Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Quick question. Does the LT have a undercharge battery cut off safety feature like the Provari?

The spec list says it does but doesn't specify at what voltage and many have reported the battery working at very low voltages. I personally wouldn't trust it, just keep an eye on the voltage and charge it when the battery starts getting low.

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
John are you saying you can check the voltage under load without a carto screwed in ? So in essence you can double check to see If the battery is matching the voltage you selected and if you need to adjust accordingly ?

Connected via Tapatalk

No, I am saying you can check the load of the battery itself - I never tried till just now without a carto.. I was only reporting on what I read - but it seems I can't get a reading without an atty screwed in. Apparently the atty connection is needed to complete the circuit.

Remember this thing has a booster circuit.. think of it like a capacitor (I think) the booster circuit holds so much stored power/electric charge say perhaps 2 volts.. if the battery reads 3 volts with the above trick then you know you can get 5 volts out of the unit when the button is pressed. Therefore the battery voltage by checking it's Load and the display voltage you set it to, won't match. I don't know how much voltage the booster circuit is supposed to hold normally but you'd need to know this and add the two.

Last edited:

prateus

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
Muskoka, Ontario
Hey guys,

i noticed this today, when my lavatube was putting weak vapor set to 5 v and at 6v not much better. i checked the batt and it was down to 2.8 volts.

-Now I was going to post this as a guide, and will still probably post it as a new thread but I found a great feature for the battery underload feature. P.S I think that the underload feature is a "Factory" QC feature in order to show that the boost circruit is working.

So I had to borrow my friends meter but It was fairly consistent.
First I was using a 1.8 ohm dripping atty made by vision.
Many ppl believe and even volcano falsely advertises that when an LR or too low of a carto/atty are or the LT that it brings it down to 3.7. In actuality, the LT reduces current to 2.5 amps,which means it is dependent on equiptment used.

So I took my dripping atty and liked it at 3, then 4, then 5, then 6. There was no disernible difference between 5 and 6. My 4v battery was showing 3.3 underload, I backed off at 4.9,4.8,4.7. 4.6 then 4.5. Underload was still 3.2/3.3. I put it down to 4.4 and voila it showed 3.4, I backed it down to 4.0 and it showed 3.8. I was able to keep it at 3.4 all the way up to 4.5, then it went to 3.3 again. So I was maxing out at 4.5. It produced a ton of Vapour. This showed the same thing with 1.5 dual coils. It showed 3.3 all they way down to 3.9. At 3.8 and lower the underload battery was 3.4 and higher.

People have been complaining about not knowing when it drops, by having a E2 error if you do not own a meter. I have found this to be an accurate way to get max watts using what ever your using. There is one guy here who has an avatar where he looks EMO and Sad or Angry who was saying his 1.5 DC were better at 5, then 4. The reason for this is that when you activate the button It initially fires at high volt setting and then bringing it down to 2.5 amps which may explain his viewpoint. I have also heard that as it uses PWM like the ego, It maybe be bouncing between set voltage, and max amps repeatedly.

Last edited:

prateus

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
Muskoka, Ontario
No I am talking about the feature where if you hold the fire button down and press power 7 times you get the loaded IMR battery voltage. For example.

The battery has 3.9v underload. There is some kind of a capacitor on the boost circuit, when you set it to 5V. The boost circuit needs to fill it's two capacitors up with enough voltage to spit out a constant 5v to the atty. So when a boost circuit is used, the batterry has to supply a heavy load that can be saved in the capacitor to output to the atty. This is why IMR high drains are used as the boost circuit puts a lot of stran on the battery. With the LT set at 3.7v the battery if it has more then 3.7v of power left does not have to work extra hard to put out extra energy. It supplies the voltage it normally puts out, which means the battery is not strained/underload. Now at 5v, the 3.7volt better is STRAINED so the voltage Drops to 3.2 because it is putting out more energy than it normally can do stablely. This is the reason that the LT was made to only accept IMR's and not protected lithium ION's as they are more likely to malfunction then an IMR high drain battery. I hope I explained it enough.

JoeInferno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Honolulu, HI
www.volcanoecigs.com
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: registered supplier posting in unauthorized area

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
  • Same voltage when changing battery - lock voltage as above let screen go off change battery as quick as you are able
It's not necessary to lock the voltage. I don't lock it, and if I do the battery swap fairly fast, it remembers what voltage I was set at. If I go slow, it resets back to 3.0.

I played around with locking the voltage before swapping batteries, and it seems to have no effect on how much time I have.

bogs8812

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Cali
When I do the under load(7 x press on power then hold fire button then press fire again) feature of my Mini Lavatube using a 3.0 ohm and 4.0 ohm atty and fire from 5.0-6.0v, it only gives me 3.4-3.6v under load reading in the tiny LCD. Does that mean the mini LT only gives the atty 3.4-3.6v instead of 5.0-6.0v?

Is there something wrong with my mini LT? I always get 3.4-3.6v under load reading in its LCD even with a full charged battery.

Forgive me for these noob questions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread