Not open for further replies.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Is there any hope the Agriculture bill (with the Cole-Bishop amendment) will pass and be signed during the lame duck session? With a likely Clinton presidency and democratic senate next year, it seems the lame duck session is the last for a reprieve.

I'm a bit out of date with this. Isn't that bill part of the Budget? And both parties promised to pass a budget this year. Last time I was paying attention it seemed like the main obstacle it faced was either to be passed separately in the Senate, or to survive the Senate / House budget reconciliation process.

work_permit

Dec 14, 2011
New York
Congress is supposed to pass a budget, but they've failed to do so and the government is operating on a continuing resolution (passed back in september). While they say they will pass a budget during the lame duck session, there is no guarantee. If they DO pass it, I'm hopeful the ammendment would survive reconciliation with the house.

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Is there any hope the Agriculture bill (with the Cole-Bishop amendment) will pass and be signed during the lame duck session?

Yes/No. The Agricultural Appropriations bill will almost certainly be passed and signed during the lame duck session, but it remains unknown if the bill (which will be negotiated and reconciled by House and Senate Approps Cmte members) will contain the Cole-Bishop Amendment.

Reactions: DC2 and LaraC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread