• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ladies, do you have pets? Or do pets have you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandelionwings

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2011
Lexington, KY
A single polish rooster, I think is fine sound-wise. They still crow but not as loud as other roosters----unless you have more than one polish rooster. Then they get more aggressive and vocal! But with our Polish, we have a couple of hens that are way more aggressive than the male lol---they will chase the dogs and it's soooo funny!

randi.shinney

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2010
Ogden, UT
LOL! I think we'll at least try it out then! We have a friend who said he would take a rooster if we end up not being happy with him so it's worth a shot!! I can only imagine.....My Dobie getting chased by a chicken!! That would be hilarious!! She thinks the chickens are are hers. She guards over them and will chase off any cat or another dog that comes into their area! It's funny! I think they kind of like her too. They aren't afraid of her, they just kind of look at her an continue as usual!

EmmaJo

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2011
Missouri
OK, here are my babies....introducing Emma
IMG00090.jpg

my Roxy girl
IMG00089.jpg

and last but not least Little Toot Louis
IMG00083.jpg

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma
LOL! I think we'll at least try it out then! We have a friend who said he would take a rooster if we end up not being happy with him so it's worth a shot!! I can only imagine.....My Dobie getting chased by a chicken!! That would be hilarious!! She thinks the chickens are are hers. She guards over them and will chase off any cat or another dog that comes into their area! It's funny! I think they kind of like her too. They aren't afraid of her, they just kind of look at her an continue as usual!

:laugh::laugh: I can just see a dog running from a chicken!!!

Emma......your fur babies are cute!!

Catmom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2011
Blue Ridge Heaven
I realized I haven't posted individual pictures or told you all their names. First the triplets. Not sure why those thumbnails are showing up at the bottom. I couldn't put all seven of them in one post.

Angus
Angus 1-10-10.jpg

Basil
Basil 1-10-10.jpg

Daisy
Daisy 1-10-10.jpg

Attachments

• Ivy 1-16-10 2.jpg
    Ivy 1-16-10 2.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Tasha 1-16-10 2.jpg
    Tasha 1-16-10 2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

JewelzBagz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2011
AZ
drinks out of your coffee cup if you aren't watching her every second

I'm cracking up reading this! I though my Loki was the only coffee drinkin doggie around. I do drink caffeinated!

Here's my boy Loki and my kitty Goldie having some snuggle time.

1lokigoldie.jpg

Here's Goldie and Mica enjoying the laundry basket.

1goldiemica.jpg

And here's Loki and Chester Topaz taking a play break.

1lokichester.jpg

Considering how much my life revolves around-buying dog food, buying cat food, buying cat litter, watering water fountains, cleaning litter boxes, feeding animals, dressing animals, diapering animals, cleaning messes out of the rug, refilling the potty pads, sewing animal clothes, mixing and mashing vitamins, procuring/baking/drying homemade treats, cleaning out the tub (kitty bowling alley), shopping for toys, picking up toys, righting everything that's been knocked over/pulled out/destroyed beyond all recognition, walking animals, and of course providing love and affection-my animals surely own me. When will they start paying me for all this service I provide? That is the real question?

.......and I wouldn't have it any other way.......:wub:

Karen171

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2011
north Texas
I'm cracking up reading this! I though my Loki was the only coffee drinkin doggie around. I do drink caffeinated!

Here's my boy Loki and my kitty Goldie having some snuggle time.

1lokigoldie.jpg

Here's Goldie and Mica enjoying the laundry basket.

1goldiemica.jpg

And here's Loki and Chester Topaz taking a play break.

1lokichester.jpg

Considering how much my life revolves around-buying dog food, buying cat food, buying cat litter, watering water fountains, cleaning litter boxes, feeding animals, dressing animals, diapering animals, cleaning messes out of the rug, refilling the potty pads, sewing animal clothes, mixing and mashing vitamins, procuring/baking/drying homemade treats, cleaning out the tub (kitty bowling alley), shopping for toys, picking up toys, righting everything that's been knocked over/pulled out/destroyed beyond all recognition, walking animals, and of course providing love and affection-my animals surely own me. When will they start paying me for all this service I provide? That is the real question?

.......and I wouldn't have it any other way.......:wub:

So well said, Jewelz, lol.:laugh: You've got some real cuties and I already know Loki ...he has always been a favorite on here.

Catmom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2011
Blue Ridge Heaven
Oh, Dande, that's so sad! Thank goodness you'll at least be able to see them.

We're dealing with the possibility of having to move, but several states away. I won't go without our cats. I'm stressing out at how to move with seven cats, and what that will do to them. We took four to the vet this morning, and they cried all the way there and all the way back. I don't even want to think about 8 to 10 hours in a car. Or the logistics of packing and unpacking with seven cats.

JewelzBagz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2011
AZ
We are moving and I'm only going to be able to take my turtles. Thankfully, I'll still see all of our other babies several times a week. Just not the same.

OMG I am soooooo sad for you! I would seriously have to be sedated for quite a while. At least you will get to see them regularly, but I'm sure that thought is only vaguely reassuring....

Oh, Dande, that's so sad! Thank goodness you'll at least be able to see them.

We're dealing with the possibility of having to move, but several states away. I won't go without our cats. I'm stressing out at how to move with seven cats, and what that will do to them. We took four to the vet this morning, and they cried all the way there and all the way back. I don't even want to think about 8 to 10 hours in a car. Or the logistics of packing and unpacking with seven cats.

Good lord you will have your hands full. But actually the fact that you'll be moving by car may be to your benefit. Several years ago I moved to AZ from New England. It was an all day affair trudging through airports with my kittybaby by my side. The vet gave me sedative pills, which I was kind of afraid of. So I gave her half the dosage and used calm down in her water. I continued to use the calm down for several weeks after we got here and it seemed to help. Once the truck (which was delayed because of flooding in TX) arrived with our things-she was back to normal in 24 hours. I guess having our familiar furniture that was covered in her scent was really reassuring to her. Based on that experience, I'd recommend starting to rub your kitties and yourselves with old sheets/towels that you will use in their crates for the move, and also putting them out in your new location until you can start unpacking your stuff. Hopefully it will help them out.

ETA: I almost forgot! A few years ago we took a several week vacation by car. My kitty was recovering from surgery and confined to a cage for 6 weeks. So he had to come on the trip, there was no way I was leaving in someone else's care during that critical time. What a trooper that boy was. The first couple of days were really hard, but he adapted well. I used the calm down for him also, but I also had found out about Feliway. I used that to rub inside his car cage and hotel cage. I think it helped as well.

Here he is in the car cage, scoping things out:

img00035201005311014.jpg

Here he is on the hotel bed. I would take him out at night for a little mommy snuggling time:

img00037201005312236.jpg

And here's his hotel cage. You can see the feliway wipe down in the bottom left corner. It looks like a baby wipe-and my boy looks pretty content:

p6070257t.jpg

God I miss him! :cry:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread