Late Night "Info-mercial-" Alternacig!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chellemmm

Chihuahua Queen
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Florida
Ha! I was trolling channels this morning (3 a.m.) and came across this info-mercial. HYSTERICAL. AlternaCig - Official Site

WHAT a rip-off. No wonder so many newbies are confused. "Each filter is equal to a pack and a half of cigarettes..." HA! It was set up to look like a quasi news report.

I want to do my OWN "info-mercial."

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I remember seeing a late night ad for an electronic cigarette where some dude was driving around in a convertible, stops at a red light, puffs on his ecig, looks at the camera and says something like, "Looks like a cigarette... but it's not!" I only saw it once. That was like 7 months ago.

If late-night infomercials are being made about vaping, I say we're in like Flint.

Last edited:

chellemmm

Chihuahua Queen
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Florida
@ Eratik: HAH! You should PIF to someone. I gave away my kit to someone who hardcore smokes 2-3 PAD for 40+ years. He LOVES it. I don't know why it is easier for some of us to be convinced we need a cig-a-like to quit. I just know that if I had started with a big fat ego and tanks (like I LOVE now) I would not have kept up with it. I probably would have never even tried to vape; I would have been too intimidated. I LOVE this forum because I have learned so much...I might have been "sucked in" by crap like the Alerna-cig, gotten ...... off at the price and performance and given up completely if I had not found all of this FREE advice...

I struggled with the Blu, really tried to "make it work" and even bought 2 extra batteries. I googled "refill e-cig cartridges" and somehow wound up here! Thank Goodness.

Last edited:

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
@ Eratik: HAH! You should PIF to someone. I gave away my kit to someone who hardcore smokes 2-3 PAD for 40+ years. He LOVES it. I don't know why it is easier for some of us to be convinced we need a cig-a-like to quit. I just know that if I had started with a big fat ego and tanks (like I LOVE now) I would not have kept up with it. I probably would have never even tried to vape; I would have been too intimidated. I LOVE this forum because I have learned so much...I might have been "sucked in" by crap like the Alerna-cig, gotten ...... off at the price and performance and given up completely if I had not found all of this FREE advice...

I struggled with the Blu, really tried to "make it work" and even bought 2 extra batteries. I googled "refill e-cig cartridges" and somehow wound up here! Thank Goodness.

I have had the same route, as you have. ECF and it's members have kept me on course and have shortened my learning curve by months, if not longer.

I have been trying to get my cousin, whom is a long time smoker, to try my Blu kit. Hopefully, she will come around.

chellemmm

Chihuahua Queen
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Florida
$20.00 for 6 cartos??? Where do I sign up? Oh, yes. The 6 cartos are "equal to almost 9 packs of cigarettes!" The free shipping is only on Auto ship accounts. Good luck if anyone is trying to cancel...Also you only get ONE crappy battery, a crappy USB charger and a cigarette case, non chargeable, aka "travel case." Hurry, only $29.95 + $7.95

On the infomerrcial, they said you could UPGRADE the case so it can double as a charging device/personal flashlight!!!!:facepalm:

Last edited:

cardenio

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2012
United States
Now i take it back, its actually got a night light guys, so if you fall beside your bed frequently or hell youre just a 10 year old with night terrors, the alternacig is for you. One last thing.. "If its not the best tasting, smoothest smoking and longest lasting electronic cigarette youve ever tried, send it back for a full refund" wow..

cardenio

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2012
United States
Just another KR 808-D2. You do know that you can order them from Shenzhen Kanger Technology Co., Ltd with your own name on them if you would like.

Anyone interested in some "tj's worlds best e-cig's" :lol:

Lmao i find it hilarious that the same generic models make it to random sketchy dealers. I'd much rather have a tj brand, you probably wouldnt over charge on cartos :p

redrose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2009
CT
Ha! I was trolling channels this morning (3 a.m.) and came across this info-mercial. HYSTERICAL. AlternaCig - Official Site

WHAT a rip-off. No wonder so many newbies are confused. "Each filter is equal to a pack and a half of cigarettes..." HA! It was set up to look like a quasi news report.

I want to do my OWN "info-mercial."

And they so hope you add the "s" in AlternacigS.com, because I own Alternacig.com. It makes them crazy. I don't even own an e-cig business, so I've started re-directing it to good causes. Their lawyers have threatened me repeatedly because someone might mistake it for the trademarked Alternacig. I disagreed and felt I was doing a public service by letting people know what a real e-cig is! Unfortunately, a lot of folk discover e-cigs in the middle of a bad night.

Last edited:

NoEmotionz

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2011
Augusta, GA
I saw this commercial the other day at my girlfriends house. Whom, I'm trying to get into vaping, and she goes "I would really love one of those, it has a pack and everything, like a real cigarette". I then had to explain to her the value of using those kits, and what it would cost over a certain period of time. The whole commercial made me laugh, and after explaining everything to her she saw through the bad acting and decided to roll with our original plan. She wants a nice little set up just like mine, I also told her that they didn't have any girly ones for her to pick from, so she was turned away shortly after. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread