Vamo V2 Stainless Steel and Provari V2.5

20130212_023154_zpsde6c3e74.jpg

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
There's nothing wrong with a lot of Chinese made devices and they can be had for great prices. There will always be a place in my collection for Chinese and American mods.

I agree with this. Not everyone can afford a Provari, and many that can may easily prefer something else. There is a place in vaping for nearly any product, whether its made in the USA, China, or Timbucktoo.

It's all about one's needs and expectations for their PV. That's why my first comment was how long the OP wanted his device to last. That is to my way of thinking the most crucial difference between the two devices.

craigsdocks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Northeast USA
www.craigsdocks.com
Doesn't the lavatube also us the zmax/vamo/svd/CVI chip just limited to VV only? In that case, I can't see a reason to buy it for 80 bucks unless you love the look.

From what I have seen it seems like this is the case that is why I was talking about a Vamo V2 ... why pay more for same or lesser device

Dutch81

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Miami/Chicago
I agree with this. Not everyone can afford a Provari, and many that can may easily prefer something else. There is a place in vaping for nearly any product, whether its made in the USA, China, or Timbucktoo.

It's all about one's needs and expectations for their PV. That's why my first comment was how long the OP wanted his device to last. That is to my way of thinking the most crucial difference between the two devices.

They sell ProVaris for 20-40$ cheaper for minor blemishes too, forget what they call it. It's on their main page. The warranty and customer service counts for something, I've found that paying more for a product is well worth it if the warranty and customer service backs up the product versus a cheaper item initially. I can't say i tried anything else but I also cant find anything bad to say about it either.

Last edited:

Sandybeach40

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2010
Colorado
I have been vaping for ever now. Ive seen and used all kinds of mods. Ive had a provari v2 for around a year now. I just bought my wife a Lava Tube V2. Pink. Its awesome. For the price of the Lava tube its hard to say the provari is worth all the extra money. Im happy I have the provari because I would say its built to last and it was made in America. But the lava tube takes the cake in my opinion for looks. The lava tubes finish will surely be ruined in one year and my provari looks new still a year later. The lava tube does everything the provari does and much of it better. I do prefer the draw on my Provari and I do like to drip so a drip well is worth an extra hundred bucks in my opinion. Lava tube v2's button and the look of the mod is the best I have seen and it accepts all kinds of batteries. More than the provari. If you want to save a ton of money go with the lava tube. I have a feeling that provari will come out with something new soon and I just cant justify recommending the Provari now when theres a competitor that equals in most areas and even exceeds in a few other areas. Its short comings are to few compared to the provari and theres no justifiable reason to spend more than 2 times the cost.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If you want to save a ton of money go with the lava tube. I have a feeling that provari will come out with something new soon and I just cant justify recommending the Provari now when theres a competitor that equals in most areas and even exceeds in a few other areas. Its short comings are to few compared to the provari and theres no justifiable reason to spend more than 2 times the cost.

That's a reasonable perspective for someone on a tight budget, but I couldn't help noticing that while trying to pump up the value of the Lava Tube, you kept going back to the Provari with positive comments.

Your endorcement for the Lava Tube was not nearly as convincing as for the Provari.

Provari -- "built to last", "The lava tubes finish will surely be ruined in one year and my provari looks new still a year later", "I do prefer the draw on my Provari and I do like to drip so a drip well is worth an extra hundred bucks in my opinion."

What many people seem to do when buying a new PV is fail to look into the future. All the Chinese mods come with a shorter warranty than what is available with the Provari. Plus, should the Chinese mod fail after the warranty, consider it a throwaway because it can't be repaired. I believe that the higher cost of the Provari justifies it being much more durable, consistant, and providing the peace of mind that should it require repair after warranty, it can be sent back to Provape to be repaired for much cheaper than buying another mod.

Last edited:

jhiga

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Honolulu
I don't like that chip they use in there with the PWM thing going on. The rattlesnake noise kind of annoys me,, and I've got a few other gripes about it as well...I'm sure if I had one, though, I'd just get used to it.
The idea that it's reparable did it for me. Chucking Inferno batteries from Volcano just got old...

Sandybeach40

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2010
Colorado
Well I may have gave my opinion to soon. The wife's 36 hour old lava tube v2 and I mean the new lava tube not the v2.5 has a problem cutting off and reverting to 3.2 or what ever it is. She on a three ohm single coil and vaping In the 4.4 range. Ill keep you guys updated I the problem continues and what steps volcano takes to helps us if we need it. I know if the atty has problems even the provari will cut out to an error code so I'm giving the lava tube the being it of the doubt that she may have had a dry carto this mourning.

hausmouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
WNY
Well I almost bought a lavatube v2 then started considering the provari even though I didn't want to pay that price. I saw people having issues with the lavatube and considered that the provari is American made and after a year if it breaks I don't just throw it out I get it repaired. Today my provari came. I don't regret it a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread