Lab supplies and suppliers of mixing tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
If your looking for a one stop shop MFS has a nice selection. That's where I usually get my mixing supplies. There are less expensive alternitives but I like there quality products.

Nicotine & Mixing Supplies

I buy my syringes by the hundred usually on ebay or amazon.
I have a list of suppliers on my blog.
dannyv45's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I bought quite a lot of measuring supplies that I ordered from a plastics company that sells high-quality supplies that must meet very strict standards. They sell mainly to educational laboratories, those in the medical field, scientific labs, etc. (I'm a retired teacher and donated a bunch of them to the schools I used to teach in.) I've still got some though - beakers (in sizes ranging from 25mL-2000mL) and graduated cylinders (from 10mL-1000mL). When I decided to start DIY...I used a few of them the first couple times I made some batches of eliquids. But now...I don't use any of them to make my own liquids. I just mix directly into the bottles my mixes will stay in! So, IMO you don't really need beakers, flasks, graduated cylinders, etc.!

I do use syringes in 1mL, 3mL, 5mL, and 10mL sizes though. Also, I use the blunt needle tips that go on them in 14, 16, and 18 gauges. Because I do Bill's Magic Vapor 100DT on every new recipe I try...I also use pipettes, which I buy in bulk quantity.

Other than that, a supply of bottles in various types & sizes is all that I needed to order. I have glass bottles (in 30mL, 60mL, and 125mL) to store nic base in the freezer, and plastic bottles (in 15mL, 30mL, 50mL, 60mL, and 125mL) for my eliquids. Also got some 3mL and 6mL sizes in plastic...for giving samples of flavorings and finished eliquids to friends.

You don't need to spend much $$ at all to get the measuring and bottling supplies that are absolutely necessary. You can always spend much more if you want to though. I just prefer to spend it on more flavorings, nic to stash, etc. :)

Reactions: IDJoel

Telmos

May 11, 2016
Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

you may want to look into mixing by weight. Super easy

But now...I don't use any of them to make my own liquids. I just mix directly into the bottles my mixes will stay in! So, IMO you don't really need beakers, flasks, graduated cylinders, etc.!

I was thinking of doing similar since I really didn't want to go from noob to "Breaking Bad" in one leap. Just have a question about mixing by weight. Won't different liquids/flavors be of different consistency and mass? For example, does VG weigh less than PG and how would that work if you are purely mixing by weight? Could, for example, 50grams of VG and 50 grams of PG end up with an actual ratio of 60VG/40PG, or am I overthinking this?

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY

I was thinking of doing similar since I really didn't want to go from noob to "Breaking Bad" in one leap. Just have a question about mixing by weight. Won't different liquids/flavors be of different consistency and mass? For example, does VG weigh less than PG and how would that work if you are purely mixing by weight? Could, for example, 50grams of VG and 50 grams of PG end up with an actual ratio of 60VG/40PG, or am I overthinking this?
Yes they do have different values, but there are lists here to enter into the calculator. I just switched to mixing by weight and it is the better method. more accurate and less supplies and clean up needed. Read about the two methods and decide for yourself. I have done both and wish I had started with the weight method.

Just like vaping in general, DIY is a little expensive at first and then it's downright dirt cheap.

Reactions: Telmos

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I use 1.06g - nic, 1.08g - pg, 1.27g - vg, and for flavors 1.03g.
Get a calc such as ejuice Me Up, and enter your weights under the tools/grams set.
When adjusting your flavors, just adjust the %'s.
Hope this helps. :)

g set.jpg
reciepe.jpg

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
Simple answer is I treat them as weights listed below

Pg= 1.03
Vg= 1.26
100mg vg nic = 1.23 ( there is a chart that defines other weights)

I treat all flavors as 1.00 most vary between 1.02 and 1.04 and I just ignore the variance and treat everything as 1. The only place this might cause a problem is for something dissolved in alcohol. Which I rarely use.

Last edited:

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.

I'm a strong proponent of using a scale for mixing. You might find this thread helpful Mixing By Weight: Basics 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread