Last place you were asked to stop vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
A few years back I went to a nightclub with my girl. I brought a mod and two cig-alike batteries. We were enjoying a vape, dancing around the foam machine, (it was a soap pit party) and a guard came up to my girl and told her to get out of the club. So I ran over and explained to the guard that they were e-cigarettes and that it was vapor, not tobacco smoke. He apologized and we went back to having fun. An hour or so later a 2nd guard came up to me and told me to leave the club. I told him that I had talked to his buddy already and that I had explained we were vaping, not burning tobacco leaves. He repeatedly told me that I was being kicked out and that I had to leave. He grabbed my PV out of my hand and walked away... As if I wasn't going to retrieve it? LOL. So I run up behind him and tell him to give me back my property and that I'd be leaving. So I got it back and we went upstairs to the bar. In the bar, we had a few beers at this table keg party, where people were doing blatantly illegal things on the tables surrounding us. I couldn't believe that they would kick me out for vaping but not break up what I was watching.

So we finished our beers and went outside with the smokers. The whole outside of the club was surrounded by homeless people. The guards didn't care. We ended up staying a few hours longer & we had a blast talking to the eccentrics. I go home to post a review of the club on all the review sites, and I asked a question on Yelp at the end of my review. I asked "Is there any way I could get in touch with the owner? Does anyone know what he looks like? Thank you. Well, I got an e-mail and it turned out, the owner was the woman tending the bar the night we were there. & I had asked her when we first arrived if they allowed vaping, and she said they did. -____- So in closing, I got kicked out of a vape-friendly nightclub for having a PV that didn't look like a cigarette.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
For all the people that are fine with not vaping in places where smoking is not allowed...

Would that still be true if you were not allowed to vape at the beach?
Would that still be true if you were not allowed to vape in a public park?
Would that still be true if you were not allowed to vape anywhere inside a baseball stadium?
Would that still be true if you were not allowed to vape anywhere on a college campus?

That's a different question only because If I still smoked I would smoke at public places like that probably

I mean within reason like in a restaurant or indoors in somway

I haven't had any issue's at all my boss is fine with it since i don't take smoke breaks anymore and i have even vaped in the hospital visiting my mother pretty much everywhere i go i vape just to see if somebody would say anything but nothing yet movies i blow the vapor down in my lap and the same for going out for dinner

jp_cfc09

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
lost
only been vapeing for about a month and havent been asked yet but doubt I would anyway as im not harming anyone. I wouldnt vape anywere near food and people eating but most other places are fine to me like malls, parks, movie theatre etc.if I was asked I would ask them why and if they didnt have a good answer then I would just ask them to go away before I crack up. in movie theatre etc if its busy I would wait or sit at the back so it doesnt block veiws of people or just stealth vape lol, that double inhale works a treat for these times.:);):):)

VV_James

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Austin, TX
www.ValueVapor.com
Has never happened to me, and I vape EVERYWHERE!
I stealth vape faint or no aroma juices when I;m in crowded public places like movie theaters, hospital, or Dr.'s waiting rooms, Restaurants, Airplanes, etc... But I DO vape with people sitting right next to me and they never suspect a thing!

Just takes a bit of practice :D

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
That's a different question only because If I still smoked I would smoke at public places like that probably

I mean within reason like in a restaurant or indoors in somway
There are some people that don't think we should vape in places we are not allowed to smoke.
I'm glad that for you that is a different question.
:)

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
has'nt happened to me yet.
an interesting development though is the new smoking ban at the minnesota state fair.
there will be designated smoking areas.
this has been blasted all over the news.
i called the state fair office and was assured that ecigs are a-ok anywhere.
this has'nt been blasted all over the news.
it will be interesting to see if any do-gooders(we have plenty of them in minnesota)
will have anything to say about my v2's.
i plan on bringing them because they look so much like real cigs.
muwahahahaha!

regards
mike

Vapo Marx

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
New York
I'll definitely vape just about anywhere outdoors, even where smoking isn't allowed. Well, OK, I won't vape while pumping gas, just for the sake of not giving other customers a heart attack if they should see the vapor and think it's smoke.

By the way, I semi-stealth vaped (as in, didn't hide my PV but avoided making big clouds) through a whole meeting at work recently and it was great! In the past, about halfway through a meeting I wouldn't be able to pay attention anymore because all I could think about getting outside to have a smoke.

Come to that, one selling point for vaping that I rarely hear mentioned is increased productivity on the job. I can vape WHILE I'm getting things done instead of having to interrupt my workflow to go outside for a nic fix.

Last edited:

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I still haven't had anyone tell me I couldn't vape. The closest I came was a co-worker complained about the vaping. I had just converted over a half dozen smokers to vaping and our offices were filled with vapors. I was standing in the hall when she was complaining to the supervisor (who had just switched to vaping.) She started telling him that it was an 'overpowering' smell. I stood literally 5 feet behind her and blew clouds, CLOUDS I tell you, the whole time she complained. Then he asked her, do you smell it now? She said no. So, he said to turn around....the hallway was almost filled with vapor. He said, do you smell it now? She got red faced and stomped out of the office. She hasn't said another word. :)

Are you guys hiring? I love Alabama! Lolz

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
Nope I have NOT been asked or told to stop Vapeing, keep in mind I'm sensible about this, but I Vape in all outside places.

I won't blow plumes in anyone's face or even come close to their space, as that would end up with someone possibly visiting the hospital.

I stealth Vape in malls, shops and most places that are indoors that I frequent.

I find it very easy to not Vape for long spells, but this situation rarely happens. I haven't flown yet but well probably not Vape on the plane as this would make my GF worry, and flying can be stressful enough for her, so I do have to pick my spots but use common sense. YES I'm one of a few that use Common Sense IMHO. Lol.

Vape On people, be happy......

MrPloom

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2013
chicago
A few years back I went to a nightclub with my girl. I brought a mod and two cig-alike batteries. We were enjoying a vape, dancing around the foam machine, (it was a soap pit party) and a guard came up to my girl and told her to get out of the club. So I ran over and explained to the guard that they were e-cigarettes and that it was vapor, not tobacco smoke. He apologized and we went back to having fun. An hour or so later a 2nd guard came up to me and told me to leave the club. I told him that I had talked to his buddy already and that I had explained we were vaping, not burning tobacco leaves. He repeatedly told me that I was being kicked out and that I had to leave. He grabbed my PV out of my hand and walked away... As if I wasn't going to retrieve it? LOL. So I run up behind him and tell him to give me back my property and that I'd be leaving. So I got it back and we went upstairs to the bar. In the bar, we had a few beers at this table keg party, where people were doing blatantly illegal things on the tables surrounding us. I couldn't believe that they would kick me out for vaping but not break up what I was watching.

So we finished our beers and went outside with the smokers. The whole outside of the club was surrounded by homeless people. The guards didn't care. We ended up staying a few hours longer & we had a blast talking to the eccentrics. I go home to post a review of the club on all the review sites, and I asked a question on Yelp at the end of my review. I asked "Is there any way I could get in touch with the owner? Does anyone know what he looks like? Thank you. Well, I got an e-mail and it turned out, the owner was the woman tending the bar the night we were there. & I had asked her when we first arrived if they allowed vaping, and she said they did. -____- So in closing, I got kicked out of a vape-friendly nightclub for having a PV that didn't look like a cigarette.

I experience this a lot. I always ask the manager of a movie theatre, they usually dont mind so I freely vape (in the back row). But the staff at most "vape friendly" establishments are ill informed about their own policies.

VAPE ON MY FRIENDS!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
Sitting at my daughter's field hockey game last night with an Ego and Mini BCC. I didn't hide it but I also kept the vapor in til almost nothing came out.
My boss only smoked when I was around and always would bum a smoke from me when we'd go outside for smoke break. Now he just hits my vape as we sit in the office.
We've known each other most of our lives and were always sharing various smokables back in the day

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
Sitting at my daughter's field hockey game last night with an Ego and Mini BCC. I didn't hide it but I also kept the vapor in til almost nothing came out.
My boss only smoked when I was around and always would bum a smoke from me when we'd go outside for smoke break. Now he just hits my vape as we sit in the office.
We've known each other most of our lives and were always sharing various smokables back in the day

U 2 do use Condoms..... Right. For Vapeing of course.

irdoom

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2013
Michigan
I was at a local concert once, and I had my eVic with me. I was vaping away, meanwhile I hear this guy behind me say to his buddy "Hey, that guy is vaping, let me steal yours for a bit." Mind you his looked like a real cigarette, he took one vape off of it and the guard comes up and yells at him, thought he was smoking. I turned around while vaping mine, smirked, and said "He isn't smoking sir, he's vaping." The guard yells over the music to me "Oh that's cool, my wife does that, saved her life!" and we vaped with no interruptions for the rest of the show! :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread