Koh gen do in stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoppaRoadCruiser

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Dallas, TX
Musta missed something... I don't get it but do your ceramic tweezers chip away after use? I'm having problems like below View attachment 368942

And the Hakko cutters aren't very durable huh
e4c10ea8dda21a97f3810c291f2e901d.jpg

Wow...I have never had that issue with the tweezers. They are a little bit darkened at the ends from when I was torching my coils before installing but I don't do that anymore since I learned how to tension wrap coils. As far as the wire cutters go, I've only used them with 28 gauge and they seem to be in excellent condition. I'll check em out tonight when I upload a pic of the Labo pads.

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Wow...I have never had that issue with the tweezers. They are a little bit darkened at the ends from when I was torching my coils before installing but I don't do that anymore since I learned how to tension wrap coils. As far as the wire cutters go, I've only used them with 28 gauge and they seem to be in excellent condition. I'll check em out tonight when I upload a pic of the Labo pads.
I think what's happening is that when they go from hot to cool they chip away slowly.... I saw youtubes twisted420 was working with a set that looked worse than either of mine?? Dunno is there a better quality ceramic.? I bought mine from VAPOR DNA

Last edited:

JoppaRoadCruiser

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Dallas, TX
I think what's happening is that when they go from hot to cool they chop away slowly.... I saw twisted420 was working with a set that looked worse than either of mine?? Dunno is there a better quality ceramic.? I bought mine from VAPOR DNA

It appears that there are. If you google ceramic tipped tweezers, multiple search results pop up with price tags of $100 or more. So I'm assuming you kind of get what you pay for. Can't see myself paying that much for some tweezers though.

Last edited:

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Do you keep the tip cover on when storing them?
No cover but if you think you can damage them by just leaving them in a box of stuff..... Not gonna happen. I tried clipping one side to be even with the other that had chipped..... using the hakkos/wire cutters and I created sparks.

Didn't even come with a cover... Where did you purchase your's and how much?

Last edited:

Midniteoyl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2014
Indiana
Yours are rounded off mine were like needles at the very tip, very sharp ...... I'm going to be looking for the replacement ceramic tips..... ROUNDED

I actually have both. The pointed ones are still in good shape too, but I tend to use the rounded ones for coil squeezing as they fit better.

JFalcon

Jan 10, 2014
NC
For those looking to get ahold of Organic Japanese Cotton, I found these at Rite-Aid today:

riteaid.jpg

Note the "Made in Japan"

They're about $6 for 60 pads. They work incredibly well, for me at least. Easy to cut and wick great, best flavor I've ever had with my Kayfun and Magma.

It may be hard to read in the pic, but they're organic, unbleached, and crimped around the edge. The crimping makes for a really easy insertion into my coils, snip off the ends, and done.

Last edited:

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
For those looking to get ahold of Organic Japanese Cotton, I found these at Rite-Aid today:

View attachment 370361

Note the "Made in Japan"

They're about $6 for 60 pads. They work incredibly well, for me at least. Easy to cut and wick great, best flavor I've ever had with my Kayfun and Magma.

It may be hard to read in the pic, but they're organic, unbleached, and crimped around the edge. The crimping makes for a really easy insertion into my coils, snip off the ends, and done.

I have a Rite Aid a few miles from the house, I may have to pick up a bag just because...

maf2k8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
www.facebook.com
Well i found it! Koh Gen Do! It is the exact same stuff! Different name, Much more for much less! Paid 15 shipped from Amazon, 200 pads and got it in 2 days!

Its hard to tell what your buying with all this "Japanese Cotton" out there lately. After reading a bunch of reviews and google links i decided to order this stuff. I received it and couldnt believe i waited this long. Now i can go crazy with my wicks and not be worried about having to hunt down the stuff for awhile.

Now if this stuff becomes hard to get, Screw it i am going back to cotton balls! lmao

Last edited:

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Well i found it! Koh Gen Do! It is the exact same stuff! Different name, Much more for much less! Paid 15 shipped from Amazon, 200 pads and got it in 2 days!

Its hard to tell what your buying with all this "Japanese Cotton" out there lately. After reading a bunch of reviews and google links i decided to order this stuff. I received it and couldnt believe i waited this long. Now i can go crazy with my wicks and not be worried about having to hunt down the stuff for awhile.

Now if this stuff becomes hard to get, Screw it i am going back to cotton balls! lmao

That's not the koh gen do but it is japanese cotton...... I personally like the koh gen do brand.... But to each their own...... It is hard to get, for the time being..... But you got some... You're good to go. that's alot of wicking... You could change it out everyday for a few years and still have a good supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread