Last place you were asked to stop vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
That means you're doing it respectfully, not chucking clouds at sick babies in pediatrician's offices. :lol:
I'm stocked up for 10 years worth of vaping at my current levels and with my current equipment.
And I will ALWAYS stealth vape where and when I see fit.

Nobody has, or will, ever notice me doing so.
And nobody will ever stop me.

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
I was in the local Chili's restaurant, had already ordered, and the manager came up and informed me of their national policy not to allow ecigs inside. Naturally, he waited until I ordered before telling me.

I put it up and made a decision not to come back except on occasion when my wife wants ribs from there (she quit cold turkey and doesn't vape). He got one more check paid by a vaping customer. Eventually, I think most restaurants will have a no vaping policy and it's probably inevitable that ecigs will be outlawed by more state, city, and county governments. Clean air is the wave of the future.

I want to see body odor not allowed in restaurants, also. That includes strong cologne, sweat, and bad breath!
I tend to avoid restaurants that do not allow vaping but I agree with you regarding strong cologne or perfume. some people wear so much that it makes my eyes water and my nose hurt just being in the same room with them.no one has ever asked me to stop vaping but several people have commented on how good it smells

II_Kosmos_II

Jul 19, 2015
Texas
They can forbid vapear during working hours ? Or it depends on the type of company or boss?
I vape at work though I'm one of the managers for our store and me and my co-worker only vape in our back office. Its really nice.... Not sure what her e-cig is but its an itty bitty thing...I use my sigelei and Kanger tank, I'm known for clouding up the office lol. I don't think its actually allowed per corporate and if our district manager walked in and saw us he'd probably write us up to be honest. I'd would have to say it depends on the place you work.

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
I'm not a stealth vaper. I don't need to vape THAT badly. I've never been asked to stop when in public. My Girlfriend will ask me to stop if I'm giving the house its own atmosphere, but regularly vaping since Feb 2015, I have never been asked to stop. I usually have my Atlantis v.2 and Sigeli 150w when I'm in the car, but if I'm going out shopping I double the Vitamin N and use my iStick 50w with a Nautilus/Mini and have a quick chain vape session before I go in... If at all. Don't be a ........, and people won't feel the need to call you out on it.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
You have not banned in bars?

I generally show self-restraint and don't vape when I'm inside an establishment or business. Sometimes I'll just go to the restroom and lock the door or go in a stall if I feel the need to satisfy an urge for nicotine. I met a vaper at a restaurant/bar about a year and a half ago and we vaped openly yet discreetly at a corner table and no one said anything to us. I've never been banned from an establishment or seen any signs that vaping is banned if that's what you're asking.

antoniojlm

Jun 12, 2015
I generally show self-restraint and don't vape when I'm inside an establishment or business. Sometimes I'll just go to the restroom and lock the door or go in a stall if I feel the need to satisfy an urge for nicotine. I met a vaper at a restaurant/bar about a year and a half ago and we vaped openly yet discreetly at a corner table and no one said anything to us. I've never been banned from an establishment or seen any signs that vaping is banned if that's what you're asking.

To me if they told me if I wanted vapear out, but there was no sign prohibiting it, that was one of the reasons why I could not go vapeando and eventually went back to smoking.:(

SailCat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2009
Beaverton, OR
www.SailCat.com
.... I vape outdoors (concerts, festivals and the like) without drawing comment. When I first did so, I was extremely self-conscious but gradually came ti realize that few others notice it, even with the 18650 tube mod I used to use.

How lame is this: quoting myself. I'm doing so as I am unable to edit the above older post.

My addition is this (and I hope to broach the subject without forum rule infraction or incurring the wrath of the censors [or worse] but have noticed a recent cultural phenomenon).

I live in Oregon (for those who may not have noticed) where regulations have recently changed regarding substances (other than e-liquids) are now legal to vape, smoke or otherwise partake. Where few took notice of my vaping a month or a year ago, I have drawn sidelong glances to outright disbelieving stares as a percentage of the public seems to think, with the weeks-old legalization, I am partaking of something other than nicotine. While I am not opposed to those doing so (nor anything else which is legal), as it is against Oregon law to publicly imbibe, It would seem the looks of disapproval are due to the appearance that I am violating that latter statute.

I am curious if others have had this (new-ish cultural) experience and that curiosity is the reason for this post. Having conducted myself at ECF for nearly six years without so much as a cursory tap on the shoulder from any moderator with regard to any post or conduct, I sincerely hope that we, as adults, can have this conversation without using any terms or making references which could be construed as a violation of rules regarding topic or terms.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
With the "brittle people", those who are offended by anything that they themselves don't do, and desperate for a confrontation, perception is everything ...

My Ovale Elips looks very much like a highlighter, about the same size and shape ...

When I stealth vape on the train and trolley, occasionally I'll get an angry suspicious glare for the hand-to-mouth action ...

Since I always have a book open, I pretend to run my "highlighter" over the page, then dangle it from my mouth while turning a page. Brittleness turns to sullen disappointment, and they usually go back to shouting into their phone to get attention ...

I do carry a Stabilo Boss highlighter anyway, good for a quick switch if a conductor were called, but this has never happened in two years of stealth vaping. Hell, I've see some of the conductors and transit cops vaping, and not discreetly, those are stressful jobs ...

The highlighter gambit, and exhaling into a coffee cup at restaurants, have averted any encounters with knuckleheads so far ...

Its almost too easy to fool stupid people ... :D

The rest of the population, those with good manners and a survival instinct, don't react violently to the harmless behavior of a stranger ...

MaenadMoogle

Jul 16, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
My workplace recently amended their smoking policy to include e-cigs. :( And I got pulled aside by my manager to tell me that somebody caught me stealthing in one of our lounge areas and complained. We've now been banned to the smoking hut outside. . . because I started vaping so that I could be surrounded by smoke. . . :mad::facepalm:

**we do have a few vapers at work, but nobody ever vaped at their desks. . . it was all occasional super stealth mode in a common "lobby" area or closed off "phone rooms" during a particularly brutal winter.**

Reactions: frjaldomr

antoniojlm

Jun 12, 2015
My workplace recently amended their smoking policy to include e-cigs. :( And I got pulled aside by my manager to tell me that somebody caught me stealthing in one of our lounge areas and complained. We've now been banned to the smoking hut outside. . . because I started vaping so that I could be surrounded by smoke. . . :mad::facepalm:

**we do have a few vapers at work, but nobody ever vaped at their desks. . . it was all occasional super stealth mode in a common "lobby" area or closed off "phone rooms" during a particularly brutal winter.**

But if the boss or no indication that it can not use or vapear ecigs, a priori if vapear could not? In my case there is nothing to indicate the ban and do not know if in the future when I have my ecigs could vapear while working.

f.virtue

Moved On
Jul 21, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Spam

tjeco

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Manila, Philippines
I am annoyed with the looks I get when I'm vaping around smokers. Even if I try to stealth vape, at the smallest possible airhole and in the lowest possible watts.
i get the feeling that people seem to think that the "Contraption" I am holding is some kind of "Illegal Drug Delivery Device" I always get the judgemental looks.

antoniojlm

Jun 12, 2015
I am annoyed with the looks I get when I'm vaping around smokers. Even if I try to stealth vape, at the smallest possible airhole and in the lowest possible watts.
i get the feeling that people seem to think that the "Contraption" I am holding is some kind of "Illegal Drug Delivery Device" I always get the judgemental looks.

You're right, it seems that those who are rarros vapean or something, at least as people look .....

MaenadMoogle

Jul 16, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA

I thought that too when I first started vaping around co-workers, what I've actually found, talking to a few of them, is that it's curiosity. They're staring because they don't know anything about vaping, they're curious if it really works to quit smoking, what all the parts are, why my juices are different colors, all kinds of things. After making an effort to talk to people, I've actually found that they're intrigued by it, curious about it, and want to try my vape. :D

But, I guess it also depends on where you live and the atmosphere. If I took it to a club, it might be a whole different story. Or if I lived somewhere that pot was legal. . . I could see the confusion for people.

johnkong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2011
bastrop, TX
This might not be good for the vaping community, but they've asked me not to vape in my walmart, which in turn i play the whole ' i dont see anywhere where it says no vaping' and go round and round. Telling me that I know that walmart considers it a smoking device. The only reason i am, so to speak, rude about vaping there is in fact, I use to work there, and they could be 2 or other vapers in the store and nothing is said to them. That's the only place I am asked not to vape. I wonder what they think about me now going to SubOhm... hehehe :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread