Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
8e187ce8d81d94c795ec3bb03a4078b5.jpg

Mine made it. Ill play with it more when I wake up for work tonight.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
If you either want or need my ecig file for the Labavox DNA75 let me know. Enjoy your new mod! :toast:

Cheers,
Steve

medic181075

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2014
Bradford, PA
I just wanted to bring my experiences to the table. My $39.99 Lavabox M showed up yesterday. I'm am completely new to escribe mods. My DNA 40 mods were getting a bit beat up, so I figured it was time. I had looked for a deal on a DNA 40 mod, but efun beat all of the DNA 40 prices with this Lavabox M.

Now, overall, I only have one complaint. I got the black one. After watching pbusardo's review I had assumed that it would come with a clear screen cover. It didn't. I has a tinted cover over the screen making it impossible to see the screen outside in daylight. I am not talking about in the sun, but a cloudy day. You cannot see anything on the screen. Really, that is my only complaint, but it is a big deal in my opinion. Some people may be bothered by the fact that a 22 mm tank hangs off the front just a bit. It really isn't that bad. The fire button sticks out more than the tank hangs over.

Reactions: Fad and Eskie

medic181075

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2014
Bradford, PA
You should be able to change brightness in escribe.

It is as bright as escribe will allow. This tinted screen window is a very cool looking, but poorly thought out feature on an otherwise awesome mod. If you're going to buy this as a desktop mod, not big deal, but if you will ever take it outside during the day, you will be unable to make adjustments or see the battery charge level. If I had paid full price for this mod, I would be complaining to someone, either trying to return it or trying to get a replacement with a clear window.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Well, since the last post here is a few months ago, I'm gonna ask how these boxes are holding up. I've recently bought, and have been using another DNA 75 and really like it. I have been eyeing this Lava Box for awhile now, and I really like the blood red, and I'm thinking maybe this should be my next mod. So, update me please on these.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Well, since the last post here is a few months ago, I'm gonna ask how these boxes are holding up. I've recently bought, and have been using another DNA 75 and really like it. I have been eyeing this Lava Box for awhile now, and I really like the blood red, and I'm thinking maybe this should be my next mod. So, update me please on these.
Mine is holding up great. The finish is Anodized so it's tough and you already know the board. I really like the Blood Red Lavabox (both the 200 and 75).

Cheers,
Steve

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I too recently picked up a couple of these on sale. What's the 'trick' to knowing when the battery is fully charged when using the USB charging?

Overall, I'm pleased with it (as long as I don't try to read the screen while outdoors :D )
Not sure about the Lavabox M but the DNA75 board has an LED just under the fire button that pulses red while charging and steady green when fully charged. This can be customized via Escribe (as well as the brightness of the screen). You can also configure the charging screen to show batt % and voltage.

Reactions: Eskie

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Not sure about the Lavabox M but the DNA75 board has an LED just under the fire button that pulses red while charging and steady green when fully charged. This can be customized via Escribe (as well as the brightness of the screen). You can also configure the charging screen to show batt % and voltage.

Thanks KT. Looks like Volcano didn't consider an 'external' indication of charging when the designed the mod. No way to see that light. This is 'flaw' #2 then as far as I'm concerned. Flaw #1 is the low intensity screen that can't read outdoors.

That said, I've been vaping it for a week now and do really like it. Considering I got a deal at $32 for it, I'm not complaining at all really.

Is the brightness on the M75 shipped with the brightness set to the max?

I read someplace that ... yes, the screen is set to its max brightness. I'm waiting for the Mac version of eScribe ... then I'll look into it myself. Their's a beta version of it for the 75C in test now ... so maybe in the next few weeks it will be available for all the DNA boards.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
I too recently picked up a couple of these on sale. What's the 'trick' to knowing when the battery is fully charged when using the USB charging?

Overall, I'm pleased with it (as long as I don't try to read the screen while outdoors :D )
there's a lightning bolt on the battery graphic when charging which goes away, I believe

Reactions: KTMRider

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I missed the $32 deal by a few hours :(. I have 5 DNA200, 3 DNA75, 2 DNA250 and 2 DNA75C (Therion 75c on the way to make 3) and 4 DNA40 mods. I tried a few Yihi mods and wasn't impressed so I'm sticking with Evolv powered mods now.

The DNA75 and 75C are the only ones with a LED under the power button and it's configurable in Escribe. The DNA200/250/75 displays charging status on the screen while charging (also configurable in Escribe). The battery icon has a lightning bolt while charging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread