kraken coil problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sterlingsdaddy

May 21, 2014
omaha nebraska
So I'm new at micro coils. I've only built two for my kfl so far and they work great. After seeing some good reviews about the kraken I decided to get one. I must say this thing is gorgeous, but when I got done with my coil (8 wraps on a 1.8mm precision screwdriver with silica wick) and it all back together all i get is a nasty burnt taste. any ideas?

JohnnyEars

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
United Kingdom
Sounds like you have a hot spot. What are you using for a wick? If you are using ss mesh, if so, you may have not torched it enough, or you may be touching the bottom of the tank or the wick hole.
Try using a cotton wool wick in the Kraken, it's much easier to set up. Using ss mesh takes a lot of practice to get right..

sterlingsdaddy

May 21, 2014
omaha nebraska
All I had to work with after 5 failed coils was cottonball. And atm I am having a huge wicking problem. The coil is burning good. Idk if you can see it but it seems to be heating good
2q18kz5.jpg

f2eqv.jpg

sterlingsdaddy

May 21, 2014
omaha nebraska
In all honesty. Idk what i did different. But im not having a burning taste no real wicking problem that is if I wait a minute in between puffs. Lol. Thankyou for giving me the push I needed to build this coil johnnyears. Btw. The coil is .6 ohms. Never built one this low, I don't even know the gauge of the wire nor if it's kanthal or not. It came with the atty when I got it from eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread