• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Korean vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

James C

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Northern NJ
Hello I'm a Korean American who is interested in teaching English in Korea. I just want to know how popular vaping is there? Are there a lot of stores in Seoul? Is vaping allowed in public places?

I will probably try to get placed in Seoul. I haven't been to Korea in over 10 years. So I don't know about anything there anymore! I hear I won't even recognize Seoul cause it has gotten much bigger and crowded...

Panga13

Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Thailand
Hi James :)

There are quite a few ecig stores around but they are very expensive. Some are better than others. Most of the decent stuff is on Korean web-malls.

I order from FastTech. It does seem to be quiicker than to the US but not necessarily by much. The slow bit of FT is your stuff actually leaving the shipping country (normally) Singapore. Post inside Korea is very fast. Normally shipping to delivery is 12-15 days for me in Busan.

Some people vape but not that many especially in public. Ecigs are well enough known that it is not an alien concept to most people here. Vaping is legal. I get stared at especially when I'm using a big atty (like a taifun) on a mod. I get stared at when I'm not vaping here anyway. Guessing less so for a Korean American. Beyonfd the funny looks I've never had trouble vaping here. In 5 months of vaping I have only seen 4 locals vaping. Always egos w/ clearos.

There is nothing I have needed/wanted here that I have not been easily able to get over the internet from Chinese/US suppliers including juice, diy bits, kanthal. 18650 batteries is the only tough thing due to shipping but they can be got locally.

James C

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Northern NJ
Thanks so much panga! I do most of my shopping for vaping through the internet anyway. I'm just scared if I do go to Korea, I get sucked back into smoking analogs! So I need to have a security blanket lol. Now I'm hoping I can bring my batts and clearos and my vast array of juices through customs when I get there. Guess I'll have to research that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread