Status
Not open for further replies.

bogs8812

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Cali
bumping up for my noob query :D

When I do the under load(7 x press on power then hold fire button then press fire again) feature of my Mini Lavatube using a 3.0 ohm and 4.0 ohm atty and fire from 5.0-6.0v, it only gives me 3.4-3.6v under load reading in the tiny LCD. Does that mean the mini LT only gives the atty 3.4-3.6v instead of 5.0-6.0v?

Is there something wrong with my mini LT? I always get 3.4-3.6v under load reading in its LCD even with a full charged battery.

Forgive me for these noob questions.

Last edited:

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
When I do the under load(7 x press on power then hold fire button then press fire again) feature of my Mini Lavatube using a 3.0 ohm and 4.0 ohm atty and fire from 5.0-6.0v, it only gives me 3.4-3.6v under load reading in the tiny LCD. Does that mean the mini LT only gives the atty 3.4-3.6v instead of 5.0-6.0v?

Is there something wrong with my mini LT? I always get 3.4-3.6v under load reading in its LCD even with a full charged battery.

Forgive me for these noob questions.

Not sure what that number is, every time I tried it I got the same range as you but it's not output volts.

Doesn't sound like anything wrong with yours. You can't test loaded voltage on the LT meter though, you need a external meter, either a screw on or multimeter to check for loaded volts through the atty connector on the LT.

Loaded volts SHOULD be the same or very close to adjusted voltage unless the battery is being over stressed or the limiter is kicking in. The best way to insure that doesn't happen is use a quality IMR battery, keep an eye on battery voltage to make sure it isn't drained to low, and a use higher ohm attys/cartos.

I found when I had mine when using a 3ish ohm carto at 5ish volts and under as long as the battery had a 3.5v or higher charge left the voltage remained constant, once the battery got down to 3.4v the voltage under load started dropping.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I believe this is supposed to be the battery output voltage while it is under load. See if it drops steadily with the same seeting over the course of a few hours steady vaping.

Mine didn't. I used the battery to just below 3v just to see if the under volt protection would kick in or the number with the 7 click/fire button would change. It didn't, stayed in the same 3.4-3.6v range from a full charge to below 3v.

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
Mine seems to be a powerhouse compared to others that I have seen (LT, not the mini). I can push a 2.5 atty to 5.8v (set at 6). I got really lucky I guess.

Thanks for the input guys :)
Looks like there's something else wrong with my mini LT. It doesn't produce as much vapor and flavor like it's supposed to. I compared it to other LT's and mine just doesn't work right :(

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Mine seems to be a powerhouse compared to others that I have seen (LT, not the mini). I can push a 2.5 atty to 5.8v (set at 6). I got really lucky I guess.

Wow! You Did get lucky. My LT is in the mail. I hope I get the same rev as you. I have heard that in a few months, they will start being shipped without the limiters. When did you get yours?

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
The first Provari also limited amperage, but I don't know if the limit was the same as the LT or if it was 3.5A. I have been told that the Provari II doesn't limit the amperage at all. So, from what I gather, the Provari II either raised the amperage to 3.5 or removed the limit completely. Either way, the limit on the Provari is higher.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
about 2 weeks ago from TotallyWicked. Bad charger (which they replaced at no cost to me, extremely quickly) but awesome quality tube.

Interesting.... I assume you metered the output under load?? The last reliable measurements I saw done were PBusardo's review and it wouldn't allow anywhere near 5.5V with a 2.5ohm carto. But that review was a little while back. It would be cool if they just changed them without any big fanfare. Maybe they're making incremental increases in the amperage before they remove the limit, but that's probably wishful thinking. Even if they just upped the limit to 3 or 3.5A, it would be a big improvement, IMO.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
The first Provari also limited amperage, but I don't know if the limit was the same as the LT or if it was 3.5A. I have been told that the Provari II doesn't limit the amperage at all. So, from what I gather, the Provari II either raised the amperage to 3.5 or removed the limit completely. Either way, the limit on the Provari is higher.

The original Provari had a 2.5 amp limit. The Provari V2 released last week has a 3.5 amp limit. The limiter works differently in the LT and Provari. On the Provari it gives an error code when the limit is exceeded and won't vape until it's adjusted to within it's limit. The LT when exceeded keeps on vaping but the voltage is automatically adjusted down within it's limit with no notification other than reduced performance.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
It's nice to know when you are being limited..

1ACX06-The-Son-Also-Draws.avi_001270812.jpg

carlton

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2010
Albuquerque
Last edited:

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
Status