:

While I can't speak for anything other than the penstyle, I have 6 atomizers (3 Smartfixx, 3 of Meltrex white generic). While I didn't think Meltrex' generics had a lot of promise at the start, they're now my workhorses. (I have yet to have any trouble with 'em.)

As for the Smartfixx, I never saw that 'autoclean' thing kick in, but over time, with all 3 of 'em, I eventually got that sudden 'really bad burnt taste'. I used the tips here (running 'em under water, or soaking in alcohol, or fillin' & shakin' with white vinegar).

A couple of 'em were fixed right away--but one tasted horrible no matter what. But seeing as how Smartfixx likes to gouge their customers for 40.00 an atomizer (uh, I'm done with them by the way) I couldn't bear to throw the bad one away--so I tossed it in one of these little Native American pots on my bookshelf.

This past weekend I came across it (it's been in that pot for around 2-3 weeks). Just outta curiosity, I tried it, expecting that rotten taste; but it worked perfectly.

All of this to say:
1) Don't ever throw them away, you NEVER KNOW when they might mysteriously decide to work like new again

2) Smartfixx can eat my shorts for their exhorbitant pricing, these generics are workin' for me just as well. (They're just not that cool jet-black, but I can live with that!)

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Yeah I'm done with SmartFixx too- their atomizers are terrible in myopinion & t6he atomizers are hte main component to hte whole device- Ev3n if they lowered the price to below $10, I still don't htink I'd buy hteir atomizers- they've recently been sendign replacements that are different in design than hte ones I originally got, and these 'newer' ones (I guess they are newer- either that or the ones they are sendign me are some really old ones that they have laying around out in the garage) don't produce nearly the vapor the original ones I got with hte kit do- not that those lasted any longer, but at least htey produced better vapor when new.

Apache- buy from Cashme's site- his atomizers fit hte smartFixx penstyle, and htey are only $9.95- for thast price we coulkd order 4 for hte price it would cost for just one of SmartFixx's atomizers - his batteries are also much cheaper & the cartridges are a 1/4 the price of SmartFixx's price I beleive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread