kingcig mini jedi

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuloMono

Verified Member
Jul 16, 2015
Waxahachie, TX
Well good luck with it. Mine worked great for several weeks. Till the 510 became bad. Seems that there are only 3 of us with this mod. The 510 is not a stock type so replacing it does not seem to be an option.

Have you considered trying to pull the board and using it to build something else?
I opened mine up the other night while at work looks pretty simple inside.

So far I have been using this while at work for up to 12 hours at a time, in that time I go through 2 charged Samsung 25r's. (on really slow nights I will insert the 3rd about an hour before shift ends).

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Well mine is dead! The 510 is no good. It is a pressed in connector. I ordered new connector but no way to install it. I have to take it to my friends machine shop and see if we can mill down some material in the inside. No way to install a replacement 510 with out some machining.

Mine did not last to long before i had the 520 problem. I wound up buying a sigelei 50w V2. The price with coupons was under 40$. Much better piece.

Where did you order the VR2 from?

CuloMono

Verified Member
Jul 16, 2015
Waxahachie, TX
3rd week report.

I get a lot of looks and questions as to what it is by the B&M workers when I go in to window shop.
but honestly the best point is the USB pass through so I can charge it while driving (been doing too much of that lately).

Found my first real problem with the Jedi Mini.
Picked up a Mutation x v3 and set up a single coil build to try it out. Couldn't get the Jedi to read it.
Solved by backing out the screw connector at the bottom about 1/4 turn.
After that turned it up to 50w and it was a nice vape.

I just got my Mini Jedi on Wednesday, and my 18650s to run it yesterday (Thursday), so today is my first full day with it.
My Mutation X V3 doesn't quite fit flush, but almost, and I haven't had any issues with intermittent contact. There is no rattle at all (Though there was before I put a battery in it, must have been the negative screw..?) and it is very intuitive to use. I find the size and form factor reasonably comfortable in hand, but if they came out with a version that was a little less angular, I'd happily order one. The overall fit and finish is good, one or two blemishes on the side panels, but you have to look really close to see them, and they don't detract from the appearance or function.
I'm coming off an iStick 30W, and have not yet built below 0.5 ohms, so I don't know how it reacts to really low resistance coils, but at 0.5, the extra wattage is producing more vapor than I'm used to, it's nice to have a mod that I have not yet overtaken...
No problems yet, though I will add my thoughts if anything comes up...

So, I'm past the one month mark, by 14 days, and no issues. Not one problem so far, and this is my all day, every day mod. The only thing I'm not in love with is that the charging port is on the bottom, so it's a pain in the .... (as it is with many mods) to charge with my RDA installed. Otherwise, it's a rock.

Would buy again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread