Lavabox DNA200 vs. Yihi SX mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telmos

May 11, 2016
Hey All,

I am trying to figure out which would be a better box the Lavabox dna 200 or Yihi SX mini (Q Class possibley). Both are 200 Watt (I really need under 40 though) and same price range. The only thing that is appealing to me in the Yihi is that it has removable batteries that can be used with other devices as well. The lavabox on the other hand just looks nicer to me.

Can someone help with the technical/ software specs that actually set these two produces apart? Also, what about build quality?

Thanks!

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
If you want a mod that is slightly easier to carry around and don't mind charging it every 5-6 hours then go for the lavabox

If you want a mod that lasts longer, can swap out batteries on the fly and keep on vaping, don't mind a larger form factor, then go for the SX Q class (Yihi board).

I have the lavabox, its not my only mod so I don't mind the small capacity lipo battery. If you're asking for a comparison of the 2 boards they essential do the same things with minor differences.

DNA boards are more efficient than Yihi boards (I think it was estimated to be 97% vs low 90s high 80s in favor of DNA boards). What this means is that Yihi boards are essentially more power hungry and you'll notice more sag in the battery as they begin to lose charge during operation.

Yihi boards have a menu system that you can utilize in the mod itself. You don't have to plug it into a computer (PC only) to do the grainular settings. Also, I find the auto flip screen to be a big plus on Yihi devices.

The lavabox does 1amp charging while the Sx Q class does 2 amp charging. I estimate a charge time of >3hours from weak battery to full charge for the lavabox.

Personally, I'd go for the Q Class as its the newer.

NGGrant

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2015
Richmond VA
I don't have a q class yet but I do have a lavabox and an ML class so I'm familiar with the software from both companies as well.
If you use kanthal primarily the Q class is the way to go. If you do more temp control the lavabox with the 1300 MAH lipo upgrade.

The DNA board and software is much easier to navigate but only has wattage control for power mode. sxiQ software allows you to map the power output in kanthal mode a feature I find really fun to play with.

As far as battery life at 40w both will last you all day but using HG2 or 30q in the Q will give you more run time.

The lavabox is lighter and I think looks better.

Reactions: Telmos

Telmos

May 11, 2016
Awesome sounds like Yihi is the way to go for me. I am also considering getting the Provari so that may be more for out while the Yihi can be inside and hence I don't mind the larger form factor. Also, the fact that it can use the same battery as a Provari is great because I could always have some on charge for either device.

One more question, I didn't notice if the Yihi had reverse battery protection if inserted wrong, does anyone know if they do?

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Awesome sounds like Yihi is the way to go for me. I am also considering getting the Provari so that may be more for out while the Yihi can be inside and hence I don't mind the larger form factor. Also, the fact that it can use the same battery as a Provari is great because I could always have some on charge for either device.

One more question, I didn't notice if the Yihi had reverse battery protection if inserted wrong, does anyone know if they do?
In a two-battery device you need to marry the batteries and always use them together. As the Provaris are single-battery devices that means you won't be able to use the same batteries in both devices.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: Telmos

Telmos

May 11, 2016
In a two-battery device you need to marry the batteries and always use them together. As the Provaris are single-battery devices that means you won't be able to use the same batteries in both devices.

Thanks, this is incredibly useful to know and definitely something that I have not considered.

Reactions: KenD
If you want a mod that is slightly easier to carry around and don't mind charging it every 5-6 hours then go for the lavabox

If you want a mod that lasts longer, can swap out batteries on the fly and keep on vaping, don't mind a larger form factor, then go for the SX Q class (Yihi board).

I have the lavabox, its not my only mod so I don't mind the small capacity lipo battery. If you're asking for a comparison of the 2 boards they essential do the same things with minor differences.

DNA boards are more efficient than Yihi boards (I think it was estimated to be 97% vs low 90s high 80s in favor of DNA boards). What this means is that Yihi boards are essentially more power hungry and you'll notice more sag in the battery as they begin to lose charge during operation.

Yihi boards have a menu system that you can utilize in the mod itself. You don't have to plug it into a computer (PC only) to do the grainular settings. Also, I find the auto flip screen to be a big plus on Yihi devices.

The lavabox does 1amp charging while the Sx Q class does 2 amp charging. I estimate a charge time of >3hours from weak battery to full charge for the lavabox.

Personally, I'd go for the Q Class as its the newer.

When you refer to the small capacity LiPo battery for the Lavabox, are you talking about the 900mah battery it comes with? Because I know they offer a 1300mah upgrade which I'm not sure if that'll make a huge difference.

I was debating the Lavabox against the Vaporshark. I'm kinda torn but was leaning towards the Lavabox. Thanks for the input btw!

Telmos

May 11, 2016
When you refer to the small capacity LiPo battery for the Lavabox, are you talking about the 900mah battery it comes with? Because I know they offer a 1300mah upgrade which I'm not sure if that'll make a huge difference.

I was debating the Lavabox against the Vaporshark. I'm kinda torn but was leaning towards the Lavabox. Thanks for the input btw!
BTW, it's not 900mah, it's 3x900mah, so it's actually a 2700mah.

Oh, I decided on getting the upcoming Lavabox m. Smaller, same battery capacity And it's easily interchangeable so that you can always keep one charged.

Reactions: Kphillips85

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai

Yes I was talking about the 900mah 3 cell Lipo.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
BTW, it's not 900mah, it's 3x900mah, so it's actually a 2700mah.

Oh, I decided on getting the upcoming Lavabox m. Smaller, same battery capacity And it's easily interchangeable so that you can always keep one charged.
Technically no, it's 900 mAh. However, it's 11.1v (nominal) to the 3.7v (nominal) of the 18650s that we regularly use, so in practice the battery runtime is very close to a 2700 mAh 3.7v battery (slightly better, would seem to be the case).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread