Krimson Kustoms, 3.7v, 5, Variable Voltage and Evercool. Quality, Look, Great Price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny2hottie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2010
Strong Beach, CALI
www.youtube.com
got it today! looks like great craftsmanship. great job james!

2 minor things concern me though: 1st, the thumb wheel adjuster is a little stiff but im sure it'll loosen up a bit with time. not really a thumb only adjuster, more like 2 finger pinch grip adjuster. besides its good so it wont change voltage on me. so i guess its not a bad thing. 2nd, the catch cup spins around the atty connector. the atty connector doesnt sit recessed into the catch cup therefore not really making it a "catch cup" it sits above the "catch cup" which i foresee as making it more of an asthetic thing than one of actual functionality.

the construction is nice and the electronics look very clean. i like the button's clickly feel and size in comparison to others constructing similar mods.

overall this is the best of those in the same class (3xAA box mods)

Will definitely be keeping this one! I recommend this device to anyone looking into these types of mods.

i hope i didnt turn anyone off by posting this mini review. TRUST ME..this is THE BEST of its class and at a great price. you WILL NOT find anything like it of better quality and construction.

james: if you feel this review is unjust pls let me know and i will adjust appropriatly.
Evercool in black on black.

ImageShack(TM) slideshow

Devil :evil:

JamesW

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2011
MO USA
I don't plan to silence anyone that would give their opinion on my mods. I think you're right on all topics.

The beauty ring is like you said more for aesthetics than anything, it does stop about 2 drops of juice but it's not exactly a large receptacle. The only thing I offer that actually retains a large amount of liquid is something like this ImageShack(TM) slideshow that holds nearly a half a ml before it overflows. (found that out trying to fill a carto with way too much in the needle)

As far as the motion on the ring, that I will admit is my fault I normally push the connection in flush and it holds the ring firm when I fill it with epoxy but while balancing it to aim straight it may have come slightly loose. If this is something that you don't like I can see about getting it fixed for you please PM me.

The potentiometer dial is meant to be stiff because I add the finger adjustment I don't want it loose enough to spin from gripping the side or having it move in your pocket.

Overall I'm just happy you enjoy the mod and I appreciate you coming by to let us know your thoughts.

James :evil:

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
you can embed your video here, just grab the youtube link, then come here to make a post & click on the video strip above the text box. It'll ask for the url of your video. Paste it in, voila...............your video review will be on this thread. :)

publishing my video review now. should be up in a little bit. my youtube name is in my sig. how you guys like it!

jonny2hottie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2010
Strong Beach, CALI
www.youtube.com
thanks for that tip bmwjen...heres the vid

you can embed your video here, just grab the youtube link, then come here to make a post & click on the video strip above the text box. It'll ask for the url of your video. Paste it in, voila...............your video review will be on this thread. :)

Last edited:

shutokou

Mar 15, 2011
Tallahassee, Fl
As the new owner of that afore mentioned red evercool box, I have a few things to say about it.

This thing is pretty awesome.

The inside of the box is extremely clean, and by that I mean everything is neat and organized, and even the soldering work is nice. The big red button that was put on it has a very nice tactile feedback. It's stiff but not too hard to press, and when it clicks, the button gives completely. There is no half way pressed with this button, when you press it, you most certainly know it's on. Plus, it just feels nice, it's 1 of those buttons I just love to press.

The airflow is nice around the connector, this varies from 1 e-cig/mod to another, even when the same standard connector, in this case 510, is used. I noticed on this connector that it has a fairly raised middle section, this might have something to do with the increased airflow, and also likely makes better contact with the middle post on my cartomizers. I've had to press down on the center cup of an E2 cartomizer to get that center post pushed out some in order to make contact at various times with other mods, maybe this will solve that.

The red led is nice and isn't too bright, the on/off switch at the bottom is extremely useful, as is the fact that it has an evercool regulator and greatly extends my poor little 14500's battery life. The voltage dial is stiff enough to not change when it's slipped in your pocket, and provides decent grip. The led light flashes when the batteries are low, I don't know how this works, am fairly sure it was intentional, and it sure is useful. I know this sounds like an ad, but I really do have a hard time finding something to not like about this mod. If I had to think of something, I'd say it needed a separate on/off switch for the led, so the little lady doesn't annoyed with it in bed. After all is said and done, I really don't see anyone beating it for the price.

James, you did an awesome job, and I appreciate the extra work. I very well might be ordering another 1 (minus the led for bedtime use) very soon.

Last edited:

JamesW

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2011
MO USA
Hey Shutokou, I'm happy you like the mod and hey there ain't nothing wrong with it sounding like an ad :2cool:

I have actually considered a way to have the LED be on an on/off switch but with the little 3xAA cases I can't stuff a 3 position switch in there where it would look descent(I've tried, didn't go well).

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to stop by or just to say hi!

James :evil:

DavidTop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
New York City
James made this VV Evercool 18650 for me.

ImageShack(TM) slideshow

It vapes like a champ and the batteries last for almost two days. As you can see from the pictures the insides are extremely neat and compact. The only thing that's missing is an on/off switch and honestly it's too big and heavy to carry in any pocket. But could I really expect anything else from 2 18650's. There's a joke there somewhere 'Its not the box its the batteries'.

Anyway I really love the large pot that protrudes just enough so that I can deliberately turn it but I don't really worry about its getting accidentally turned. The arrow on one end really comes in handy.

I originally wanted it held together by magnets but the screw inserts made that moot, so we went ahead with the original screws.

As for the vape its pretty much the same as the 14500 VV I already had from James.

Its hard to improve on excellance.

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
Can you use it with LR´s 1.5Ohm at 5 volt? With 2 flame bats, you got 4800 mAh. Yes, even chain vaping should last 2 days or more. Looks great, somewhat big, but power plenty and long lasting bats needs that.
Hmm, maybee i need a 14500 based and a 18650 one, beacause of the size.

James made this VV Evercool 18650 for me.

ImageShack(TM) slideshow

It vapes like a champ and the batteries last for almost two days. As you can see from the pictures the insides are extremely neat and compact. The only thing that's missing is an on/off switch and honestly it's too big and heavy to carry in any pocket. But could I really expect anything else from 2 18650's. There's a joke there somewhere 'Its not the box its the batteries'.

Anyway I really love the large pot that protrudes just enough so that I can deliberately turn it but I don't really worry about its getting accidentally turned. The arrow on one end really comes in handy.

I originally wanted it held together by magnets but the screw inserts made that moot, so we went ahead with the original screws.

As for the vape its pretty much the same as the 14500 VV I already had from James.

Its hard to improve on excellance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread