• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

LavaTube coming to SA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny2puffs

Moved On
Oct 9, 2011
I have been researching VV mods here and other forums and came to the conclusion that the Provari is the best. The second best is the LavaTube. The Provari only beats the LavaTube because the display indicates the voltage you are using for that specific atty. The LT does not but just as the Provari it adjusts to the correct voltage to keep it at 2.5 amps max. for protection.
The big diffs is the price. Provari is twice as expensive as the LT. So buying the LT is a no brainer.
The LT is sold rebranded as MVari, Torpedo VV, Vision Tox VV and more.
Now eCiggies - Electronic Cigarettes | Vaporizers | e-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes | Electronic Cigarettes will be selling it as LavaTube from end March. They have completed their test and will soon put it on their website.
Can't wait.

John it's cheaper because its made cheaper, you get what you pay for. I really like the LT, the feel of it, the weight of it, "if it would last". Right now when people ask or want an opinion I suggest the provari, even though it is more money, It is going to last..they are strong I have a couple and I would be wrong to give my opinion to someone on a price. The lavatube is cheaper, and there is some word out there about them doing revisions on the internals to "make them better"...but right now chances are IMO if you get a LT if will be sent out for repair so buy 2...If you want a really strong VV PV go with a provari or darwin, and finding a darwin is not easy..

Bahiaboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2011
London/Alicante
I cant comment on the Provari but I have been using both the LT & Mini LT for 2 months and both are working fine no problems whatsoever ;o) And reading on here they will be producing a revamped SS version in days ;o) I wouldnt have thought any of the electronics in any of these VV devices actually cost that much ???
Perhaps someone can give an idea !!! But the LT works just fine ,and from what I can see there appear no Major problems :vapor:

I have a friend who has a torpedo which is the same as a lavatube only from a different company and it is still going strong, never had one problem with it, the friends that I suggested the lavatube 2, bought them for christmas and all had to be sent back, I can say turn around time was very fast. But I still felt like an a@@ because I had just converted these friends to e-cigs suggested the lavatube and within a week they were back to the shop...

Bahiaboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2011
London/Alicante
Plus of course availability and price is always an issue to buy stuff in Europe as it probably is in SA for an example the Provari in USA is $159 and it is sold in UK for about the equivalent of $220 Im not saying in any way its not a great device, but that sort of pricing is a big negative !! The only Device that I have seen that seems to be a constant price seem to be the GG Mods !!!!

JO GSA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2011
Lichtenburg
Johnny.....its not just me and you any more...lol. And no I dont have any thing better, would like to get a "line atty".

I have tested the VV thing out with my VV PV and athough the taste and warmth does differ, its not such a diffrence that I would like to own a VV mod. In my humble opinion, a better atty or carto in a decent mod is better than VV.

Johnny2puffs

Moved On
Oct 9, 2011
Plus of course availability and price is always an issue to buy stuff in Europe as it probably is in SA for an example the Provari in USA is $159 and it is sold in UK for about the equivalent of $220 Im not saying in any way its not a great device, but that sort of pricing is a big negative !! The only Device that I have seen that seems to be a constant price seem to be the GG Mods !!!!
Geeze man. What you vaping in that pic? A hockey stick mod with 30 torch bats?
Yes, I agree. The prices are hyped due to greed perhaps? Or slow moving product.

Johnny2puffs

Moved On
Oct 9, 2011
Johnny.....its not just me and you any more...lol. And no I dont have any thing better, would like to get a "line atty".

I have tested the VV thing out with my VV PV and athough the taste and warmth does differ, its not such a diffrence that I would like to own a VV mod. In my humble opinion, a better atty or carto in a decent mod is better than VV.
I hear what you saying Jo. Glad to see some activity here.
I have so many cartos of different ohms that I can't use. Those Dual coil things were a fad. Come and gone. I am now back to my Leo 3.7v with a single coil 3ohm atty. Much better.
Reason being a 2 ohm dual coil is as good as a 4 ohm single coil heat wise.
Now who wants to use a 4 ohm atty? Not me for sure. Now if I want to use my Dual coils up, I need to Up my voltage.
Hence my need for a VV bat to 6v.
That way I can use most cartos and attys at a heat that I enjoy.
Sorry to get technical again.

Johnny2puffs

Moved On
Oct 9, 2011
I have a friend who has a torpedo which is the same as a lavatube only from a different company and it is still going strong, never had one problem with it, the friends that I suggested the lavatube 2, bought them for christmas and all had to be sent back, I can say turn around time was very fast. But I still felt like an a@@ because I had just converted these friends to e-cigs suggested the lavatube and within a week they were back to the shop...

Thanks Jam. Sorry about your embarrassment. I will check out the LT/Torpedo on the main board again before I buy. Thanks.

Johnny2puffs

Moved On
Oct 9, 2011
John it's cheaper because its made cheaper, you get what you pay for. I really like the LT, the feel of it, the weight of it, "if it would last". Right now when people ask or want an opinion I suggest the provari, even though it is more money, It is going to last..they are strong I have a couple and I would be wrong to give my opinion to someone on a price. The lavatube is cheaper, and there is some word out there about them doing revisions on the internals to "make them better"...but right now chances are IMO if you get a LT if will be sent out for repair so buy 2...If you want a really strong VV PV go with a provari or darwin, and finding a darwin is not easy..
Just been checking the thread out. No probs except the clicking sound on the button. Some like it and some don't. I would like to hear when it fires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread