Krimson Kustoms, 3.7v, 5, Variable Voltage and Evercool. Quality, Look, Great Price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesW

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2011
MO USA
I would have to take a few measurements and give it a little look see, but what are you looking for as far as a mod? like a 2x16340 evercool? I could probably do something is like a 3x2x1 inch box that I could stuff all that in, would be about the same size as a 3xAA maybe a little thicker.

Give me a few ideas as to what your vision is and I'll see what I can do on paper for ya.

James :evil:

emonty

Flavor Junky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
the Netherlands
Hi James,

yes a 2*16340 evercool, smallest possible....
what about 4*16340 or will that become a lot bigger?

I would have to take a few measurements and give it a little look see, but what are you looking for as far as a mod? like a 2x16340 evercool? I could probably do something is like a 3x2x1 inch box that I could stuff all that in, would be about the same size as a 3xAA maybe a little thicker.

Give me a few ideas as to what your vision is and I'll see what I can do on paper for ya.

JamesW

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2011
MO USA
I don't think it'd be that great of an idea to do a 4x16340 just because of the fact at that point you'd be running pretty high voltage to the chip to the tune of 16.8 volts on fresh fully charged batteries. That's out of spec for most variable chips and I don't like the idea of making something unsafe.

However, as far as the 2x16340, I could set them sideways in a box and possibly cut about an inch off the normal 18650 boxes I make, you'd run into the same life of a 14500 box though, so you'd just be trading for a different looking box at that point. That's totally up to how you feel about it, if it's something you're really interested throw me a PM and I'll do some more digging on what I can make happen for ya.

emonty

Flavor Junky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
the Netherlands
I have 16340's lying around and no 14500's...so that option would be great (4me) and even smaller. The AW IMR 16340's are good batties too IMHO

Looks interesting, if the box could be smaller then a 3AA. If not better a 2*14500, to use all the batts most of us have laying around. Then maybee You have some 16340, and no mod to use them. Like I have some 18650, and both mods I was using them in I have shortly fried. lol.

jbmcdan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2011
TX
spacekitty, in defense of the modbuilder's picture that you posted, I have the real deal from this shop and it looks nothing like the website's picture. It works flawlessly, which matters more to me than "how it looks" anyway.

not trying to derail your thread, james -- it looks like you do very nice work!

Sorry... I just had to post this pic... :facepalm:
One of the WORST examples I have ever seen!!!

Last edited:

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
spacekitty, in defense of the modbuilder's picture that you posted, I have the real deal from this shop and it looks nothing like the website's picture. It works flawlessly, which matters more to me than "how it looks" anyway.

not trying to derail your thread, james -- it looks like you do very nice work!

Sorry... I didn't mean to ruffle any fur... uhh.gif but now it makes me wonder why they wouldn't have put a better pic up there then?? It looks like there would be no way to service it if something went wrong....

Which also makes me wonder if there is any kind of warranty on these mods... Ha!!

jbmcdan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2011
TX
nah, no fur ruffled here :) but Lisa warrantees her work, and makes good mods. She's just a small start-up business, and I'm sure she'll work on her photography skills :) I wasn't wild about the pictures either, but decided to give her a shot and am glad I did. I like supporting small business owners who are trying to do the right thing...plus I have to admire a woman who knows how to use a soldering iron :lol:
and I've been following James' work here for the same reason -- he seems like a stand-up guy who builds nice mods that people can afford. Gotta respect that and I hope to own one of his mods someday, too ;) one of those evercools is calling my name!
Happy vape-a-versary!

JamesW

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2011
MO USA
JBM, more power to you my friend. I love when people step out of their own free will to actually defend a product they purchased. It is very pleasing to know that someone makes a product so satisfactory that the customer defends it, that's the bar people should strive to meet.

Jen, I dropped you a PM about your mod, it's nearly complete and ill be sending pics soon!

JamesW

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2011
MO USA
The latest custom case: Clear 14500 Evercool with Display!

This is what Jen was talking about! Sadly I was going to use a little tact switch she sent me to make it look really nice and had it all planned out, till I breadboarded the switch and popped it on the third push. So I had to go a different route and use a bigger 3 amp switch to make sure it was good to go, but that made me angle the board which is irritating but now it works great, and safely.

I haven't attached the adjustment dial yet because I ran out of em! Ya'll got me working good and hard and I appreciate it very much! I'll post a few more tomorrow when I get the new dials made.

JamesW

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2011
MO USA
The only problem is there is literally no where to put it in a 3xAA box like the one that I created for you. Which is why I had to use a larger case. However, you could attach it to like an old carto, just solder it on to the wire from the carto which some people do to check the voltage that way.

The display from madvapes is the same one that went into that case, it simply takes the power running through it and reads the voltage out, no special wiring or anything, just negative to the first wire and positive to the second and bam you got voltage on screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread