Latest compilation of vapor product overheating, fire, and explosion reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    From the SFATA web site, the most complete collection of US vaping product overheating, fire, and explosion reports, 92 so far as of the end of last year. Interestingly, only about half were reported to the media.

http://sfata.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Tob-Control-2016-Rudy-tobaccocontrol-2015-052626.pdf

Thanks @Mooch

It would be great to see the reports about the REGULAR CIGARETTES, Cuban cigars and pipes too and compare them.

http://www.steam-engine.org/

StormFinch

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 22, 2010
    Arkansas
    And, though I've been having trouble finding the numbers on cell phone battery failures, I can say that I've seen it said there were 5 deaths from exploding cell phones between 2009 and 2014.

Then there's the guy that threw all of the old 9 volts from his smoke detectors into a paper bag in the garage which promptly burned his house down. How many people leave those lying around loose in a junk drawer?

Battery safety is important, no matter the chemistry or size.

edyle

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 23, 2013
    Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
    Then there's the guy that threw all of the old 9 volts from his smoke detectors into a paper bag in the garage which promptly burned his house down. How many people leave those lying around loose in a junk drawer?

Battery safety is important, no matter the chemistry or size.

wait; second thought says that sounds like something you'd read in one of those satire news sites.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 22, 2010
    Arkansas
    Reactions: Tommy-Chi
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread