• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ladies who rebuild....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Thanks Chapel - you're spot-on: 32g kanthal. I got a little piece of 28g, and couldn't get anything above 1.4ohms, but the coils sure were pretty :D

I'm pleased with my efforts so far - just have to make sure the coil is "tight" enough so the stem doesn't touch it. Most of my juices are pretty low nic (<6mg) I do like how the cotton seems to vape more smoothly (and I think I'm even getting more flavor out of this too.)

I'm going to keep eyes open over the summer - I'm contemplating something "shiny" for my birthday this fall, but nothing's jumping at me at this point. Loving my MVP and VV3, but I'm using them pretty hard. I have a 2nd set of each at my office so I don't have to use my "home" set ALL the time.

Thanks for sharing pix - gives me an idea of what these toppers look like "up close and personal".

Love your signature, too :)

chapeltown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
United States
Thank you Dinger! I have more pics for you this morning. Illustrating the build on a igo - w type rda:
J
ypezumes.jpg

2e4e9edy.jpg

yruguzys.jpg

ehyrajuj.jpg

e4ebebab.jpg

Easy peasy!
That's 32 guage, six wrap dual coil with surgical cotton from cvs.

from my galaxy s4

TinySpark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2014
Pacific Northwest
Kinda old thread but I thought I'd revive it a bit... Since this thread has super interesting posts!

I got into rebuilding because I wanted a cheaper way to use my evod glass (instead paying 2 bucks for a teeny tiny metal post with a coil and bit of fluff for wick). I found a video on google on how to reuse my old kanger atomizer heads ... the video is below if anyone's interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEnkvrWY5ps

When I considered how much work it was and how much stuff I had to buy to rebuild the little atomizer heads, I decided it was time to upgrade from an ego-c twist battery with an evod glass clearomizer. Did my homework first, since most mechanical mods are expensive simply because of the "brand" name and the laser engravings or patinas, I decided to go with a non-clone magnetic switch mod.

As for rba's... I tried an ehpro kayfun clone AND using it sucked, it leaked if you didn't fill just right, so then I tried a helios clone. I am done with clones, broke the posts off of it while trying to remove it from my mech mod. heh. Now I use a tobh atty and love it. I have an odin rda too, cause I couldn't help myself. heh.

As for making coils, I find that it is extremely easy. Most likely because I am a knitter and can hold the tension on lace yarn with ease, wrapping wire that doesn't move is a breeze in comparison.

HOWEVER, the SAFETY precautions in battery usage, etc. are EXTREMELY important. Luckily I saw the following link on the bottom of someone's signature on ecf and I didn't have to break out my old college physics knowledge to build my first coil. heh.

Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

well that's my story, can't wait to read more about lady builders! :D

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Wow, this is a time warp :D I forgot I'd posted here back in MAY! I had *just* started rebuilding (and hadn't gotten my hands on my 30g at that time.) I can wrap me some pretty coils these days - just gotta figure out the wicking on my kayfun clones. I have one that's a MONSTER, one that's currently doing o.k. and my other two I just can't seem to avoid burnt hits. I think that's because I'm *STILL* using too much wicking material. Can't get my fat fingers to pull off less :facepalm:

With that little rant, I guess I'll go wick another one and see if it works any better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread