Status
Not open for further replies.

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
Have you tried your coffee eliquid in a regular tank? I found some coffee eliquids do taste burnt and or bitter. Hubby likes grape eliquid so I have Verde Valley Vapes Grape Geeks in the Penguin and no burnt flavor.
Maybe try a fruit flavor? A good sweet coffee is SauceLA Carmel Waffle Cappuccino and Vanilla Bean Cream, I also like Om Vapors Cafe #7
Yes there is no wattage control on the Penguin either- but the grape eliquid tastes pretty good in the Penguin.
No, I haven't tried this particular coffee flavor in a regular tank. I need to. I do have SauceLA's Caramel Waffle Cappucino and I agree it is good. I like the idea of getting seperate cartridges for the Penguin, so you could easily change flavors. Just waiting for a couple of my favorite vendors to get both the coils and cartridges in stock at the same time!

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
I was thinking it was the 50/50 ratio that was making it taste burnt??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may be on to something — read on.

I just watched Rip Trippers video. With five battery lights you are vaping at 50 watts and drops off as the battery discharges. I wonder how he knew the wattage? Probably explains the burnt taste. He did not prime the coil head and instead held down on the air flow (blocked air flow) and took primer puffs. From another video I gathered this is not true MTL and is more of a restricted lung hit and that it takes vaping approximately 1-1/2 mls to break in the coil. I wonder what the recommended PG/VG ratio is? At 50 watts I think high VG but then the wattage drops as the battery lights go off. I will more than likely not buy the Penguin as I am definitely a MTL vaper.

The Joyetech US website has a phone number to contact them as well as a Contact page in case the burnt taste does not go away. https://www.joyetech.us.

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
The liquid I am using in mine is Verde Valley Vapes- Geeks Grape it is 75vg/25pg in 3nic.
Definitely not a MTL device, but hubby is adjusting to it well and he is a MTL vaper. He holds the button very briefly,quick burst for him. I am a DL vaper and I really like how this vapes, I just hold down the button and inhale. The mod is quite airy, the only control would be your finger over the air intake hole slightly, and the mouthpiece is more open than any MTL drip tip.

Reactions: NotSoMini

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
i presume the vaporesso aurora counts as a pod system? it only takes the one size magnetic refill cart. It actually works pretty well, and for a MTL stealth vape (and you can use 36 or 48 nic with it for a massive throat hit without any danger cause it's really like a cig), it's one to watch. I mean you can't get more stealth really can you!

Reactions: David Wolf

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
i presume the vaporesso aurora counts as a pod system? it only takes the one size magnetic refill cart. It actually works pretty well, and for a MTL stealth vape (and you can use 36 or 48 nic with it for a massive throat hit without any danger cause it's really like a cig), it's one to watch. I mean you can't get more stealth really can you!

It appears to use replaceable coils which would put it in the mini mod category.

dansus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Sourin Drop.
    sourin_drop.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread