• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ladies, do you have pets? Or do pets have you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
He is on the large side. They both are. Both are very lucky rescues. Bubba was removed from a home who was mistreating him, and Ike was found by a friend of mine after his owners kicked him out on the street after they moved from their apartments. They don't know how close either of their butts were to being in a shelter, but they will never know now. Bubba is 70 lbs, he came to be at 54 lbs. Ike is 13 pounds. He came to me at 9 pounds. Boy likes to eat! That's why we call him Donger. From the movie Sixteen Candles. He got it from how he trots to his food bowl. DONGER NEED FOOD! Lol! But I'm the luckiest rescue of all. So I had to go with the bigger bed :)

I'm so glad for all of you that you rescued them. :) One of mine was from the street, the the other from the pound.

bully mom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2011
Kentucky
Hello fur parents. I'm am owned by a 9 mo old bulldog named Henry and two kitties, Otis and Willy.

Otis is our oldest. Both kitties are tuxedos and are barn cats. Otis is named after Otis the drunk on Andy Griffith. He was a baby when we moved to the horse farm we currently live on. He got his name because he used to show up at our back door when he was hungry. After being fed, he would run right back to his barn. It took me about 3 mos to get him to let me pet him and another 2 or so before he decided to move into the house. He is without a doubt one of the best kitties who has ever owned me. He is at least 13 and a heart issue and arthritis have started to take a toll so I spoil him as much as I can.

Willy is 3 and named after Prince William because he was born on his wedding day. His sister is Kate and she was adopted by another family who lives about 5 miles away. The family took Willy and Kate but Willy kept finding his way back to our house and would sit on the front and refused to leave us. So he stayed and we adore him.

We had a very special boy named Schultzie who we lost at the age of 9 this past February. He was our first bulldog and we were devastated when he passed away. We swore we would never have another dog because the pain was more than we could stand. Two weeks after Schultz passed, my husband came home and announced that he just had to have a bulldog in the family so I started our search. Which leads us to Henry. He has brought life back into our family and we love him dearly. If you have ever been owned by a bulldog, I know you can understand. :) Please meet our boys. From left to right.
Willy as a baby, Otis , Schultz, and Henry.

Wee Willy.jpg Oti B.jpg Schultz, Feb, 2014.jpg Henry, close up and personal.jpg

One last picture. Henry as a baby with our girls. Henry with sissys.jpg

bully mom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2011
Kentucky
Great Pictures, bully mom!

So sorry for the loss of Schultzie, but i'm glad that you were able to open your hearts to Henry- he's a cutie :)

Thank you so much CES. I was heartbroken to hear of your loss too. I combed through these threads to see if I could find out what had happened to your beastie and I can't imagine how awful that must have been for you. I don't do well at all when it comes to losing any of my babies. I'm so sorry for your loss.

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Aww! so soft and shiny!

You know, she was :)

And so so smart was Cleo! I'm legally deaf, without my hearing aids I can't hear anything at all ... Cleo was wonderful at waking me up when the morning alarm went off :)

Elly not so much :unsure: We tried to train her but she would just dance in the floor wanting a treat :facepalm:

CES

optimistic cynic
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    It's extra hard when you lose the wake-up dog. My beasties listen to me when i tell them to go back to sleep (my wake-up dog did not). So, since i wake up when it gets light, i had to put a light on a timer to make it harder for me to go back to sleep when i have to wake before the sun comes up on these short winter days.

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    It's extra hard when you lose the wake-up dog. My beasties listen to me when i tell them to go back to sleep (my wake-up dog did not). So, since i wake up when it gets light, i had to put a light on a timer to make it harder for me to go back to sleep when i have to wake before the sun comes up on these short winter days.

Yeah, it was :(

I had to get a Sonic Boom alarm, it vibrates the bed :facepalm:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread