Lakeshore Vapors goes old school- CONTEST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
The prize will be announced once a winner is chosen. The contest will close at random once all the key details are met...good luck :)

I'm not sure if you are allowed to do that... most Contests here have a definite ending date, and the Prize is announced in the beginning!! Maybe you should check with one of the mods...

The prize will be announced once a winner is chosen. The contest will close at random once all the key details are met...good luck :) This will be something anyone can use. Chit chat is always welcome

You didn't answer their question about how many entries per person...

Thanks!!

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
I am thinking it may have more to do with the key details....and not so much the amount of entries........

..and besides, how many times can you tell your story?? :rolleyes: LOL!!

Although the OP contradicted their self when they said: "you must give a brief summary..." and then: "*HINT* The more information, the better!!"

Although purr-sonally, I don't think it's worth the bother for such a vague, open-ended Contest... at least not for me anyway!!!

I'm not sure if you are allowed to do that... most Contests here have a definite ending date, and the Prize is announced in the beginning!! Maybe you should check with one of the mods...

Thanks!!
so sorry!! yes, you may enter more than once :)

sanguinesolitude

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2015
I started vaping february of 2013. I had been a smoker for a few years and had tried to switch to hookah as a less portable and in theory less accessible (ie i would have to wait until i got home to smoke) device, but then i ended up smoking at work and then smoking hookah for hours each night, often two to 3 bowls of tobacco. Really didn't solve anything in retrospect lol. I was out of shape and my lungs hurt all the time. I had a long running cold for about 4 months straight and just hit a point where i wanted to get my life together and save my health while i still had it. The thing is, i really enjoyed hookah and the act of smoking, though not really straight cigarette flavors. That was more about the nicotine fix and a reason to get quick breaks throughout the day. I had heard some buzz about e-cigs and thought that might be a nice grounds for quitting smoking tobacco without giving up the act of smoking, which i enjoy.
I purchased an ego winder at a local tobacco shop along with a kanger protank and some e-liquid. I really enjoyed vaping but was always chasing and never finding those big lung filling hits i had gotten with a hookah. After about a month, i purchased an mvp2 from innokin and upgraded to the kanger protank 2. This was better, but i still wasn't quite getting what i wanted. Over the last year or so i've gotten a few more tanks, and gotten into rda's and mechmods as well as gotten good at building coils.
my current most used setups are a kanger subox with subtank v2, an innokin mvp 3.0 with a billow v2 RTA, and a king mechmod with either a velocity rda or a vertex rda. I use the mvp on the go, and the other two mostly when sitting at home. I like all of them.

Reactions: summerkari
I'm not sure if you are allowed to do that... most Contests here have a definite ending date, and the Prize is announced in the beginning!! Maybe you should check with one of the Mods...

Thanks!!
more than one entry is allowed.

Lakeshore Vapors is holding its first contest on ECF!!!

In order to enter the contest, you must give a brief summary of when you started vaping, what you vaped, what products you used and what you use and vape now.

Lakeshore Vapors is very proud to have been one of the very first electric cigarette stores in the USA! We would love to hear how vaping has grown from now to then.

Winner will not be chosen by how long they have been vaping. There will be hidden factors!!!

*HINT* The more information, the better!!

Happy Vaping and let the games begin!!!

Lakeshore Vapors The Muskegon Ecig Superstore
This contest will end at 12pm on Wednesday August 4th

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
Figured I would put in my whole story, sorry it is long.

February of 2012, I was tired of being sick all the time due to my breathing. Having COPD, Asthma and Acid Reflux plus being a smoker was quite literally killing me. I had been interested in vaping (didn’t know at the time what it was called), so I picked up a disposable e-cig at the smoke shop one day. It offered me some hope, so about 2 weeks later I picked up a cig-a-like at the local gas station. Actually bought 2 that day, one for me and one for my sister, who has the same problems I do.

What a big surprise, it didn’t work for me or my sister for that matter. I continued to smoke, the failure only making me feel worse about myself, thus causing me to smoke even more. By March, I was sick yet again, and talking to my boyfriend at the time, telling him how I had to make this work. I guess I needed to just buck up and force myself to use that crappy little e-cig. That is when he told me he was a vaper, and ordered me my first ego-t set up from volcano e-cigs and linked me to ECF.

It arrived just after my 41st birthday. It worked a lot better than the cig-a-like did, but it still didn’t seem like enough and I hated those little tanks. Boyfriend couldn’t understand why they leaked and such for me, he had never had a problem with them (for those of you who missed the whole ego-t and those stupid little plastic tanks, be thankful).

Even with the problems I cut back to less than a pack a day, which from a 3 pack a day habit was doing good. From there I got a BB from Alt-Smoke and a vivi nova tank, at the time it was one of the newest styled tanks around.

With it I cut back even more, now only smoking when spending time with my sister, who by this time was on an oxygen tank but still smoked. Because of her O2, smoking was only allowed in 2 rooms of the house, her bedroom and mine, so morning coffee moved to her room and the 3 of us, (her, her husband and myself), would sit in there smoke, drink coffee, and bull .... with each other.

Everything was going much better for the most part, my breathing had improved greatly and I was learning tons. I started rebuilding the heads of the vivi nova to help save money, and found I enjoyed tinkering with them. My sister once again wanted to give it a try, so I set her up with one of the ego batteries from my first kit and a couple of cartomizers. Too bad she never used it.

About that time is when I also wound up with my first iHybird. It opened a whole new world to me, and for the first time I was able to completely stop smoking. Due to some other problems I had before that, I was relying on my sister for money and she was not supportive. She had no issue forking over $30+ a week for me to go buy smokes, but would not help if I needed $15 to buy juice, so soon I was back to smoking at least part-time with her, but did manage to stay away from going back to smoking full-time.

The day I moved out of that house I quit smoking completely, and for the next 9 months did not smoke. Yes, I still had cravings if I was around someone else smoking but for the most part didn’t have an issue.

Now you may think that would be the end of it, over half a year without smoking. I enjoyed vaping, had even cut my nicotine down to 12 mg. I DIY’ed my juice and I rebuilt my genesis atomizers and it was all going well, but I never fully lost the craving for a cig.

At that point was when my friends in FL were looking at losing their house, between that and me not having the medical I desperately needed, I opted to move back to Seattle WA. I knew in making the move I would be homeless, but sometimes we do what we need to do.

I soon found myself staying at tent city 3. For a shelter it is a great place, but for someone trying not to smoke, it could be a nightmare. Imagine 100 adults living in tents in a church parking lot, moving the whole camp every 90 days. Now figure in about 95% of the camp smokes, and smoking is allowed everywhere but inside the small sleeping tents. Even with that for the first month I did pretty good at not smoking, then I got involved with the camp leadership and the stress that entails.

Now all that alone had me ready to pick up a pack, and I had actually at that point smoked a couple, tho I told myself 1 a day wasn’t going to kill me. Then, the one thing I had dreaded and hoped for over the last 18 years happened. My daughter got in contact with me. Any of you who were Facebook friends with me at the time found out she was trying to reach me before I did, as being at camp I didn’t have internet access and didn’t always have time to go to the library, and she had messaged every single one of my Facebook friends telling them who she was and asked them to give me her number. I won’t go into the details of the past, but will say I never truly expected to hear from her again, so it was a major shock and the thing that pushed me over the edge and back into smoking full-time.

About a month and a half later that choice put me in the hospital. Due to the cold temps last winter I had gotten sick. After the ER gave me 3 breathing treatments my O2 levels were still dropping every time I dozed off, so they kept me. Now, you would think that would be enough to kick my .... back into what I already knew to be better for me, but it hadn’t. Between stress, problems getting what I needed, not wanting to have to ask BSP for more help (he had offered many times over and had sent me a stuff when I needed it), and still being around other smokers, I smoked.

Though all this I never gave up on vaping, and truth be told my smoking was stupid. I know vaping gives me what I need, I prefer the taste, and I don’t get as sick. So I can not tell you were my brain was during this time.

July 2014, I left tent city 3 and went to tent city 4. I found it easier to vape there as smoking was not allowed all over, but still found myself having a smoke when I was hanging with friends. My husband Ben was supportive in me getting back to vaping, even putting up with me visiting vape shops. He mentioned to me at one point he would like to get into vaping, so my next trip into a shop I got him an ego set up. Which he uses more than he smokes at this point.

At this point I am back to full-time vaping, and I have learned a few very important things about myself in all this, including just how important vaping support and friends are.

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
8/1
I started less than two months ago, with a 618 e-pipe (suction activated). It was not an easy nor particularly pleasant experience and I suspect you have to be a diehard pipe user to enjoy that thing at all. My wife actually got a jump on me by a couple weeks with a little Kanger EVOD and seemed to really like it. She was using small (10-15ml) bottles of fruity e-liquid, while I was using tobacco flavors. Her experience gave me the idea that not all was lost, so I started hanging out here on ECF and asking lots of questions. I then bought an iStick30 and Aspire tank (I have since switched to Kanger Protank-II; it holds more) and an assortment of e-liquids. I have been happily vaping ever since. I think the choice of equipment and the flavor of the liquid are essential to deciding whether to do this or stay on the stinkies.

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
I first tried vaping about 8 years ago after reading an article about it. Looked around the internet at ecigs - found a cigalike kit with rechargeable batteries and disposable carts - later bought a couple extra batteries from the same place - don't remember the company as it was too long ago. That kit lasted maybe 2 years as the batteries stopped taking/holding a charge. It never did the trick for me to quit smoking but was helpful when I was someplace where I couldn't light up.
About 6 years ago, I was traveling and seen a place called 'A Clean Cigarette'. I went in to check it out. They had cigalike kits that seemed to be a bit better than my previous one. Bought a kit, extra carts and batteries. This setup held up better than the first one but still didn't do it for me.
Early last year I started looking into kits with refillable tanks vice disposable/prefilled carts. Bought a kit from V2. This setup was better than what I had used before but still not really doing it. Also the product was pricey and couldn't count on them to have replacement products when I needed them.
A couple guys around work had some gear and I checked it out along with more internet research. Some of what I seen was expensive and seemed complicated. Eventually went with a couple VV twist batteries and a PT2. Those were nice and started cutting down on the smokes right away.
Since then I've tried quite a few different pieces of gear. Have a variety of tanks from different places but I prefer the Kangers - PT2, PT3 and SubTank series. I have a couple RBAs - they are ok but don't get much use. I have some RDAs - some that I don't care for as they are hard for me to build on or don't really produce for me - others are great and see a lot of use. I'm not very fast at doing dripper builds so it is time consuming for me even though I have become a bit better at it with practice. The drippers are used mainly for at the desk - easier to have tanks when on the move.
For devices I prefer regulated box mods. I have MVP 2.0; VTR, istick 20, 30 and 50; various IPVs; Sigelei and a couple others. I do have a couple mechs but haven't used them in awhile. I also have a few regulated tube mods - those get used regularly. I recently got a couple temp control devices but haven't done much with that function yet other than use some pre-built nickel coils. I like the convenience of internal batteries but worry about when they might lose the ability to hold a charge. The removable batteries are easily replaced and I always keep some charged extras on hand.
I started with 24mg juices. Still on that level for most of the time but do use 18mg some. I have moved away from tobacco flavors and don't care for the taste of most of them now. I do like beverage, fruit, dessert and bakery flavors. I prefer a high pg ratio - 60pg/40vg is my usual ratio.
I started cutting back on the smokes in Mar/Apr last year and in a few more weeks will hit the one year mark since the last time I lit up. I will probably eventually work on lowering my nic level but will take time and if it happens then it happens - not pushing hard for it at this time.

Thanks for the chance!

I'm not much on taking pictures but have taken a few so figured I might as well put a couple in here.

P1010072_zpsf909b7cc.jpg

DSCN0174_zps03n7n029.jpg

bDSCN0161_zpsf611ff58.jpg

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
More than one entry, hmmmm?

Tonight I went to my first Cloud Competition. What a crowd! Of course, you can't see most of 'em through the haze, but there were likely 30 - 40 people crammed into this shop not much larger than my own great room at home. They did not want the clouds to disipate, so there was nearly no ventilation... in central Arkansas... in August... with 40 people in the same room. HOT is not the word!

I was about 10 minutes late, and I came with my 26650 so I was not allowed into the first round which was single 18650 only. Instead, I had to be in the "outlaw" class. Needless to say, I had no chance. I stepped up and tried, though.

I did come home with a new tank. I got a UD Zephyrus. I put in the blue o-rings and it's setting pretty no my blue iStick 50. The black eLeaf Lemo that was in the iStick is perched up on the new black EHPRO SPD A5. Purty!
8245906cc021fa79740f83c88a635add.jpg

Hello and sorry for any confusion. This contest was posted before it was approved. So good news for you, this is our freebie giveaway. Not asking for anything but your true story. We will randomly pick the winner. You will win a Eleaf istick 40watt temp control kit, 100 watt C Fiber Battery with charger and a kanger sub tank mini. Nice little giveaway for hearing how you started your vaping venture.

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
This is just about hearing where everyone came from and where they are now
Ah, so then we could elaborate and tell more than we already did, like this: ???
(It's already been published elsewhere, but maybe you didn't get to see it there.)

A long time ago in a land far far away…

I grew up in a smoking family, so I guess I have been smoking since before birth (if you believe the cancer associations). Every adult, relative or not, seemed to smoke (Lucky Strike, Camel, Marlboro, Pall Mall) and every star on TV smoked. The TV ads even claimed that four out of five doctors smoke Camels. It seemed to me, that if you wanted to be (or appear to be) an adult, you best learn to smoke. Mom kept her cigarettes (Mulebugger Reds) in the refrigerator door (she said tobacco was a vegetable
0Jq81Hh6BA1w6L7Bb2IIbvBkOQQWHTezhzZ4lH5b12kV3fyqqSKGzmuIdur_39we5H5rzZ0wmYdwQJjrt9EYq9M3IyjTY0tbHy1qTmO4mj3aQ20J6jyse-POSb2cMoEiRa3f7dsW24A49nY=s0-d-e1-ft
), so it was easy to kype a pack about once a month and she wouldn’t miss it. I was 12 when I started doing that. But I don’t count those years as being “a smoker” because, well, a pack a month isn’t really smoking, and I only did it when I could hide somewhere and not get caught. I puffed in private for several years, but in public I appeared to be a non-smoker and rarely even admitted to smoking to my friends (except those who also smoked).

Upon high school graduation, Uncle Sugar’s Army got it’s hands on me (Vietnam draft). So I quickly went across the hallway and enlisted in the USAF instead, where I was sure I could continue my education rather than just having an M-16 shoved in my hands and be told to go shoot people. During basic training, when the marching stopped and we all stood at parade rest, the drill instructor said, “Smoke ‘em if ya got ‘em.” Smokers could then relax and move slightly, while non smokers had to stay at parade rest. So I bought a pack of Camels and didn’t stop. That was 1967.

We currently live out on the remote prairie of South Dakota and the nearest real shopping is over 100 miles from home (the “big city”). It takes $50 worth of gas and all day to do the whole month’s shopping, so I only do that one day every month. Because we stock up on everything to make it a whole month without a trip to the store, I was buying six cartons of butts for Wifey and five or six for me. I never smoked more than two packs a day; my average was one carton per week — sometimes less, sometimes a wee bit more.

A couple shopping trips ago, after we had briefly talked about e-cigs, I bought the usual six cartons each at the .... store and also came home with one of those little cig-alikes. It was a “one use and throw it away” type – no flavor available other than tobacco. It said it was equivalent to 40 cigarettes, but my guess is it didn’t last longer than about 8-10. But we both tried it. Wifey wanted to search out more information while I remained quite skeptical. She found the ecig forum and, after talking with several of the fine folks here, ordered an EVOD online. I was still doubtful. Besides cigarettes, I also occasionally smoked cigars and a pipe, so I figured to enter this “vaping game” on the e-pipe end of things and ordered a 618 e-pipe online, which took over two weeks to get here from China. It did not have an “on” button like Wifey’s new toy, but was suction activated, and, as I told someone else recently, the suck required to turn that thing on could have ignited a ram jet. Needless to say, I was not having a pleasant vaping experience. I sucked it in front of the boob tube after evening chores, but the rest of the day, kept smoking cigarettes. Wifey was already a total convert. I needed more information (I’m a data junkie) and more incentive.

I also joined the ecig forum and asked a bunch of questions and found some new friends. Between them and Wifey, I got convinced to buy the cheap iStick and when it got here, I quickly learned to enjoy the vaping experience. I didn’t like the tobacco e-juice I had for the pipe (and Wifey claimed it smelled like burned maple-flavored bacon), so I mixed some other flavors with it and added a bit of straight VG and came up with something that would keep me happy.

I would like very much to be able to lie to you and tell you that I haven’t touched a cigarette since, but the fact is, I tootle puff in exactly the same manner that I smoke and I am a major Scrooge about wasting money. I still have a ciggy .... or two every night, and will until the last of my butts are burned up. I refuse to throw away what I paid good money for. Wifey, on the other hand, quit cold turkey and still has five cartons on the shelf. I will not smoke hers, nor would I ever suggest that she finish them. She’s extremely happy to be a tootle puffer, and in that sense, I’d rather have her here than back on the butts. And when I finish sucking my stinkies, I won’t buy any more because I already know I don’t need them. At 2-3 butts a night (while the iStick recharges), it will only take a year to finish what I used to smoke in a couple weeks… for almost 50 years!

Last edited:

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
You can't. You could add more of your story if you would like. This is just about hearing where everyone came from and where they are now. This contest was started before it was approved. Sorry the facts were not clear. Good stuff to win for sharing though:)

I was so thrilled with the experience I was having with vaping, that I decided to share that experience with everyone I could. As I wrote before, I've set up my mother, sister, daughters and sons with vaping kits. My wife never smoked, and always hated the smell and the ash and trash, so she's benefiting from this change, too.

But that wasn't enough! I also started a blog where I write reviews - gasp, a written review and not just blathering on about a vape product on YouTube. I created the blog with the hopes that if a new vaper stumbled across my site, they could learn a little bit and not face the onslaught of opinion that I faced.

The problem, as I saw it and as I experienced it, was that anyone just starting out and asking a question anywhere online is faced with wither two options. They either find paid review sites where the information given is shoddy and misleading, or they find forums filled with experienced vapers who have forgotten their humbler beginnings.

For instance, when I started the second time it was with an eGo kit. After a while I knew I wanted more, but all I could find locally were tiny little tanks that burnt out quickly and leaked everywhere. At this point, I didn't even know that those were called CE4 Clearomizers. I joined the ECF and asked for advice and was besieged with comments suggesting the Aspire Atlantis or an RDA and huge expensive box mods or tube mods. I finally broke away from that thread and did a little research on my own before purchasing an iStick 20, a Kamry K1000 e-pipe mechanical mod, and a couple Anyvape Davide Clearomizers. When I posted my decision back on the list, I received no small amount of derision for choosing such wimpy equipment. Wimpy, it was, but it was also right for me at the time.

When trying to set my Stepdot up with a kit, she stated that she wanted something automatic and small. She prefers to clamp it in her teeth and continue working with both hands. I tried Google, typing "best automatic e-cigarette" and the first ten pages were filled with mock reviews for a product that we eventually tried. It was terrible! The final straw was the way the sealed automatic battery would fire when inverted. When we called tech support, they said "don't invert the battery." Of course, this eliminated a great number of storage options and vaping postures and was a preposterous answer. Those devices went into the trash and I asked again in the forums. Again, I was hammered with suggestions for far more powerful options that did not have the features we were looking for. Eventually, though, ECF user @Uncle came to the rescue with a viable suggestion.

My Stepdot and I both came close to tossing the whole lot in the trash and buying a pack of smokes, the process was so frustrating!

YouTube was no different. Every current reviewer was talking about the latest and greatest subtank or dripper or box mod when what we wanted was something small, simple, durable, and compatible. After a great deal of digging I found SteelJan and really enjoyed her reviews. I miss her... YouTube was also frustrating as we live in a rural area with flaky internet, so streaming gods of video is not always the easiest thing to do. Written reviews, however, were in short supply.

Today, I've graduated from the little kits that got me started and as a reviewer, I am trying to try one of everything so that, eventually, I can write reviews on one of everything. I'm not the only one that's graduated here. My Stepdot continues to use her automatic devices, but has stepped up to variable voltage automatics with bottom coil clearomizers and has even started using an eGo ONE XL I picked up for her from the ECF classifieds. My Stepson has nearly dropped the habit altogether... 0 nic and he's only charged his iTaste VV V3 once in the past three weeks.

According to the little app on my phone and the banner in my sig, I've been vaping for 251 days and have avoided a lot of analogs. I would have saved some money if I hadn't purchased everything that I have...

I'd call that a success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread