• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ladies who rebuild....

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
Good morning Vsummer :)

Thanks!!

y'all are making it difficult not to contemplate rebuilding :D
Perhaps for the new year.

Let me make it even more difficult! :)

Easy RM2 micro coil build - YouTube

There are two videos - the second is under the first - click the link. Won't let me post two at a time in the same post.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
Good morning Vsummer :)

Thanks!!

y'all are making it difficult not to contemplate rebuilding :D
Perhaps for the new year.

It really is a breeze on the RM2. Rob has the wire available on his site so you can try the various ones. I would recommend getting the 28 and the 30. I know it isn't fancy, but if I am using ceramic or ekowool for wick I just coil it right on the wick freehand. If I am using cotton, I sometimes just wind it around a toothpick.

You have to have something that will read your ohms, that is very important to test for a short. I use a Vamo, my ProVari is too limited to read them. I actually use the Vamo as a handle to coil. Depending upon what ohms you use now you will probably want to coil something in the same range to start out. It is really easy to do, the hard part is figuring out how many coils is going to get you in the range you need. For 30 guage, I think it was around a toothpick about 4/5 wraps for a 1.5 coil, but leave extra wire after you screw it in so you can add or take one away until you get where you want to be.

And looks don't matter as long as the coil works. All those peeps with such pretty coils might make it frustrating for you if yours look wonky, but some of my best coils were fugly.

chapeltown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
United States
I too have been considering rebuilding! I have the stuff for it......pretty much.... and have watched some YT vids on it, but have not quite yet gotten the bravery for it... I have Protanks, and I would like to rebuild those, and I recently got an igo-w, which definitely needs rebuilding, because the build it came with seems really...messy.

Also, I would like to move away from the silica (that comes standard on most of my heads) and into cotton. I bought some butcher's twine, (on the recommendation of someone in this great wide forum) but forget whether it needs to be boiled first or not.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
Good information...and even better, it'll be easy to find when i need it.

I bet the videos will be really helpful for Sweetab too :)

You also can just buy the coils premade. You just cut them when you need one, check it on whatever you check your ohms on after it is installed, and you are in business. After you use one of those, you will know exactly what you need to do. I got some for when I had surgery back in February in case the pain killers dampened my senses too much to be able to use my fine motor skills. Now DH uses them in case I am not around to coddle him :lol:

Here is one place, but if you search for "pre made coils" you should find other places as well:

20" Roll - Coil & Wick for A7 RA

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
premade may be the way to go for those of us who don't have much time. There are a couple of local people who could teach me directly, and one of them works at a local B&M and is contemplating starting weekly workshops for rebuilding. I love how helpful this community is :)

Rubbish. It takes me literally less than 5 minutes to recoil. Not much more time as it does to cut one of those and install it and check the ohms. Once you get it down, it becomes a non-event I promise you! It's like tying your shoe. Get the wire, wind it around, snip it, install it, check it, vape it. :vapor:

Don't be intimidated! All those boys with their videos and toys make things so complicated when it is really easy peasy.

And mine last me weeks!

Rhody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2010
Rhode Island
Now if you really want to save money, you can do an easy DIY by buying the Nic base (I vape at 18mg which cost $7.33 a month)
and I just add the super concentrate flavors from Vaping Zone. It works really well for me.

So if you do a rebuildable atty, you just need Kanthal, which is cheap on Ebay, your DIY supply, and cotton balls from a drugstore.
I might end up spending $15-$18 a month.....it saves money over buying cartos or clearomizers and pre made eliquid. It use to cost me
over $50 a month just for pre made eliquid.

So you can see how you really can save money..just don't let any of it intimidate you

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Rubbish. It takes me literally less than 5 minutes to recoil. Not much more time as it does to cut one of those and install it and check the ohms. Once you get it down, it becomes a non-event I promise you! It's like tying your shoe. Get the wire, wind it around, snip it, install it, check it, vape it. :vapor:

Don't be intimidated! All those boys with their videos and toys make things so complicated when it is really easy peasy.

And mine last me weeks!

I'll second that! For me re-coiling is about like making a cup of coffee, something I do without thinking about it. If my coil is all gunked up I'd rather just throw a new one on the SS wick, kanthal is dirt cheap, and it's easy. Burning off the coil with the wick in it takes longer and leaves an ash taste I don't like.

I burn off the wick too so I can nudge out the hot spots without vapor coming out, it's faster that way. In no time I have a .8 ohm coil glowing uniformly and I'm good to go. I can see no reason to use a pre-made coil, I'd never use what someone else made in my build.

Last edited:

ncpatches

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Wake Forest NC USA
Hello ladies!

I'm pretty new to vaping, 4 weeks and 8 days off analogs. :thumbs:

I decided right away to start DIY my juices and my second step will be rebuilding my heads. Just getting into the juice, so want to wait until I have that right before I add another project. But I don't expect it to be very long.

I don't have the hardware that you experienced vapers have, just a handful of egos, with glassomizer tanks and clearos, but all that can be rebuilt. I didn't want to buy disposable, I wanted something that would last and could be worked on myself. I've always been mechanically inclined and don't expect it to be a problem. Probably easier than juice. :)

I'm so glad to see that there are ladies here that aren't intimidated by the idea of rebuilding their coils. Love it!

Will be picking your brains before long.;)

Deb - NCPatches

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
I've been rebuilding for quite awhile now. It all started with wanting to be self sufficient during the end times. I watched tons of videos, read all I could, then dove in. My first was the zenesis standard that arrived totally setup, ready to vape. That made it so easy to fully understand what I had seen & read. Next, I dove head first into the entire MMVapors DID series, beginning with the largest at the time D-20 which is quite roomy for setting up. Since then I've aquired RDA's too, and a Richman atty. The easiest to set up of all so far, was the Richman, when it comes to knuckles and eyes, but the DID 20 is only a smidgen less easy but provides better vapor & flavor. MMVapors I
Has just released a D-22 which looks like the easiest of them all, plus easiest to refill.
So many Genny's, so little time...
Good luck in your venture!

dizzylizzy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2013
California, USA
Once again, girls rock :D

I've been rebuilding on a little Phoenix clone for awhile, just last week i got my first gennie, a Kraken clone. I watched some videos and read here allot, my first build ... Dual coils with 3mm silica and 32ga kanthal came out great! I have to close off one of the airholes because I'm actually getting more vapor than i can handle.
Ah, and my rsst came today! I've not had a chance to build on it yet... Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread