Krimson Kustoms, 3.7v, 5, Variable Voltage and Evercool. Quality, Look, Great Price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutokou

Mar 15, 2011
Tallahassee, Fl
Possibly a mini or micro usb charging slot? I'm by no means an electrical engineer, and it seems like it would be much more complicated to do such a thing with 2 batteries in parallel, than a single battery setup of something like a single 18650. Also, I realize there isn't much space to work with, so this simply may not be feasible.

However, I'm sure everyone has had a moment where they wished they'd brought an extra set of batteries, and since most people have cell phones, and most cell phones use micro usb, that wouldn't really be a problem any longer. I guess just add this to the wishlist. :laugh:

JamesW

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2011
MO USA
I actually did sit down at one time and try to figure out a switching circuit for a USB charging unit that would put the batteries into a parallel state for usb charging and go back to series when you wanted to vape but the issue is space and money. It would cost atleast 20 bucks for parts to do it and a couple hours extra work unless I was able to figure out a way to set it to a 3 way switch for parallel one on side and series on the other where one was only connected to the atty in series and other to USB in parallel.

The issue is the wire connections themselves not being switched in the correct spot could easily cause a short and ruin the whole thing. In the end it really is something I'm still trying to figure out a solid way to do but with the usb units only pumping out about 200 mah it would take 8+ hours to actually charge a 14500 unit and nearly a day or more for an 18650 unit. Kind of a lot of time and effort for something so simple right?

James

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
Ordered an evercool 2*14500 VV box, and a few hours later it was allready build, pictures sended to me, and a little later shipped.
Thank you very much James, for your response and very quick service.
Cannt wait to get it here.
I have 4 18650 batts laying around here, from a mod that doesn´t work anymore. If I like the evercool, and I will, I would like to have also a 2*18650 VV evercool, like the one I have seen on your thread.

Would it be posible to build one, but with a 5 amp switch?

shutokou

Mar 15, 2011
Tallahassee, Fl
I figured as much, simple in theory, difficult in practice, and I definitely can't think of any other solutions. I thought about the possibility of those hobbyist li-ion or li-po battery packs, but then the only method of charging would be through usb, and there's no telling how long a company would make that specific sized battery pack for, possibly making replacement difficult. Oh well, it's nice to think about...right along with that solar panel on the back so we can leave it on the dashboard to charge while we're in walmart :p

JamesW

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2011
MO USA
Fsroq, yeah I am willing to make the evercool 18650 versions for people however with the time and quality parts used in them I have to price them a bit higher. I sell them for $95, which I know can be sticker shock but it's actually still a bit cheaper than some of the competition. If you'd like one then you just let me know.

Shotokou, I wonder how thick solar panels are and if they are durable, I'll look around about that.

James :evil:

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
Two questions.
I dont like transparent mods, can it not be made in a solid color, and if so in wich color?
Two of these 18650 bats are providing a lot of amps. I fried the switches of 2 18650 mods allready so can it be made with a switch that can handle the amps.
I know that mostly no more then 3 amps are implicated, and with my 2*14500 mods, using trustfire flames, even if the demand where there, they are just not able to deliver it, so protecting the mod to be fried. With 2*18650, like I said, fried allready two of them, so the switch, and maybee other components, should be higher rated.

Fsroq, yeah I am willing to make the evercool 18650 versions for people however with the time and quality parts used in them I have to price them a bit higher. I sell them for $95, which I know can be sticker shock but it's actually still a bit cheaper than some of the competition. If you'd like one then you just let me know.

Shotokou, I wonder how thick solar panels are and if they are durable, I'll look around about that.

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
I have been following this thread for a while, and now I have a few questions... :blink:
I am interested in just the 3.7v in Red with a Red switch.

I noticed that you have 2 sizes of LED's available (with the smaller one only in Red)... What is the difference? And is it possible to make one that doesn't light up the whole box?

I'm not sure if I want the 'beauty ring' or not, but I haven't seen any pics of a mod without one...

And I know this might sound silly.... but all I see is the Red & Black Trustfire batts in them, and I was wondering how a Blue one would look in the clear Red case?? I know it would look awesome in a Blue one... LOL!! But that is all I can get ahold of right now, unless you happen to have some batts for sale, too...

Thank You for your time... sorry to be such a pain!! :facepalm:

JamesW

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2011
MO USA
Not a problem at all spacekitty, I actually made a red on red with no beauty ring literally 2 days ago for a friend of mine. I didn't take pictures because I didn't think too, but give me a few mins and I'll see if I can't get him to take a few pictures of it and send them to me so you can see exactly what it looks like.

The LEDs I offer in 2 different sizes just because the smaller 3mm red one doesn't light the entire box, it's actually just a small light that is to know the buttons depressed and that's perfect for those who don't want the light show. The 5mm however are fairly bright and light the entire case.

The batteries, I use trustfire flame wrapper batteries as my main batteries I use daily. I had some blue wrapper ones but I gave them away when I got all the new ones. They look fine in the red and green cases as well as the blue, the blue dampens and you just see the batteries shadow mainly. I've considered offering batteries with my mods and I very well may in the coming months but currently I don't have the capital to allow for an inventory of batteries/chargers on top of what I have to carry for the mods.

If you have any other questions just throw em out there, it's not a pain at all. I'll see about getting some of those photos for you.

JamesW

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2011
MO USA
Ok they're not superb quality but pretty good for a phone, helps to show what it would look like.

frontnzi.jpg

topck.jpg

It just sits flush in the box and that's what the color combination looks like.

Slideshow of the two pictures.

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Wow... that was quick... Thanks!!

Is there any reason you switched batts?? I have a gift cert to a well known mod vendor, but they only sell the ones for their mods so I don't have much choice...

I won a beautiful wooden box mod a few months ago... bottom feeder with VV, too, but it's not really practical for everyday use, and was a big jump up from my eGo for a 1st mod... LOL!!

I've always wanted a little see thru box mod, but most of the ones are so sloppy and gunked up that you wouldn't want to see the insides...Yuck!!

You do such nice work and really take the time to work with your customers, that I know I've come to the right place now... :thumb:

My 1 Year Anniversary of being smoke-free is tomorrow (WooHoo!!) and I am trying to talk a friend of mine into buying it for me!!
Wish me Luck!!! :vapor: And thanks again for all your help...

JamesW

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2011
MO USA
A great congratulations on your one year anniversary of being a non-smoker. It's a great accomplishment! I switched batteries honestly just because I bought several pairs of the trustfires with a new charger from overseas while the others had come from a local vendor. Being a bit crazy I hated having the set of blue batts in amongst the several pairs of flamewrappers so I just gave em to a buddy when he asked me to make him a mod.

I do appreciate the compliment and I strive to attain more of them for you and others. I want people to love these mods so I give them the extra time and effort they deserve. With them being transparent I do make sure to spend the extra time and make the wires clean and no epoxy that isn't needed. It's all about that clean look that makes me go the bit further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread