kingcig mini jedi

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj081283

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2015
Has anyone ever heard of these things? It looks interesting with a single swappable 18650 with USB charging, a magnetic door for the battery compartment, and 50w for 39.99. im not personally holding my breath on it but I was curious to see if anyone had any experience with it.
Here's a link: Mini Jedi 50W by KingCig $39.99 - Box MOD / 20W +

Cirrusx1

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2014
Buffalo Grove , IL, USA
I just got one Friday. I love it! The video is very accurate in describing it. It's a nice, light, compact, uncomplicated device. Reads accurately and all my atty's fit flush. The 510 isn't spring loaded but they're smooth and appear to be stainless. I was on the fence for a bit wanting either a sigelei Mini 30W or an istick 50W. Both of those have had numerous issues reported here which kept me from pulling the trigger. I saw this and rolled the dice. Very glad I did.

cj081283

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2015
Yeah the problems ive been hearing about them is making me cautious in my decision when I get it because I don't have a lot of money (if it were to die on me it'd probably be a while before being able to afford another one lol.

But yeah ive been looking at this one and the two you mentioned already. It's a bit more also but I was looking at the innokin mvp3pro which is 75 with the Isub get tank. Even though it'd cost more to start out I'd prefer removable batterties. Though they're not out yet I'm also looking at the Joye Tech evic and the new kanger subox.

Jeez too many choices lol.

Edit: please keep me up to date on how it holds up for you. Ive got a little while before I even have the money to do everything since I'd want to get a tank and I'd have to get a few batteries for it first

Reactions: Cirrusx1

Cirrusx1

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2014
Buffalo Grove , IL, USA
Will do! btw a good good budget friendly tank I like is the Smok VCT
VCT A1 by Smok $12.99 - Sub Ohm Tank
Not quite as good as the Subtank min but nice and the coils last and are cheaper. I've only use the A1 coils btw. I'll be trying the X2's soon.
The Mpv's are nice and coming with a tank is awesome but I just can't / won't deal with a big ol' brick anymore lol!

cj081283

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2015
The smok tank was actually one of the ones I was considering. Vapenw also has the ijoy acme for 15 right now but I havent really heard too much about that either but it definitely looks different with the airflow controller being on top. Its designed to help stop the tank from leaking I guess and the coils only ran about 2 dollars for one.

I'm really considering going with the mini Jedi once I have the money though. I'd rather go for 50w+ even if I find out I never use it, I just want to have the possibility there to mess with.

Cirrusx1

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2014
Buffalo Grove , IL, USA
Hmm that would make sense. There's so little info on these things at this point. It looks like it could be a nice cheap little unit.
My thoughts exactly. So far it's what I'd hoped for. I want a reasonably priced, fairly durable APV in a smallish form factor. I need it to do one thing well....provide consistent power to my atty's. Bells and whistles are nice but I'm hoping simplicity is going to equate to reliability.

LA-Vapite

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Los Angeles
Nice lil device!

However; Battery life is not that great.
Tried a sammy and a vtc4 - they both seemed to deplete very quickly.

So far it reads my tanks spot on, and Vapes as expected.
Battery is easy to remove, screw on the bottom can be tightened or loosened with a fingernail or dime
Magnets are a bit weakish, but no rattle
While the 510 does not seem to float or be adjusted, the 3 tanks I have tried sit flush.
  1. No lock settings, no visible battery sag, just as basic as can be.
  2. Screen is pretty bright.
  3. Comes out of sleep mode in what seem to be almost instantly
  4. Nice Form factor
I'll try to post some side-x-sides if anyone is interested

Andy79Z28

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2015
Long Island
I got mine. I am comparing it to my Istick 30. To start with if it is off you can not tell if it is charging or when it is charged. You have to turn it on to see if its charged. I find the edges to be a little sharp (not rounded enough). The battery life is not as good as my Istick 30. I only run at 10 watts (Mini Nautilus). The screen is nice and bright easy to read. You can not lock it to prevent wattage changing. But for the price it is a great MOD.

Reactions: Cirrusx1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread