Lakeshore Vapors goes old school- CONTEST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellastarr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
USA
Here's my story, not as long as the others, but this is how I started vaping and quit a 30 year habit that was slowing starting to affect my health. I've been cig. free since the very first puff I took off the cheap little ego starter kit I bought..

June 28th 2014

I was at our local flea market and came upon booth selling ego starter kits and I was intrigued.. It doesn’t take much folks, I love to shop and I love to try new things.. The guy went on about how awesome these ego batteries were (a lie), and how it was to quit smoking. What got me was the flavors, because even though I loved smoking, I hated the taste. I didn’t really ask too many questions, I’m an impulse shopper and figured what the heck, I’ll try it. I grabbed an overpriced starter kit and a couple of e-liquid flavors and left not really expecting much and no thoughts what so ever to quit smoking.

I went home and filled the ce4 clearomizer and started vaping. I didn’t pick up another cigarette that day, or ever again. After a few days of not smoking I got online, ordered more (10) ego batteries b/c I could kill one in a couple of hours- hello, chain vaper- and found some cheap juice. I still wasn’t really satisfied with what I was vaping with and got online and started researching. I found ECF at the top of every search query and signed up for an acct. and found my vaping home.

Fast forward to today... I have quite a collection of tanks and devices that grows if not weekly then monthly. My vaping style has changed and is still evolving, I remember swearing that I'd never sub ohm or drip.. I do both, though I prefer sub ohm tanks and pre-made coils. I'm discovering I like lower ohms and higher watts, something I never thought I'd get into.

Today, vaping is more of a hobby than a need.

GreenLeaf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
Texas, USA
Two years ago I decided it's time to quit the analogs, the sooner the better. Like many, I remembered seeing the commercial for the Blu ecig and it looked great. I did a bunch of research into ecigs and did not end up getting a Blu, but a different cigalike with cartos instead. I'm happy I did... the day I received it is the day I quit the stinkies.

Reactions: summerkari

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
When I started vaping, I had tried a cig-a-like a year before and chunked it. B&M stores were just starting up and after a friend let me try his Kanger T3S, I bought an Evod 650mAh kit for $32 at a new store. I went back a week later after researching juice and asked if they had an RY4 and they told me they never heard of it and everybody calls there flavors by a different name. I went back to the store last week and had a conversation about building coils with the same owner, who is very knowledgeable now. In my days of vaping, it has went from a small satisfying puff off a little Kanger tank to dual coil Kangers trying to get more flavor and hit. There to VV/VW batteries and 510 bridgeless attys and cartos still flavor chasin. Then mechs and RTAs. Back to VV/VW with 30 and 50 watts coupled with subohm tanks. Then temp control with ni and ti. After that to squonkin which seems old school but delivers the best flavor. Then back to the latest sub ohm tanks and mods with mostly kanthal and some ni200TC. I've settled for a nice flavorful full hit from something like the GS Air M with whatever mod I put it on from an 1Stick 30w to an SX Mini. I think after all these months of flavor and cloud chasing, most will settle down to a more reasonable medium vape with smaller inexpensive but powerful devices and the market will turn it's focus there. Also, I think TC in some form is here to stay with simpler, more accurate automatic mods.:2c:

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Tonight's addition to my story is about a recent revelation...

I spent the day "switch hitting" between a JoyeTech eGrip OLED which has a tight draw, 1.5 ohm coil, low wattage, a DNA 40 with a Kanger Subtank Mini running a .14 Ni200 coil, an iStick 50 with a UD Zephyrus built with a .6 dual, and an eGo ONE XL with a .5 CLR head.

The DNA 40 and the eGo ONE have the same e-liquid. The eGrip and the Zephyrus have the same e-liquid.

It's amazing the range of flavors each style of vaping produces!

This is something I knew, but had never fully recognized until tonight vaping the same flavors in different devices side by side.

I predict that we'll soon have new e-liquid lines tailored to "Temp Chasers" to go along with our tootle-puffer and our cloud chasers and our flavor chasers.

You heard it here first folks!

P.S. I am none of the above... I'm a switch hitter and I like to experiment and collect. Vaping is not a past time, a way out of smoking (although it started that way), or a simple hobby. It's a lifestyle and a passion!

Reactions: redrebel821

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
I tried EVERYTHING to kick a 36 year smoking addiction, and I failed, every time. Last summer, my son came on break from college with a spinner and said I should try it to at least cut back on smoking. Whatever flavor he was vaping tasted like what my garbage bin smelled like. Nope, no vaping for me! Then, in January, he came for a visit again and gave me my Christmas gift. My own little bright green (they were out of stock in purple, go figure) Kanger 650 starter set. I looked at those 2 tiny batteries as something foreign....lol...but this time, we filled the tank with Njoy Butter Crunch. Oh, my, I can still taste that buttery sweetness!!! We went to the vape store the next day, I sampled, I tested, I asked questions, I bought FLAVORS!!! Such yumminess I have never imagined. January 4, 2015 was my last analog. I got an X6 battery with a PT2 at my local B&M because the battery lasted longer. Then I got a mod PIFFed to me, and so it began, the quest for more shinies! I started collecting Protanks, because I could interchange them on anything I used and I didn't have to buy anything else. Then I got a ProVari mini, which I adore beyond words. ECF has been the support system I never had before, and I learn something new daily. I'm not a subohmer, I don't want to blow clouds, I just need an efficient nicotine delivery system...lol...and I need my rituals. Vaping has done that, and vaping has probably saved my life, and now that my son has seen I can quit smoking in ne day, he has given up analogs and gone 100% vaping, too. Today is 7 months cigarette free. I can't wait to see new products and advances in equipment come our way, but I will always be a "tootle puffer" because it's what works for me and keeps me smoke-free!!!

Thanks for the contests, I love reading all the stories like I've seen here. Congrats, everyone, for being a winner already!

Reactions: summerkari
Thank you all for entering our Give Away. Sorry this is posted a little late.. We appreciate the time you took to share your stories. Please keep us in mind when ordering your favorite vaping supplies. I have attached a picture and short Video of the winner who was picked at random. This was not a contest exactly as it was set up to gain information. Lakeshore Vapors like to give stuff away! Please stay tuned for upcoming contest and give aways. We also run different specials and contest on Facebook and through our website at LakeshoreVapors.com
a1 names in hat.jpg
Thanks again for sharing and Good Luck!
a1 new names.jpg
And the Winner is.......
Ok so I can not get the video to upload. Sorry
The Winner is Redrebel821! Congrats to you!!! Please send me a message with your shipping address and color of battery you would like. Also send flavors and mg you use so I can throw in some samples :)
Thank you All
Lakeshore Vapors

I tried EVERYTHING to kick a 36 year smoking addiction, and I failed, every time. Last summer, my son came on break from college with a spinner and said I should try it to at least cut back on smoking. Whatever flavor he was vaping tasted like what my garbage bin smelled like. Nope, no vaping for me! Then, in January, he came for a visit again and gave me my Christmas gift. My own little bright green (they were out of stock in purple, go figure) Kanger 650 starter set. I looked at those 2 tiny batteries as something foreign....lol...but this time, we filled the tank with Njoy Butter Crunch. Oh, my, I can still taste that buttery sweetness!!! We went to the vape store the next day, I sampled, I tested, I asked questions, I bought FLAVORS!!! Such yumminess I have never imagined. January 4, 2015 was my last analog. I got an X6 battery with a PT2 at my local B&M because the battery lasted longer. Then I got a mod PIFFed to me, and so it began, the quest for more shinies! I started collecting Protanks, because I could interchange them on anything I used and I didn't have to buy anything else. Then I got a ProVari mini, which I adore beyond words. ECF has been the support system I never had before, and I learn something new daily. I'm not a subohmer, I don't want to blow clouds, I just need an efficient nicotine delivery system...lol...and I need my rituals. Vaping has done that, and vaping has probably saved my life, and now that my son has seen I can quit smoking in ne day, he has given up analogs and gone 100% vaping, too. Today is 7 months cigarette free. I can't wait to see new products and advances in equipment come our way, but I will always be a "tootle puffer" because it's what works for me and keeps me smoke-free!!!

Thanks for the contests, I love reading all the stories like I've seen here. Congrats, everyone, for being a winner already!
Congrats redrebel821- Thanks for sharing your story with us. I hope you like your new stuff. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thanks again Kari

Congrats redrebel821- Thanks for sharing your story with us. I hope you like your new stuff. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thanks again Kari
Eleaf istick 40watt temp control kit, 100 watt C Fiber Battery with charger and a kanger sub tank mini.
We have black and silver for the 40watt Temp Control istick . For the cfiber, we have black, purple, blue, green, red. They would all look good on your Kanger Subtank Mini kit! :thumbs:

Eleaf istick 40watt temp control kit, 100 watt C Fiber Battery with charger and a kanger sub tank mini.
We have black and silver for the 40watt Temp Control istick . For the cfiber, we have black, purple, blue, green, red. They would all look good on your Kanger Subtank Mini kit! :thumbs:
176-1.jpg
iStick%20TC40W_01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread