Lavatube V2 cutting off problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dueces515

Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Iowa
I was wondering how often you guys/gals were experiencing you power cutting off problems? and what is your avg battery time with iwr 18650 battery?

I Received my V2 kit on 2/19 right out of the box the tank that came in the kit didn't work and the V2 worked great with a atomizer the first half of the day then I started experiencing the dreaded power cutting off issue,happened at-least 5 times.

I contacted volcano about the issue,they said to return it. That is all fine with me, I will just get a replacement right? Wrong! The package was said it was delivered on 2/26. I contacted customer service to see when the new one would go out. They said the 28th,I thought awesome fast turn around time, but then I read

"WE went through 2 1600mah 18650s in the process and never had any issue with the device and approved it to be returned."

They received on the 26th and shipped on the 28th is this even enough time to thoroughly test 2 1600 and 18650 battery's,not to mention im getting the same dis-functional devise back.

Must say im pretty disappointed:mad:

MadCrow

Mar 2, 2013
Finland
Im having the same problem with my LT V2. Turns off randomly. Ive gotten the 82 error once. Have to remove the battery to get it to power on again...

Now I cant even turn the device on if the end cap is all the way closed (lavatube logo inline with the button). The only way I can turn the device on and keep it on is if I don't close the cap all the way, about one full turn from all the way closed... So about a 1mm gap. Tried to clean the threads but nothing..

Sandybeach40

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2010
Colorado
I just bought my wife the lava tube v2. I was very impressed with her new device. I have a provari and started to wish this lava tube v2 existed back when I got the provari. Well 36 hours later and her new lava tube is shutting off. She has to take the battery out and put it back in to get it to work again. I bought this at a brick and mortar. We are using the AW battery they recomend with the device so the AW theory is hog wash. We think we had the error code starting with a 6 and we seen clearly a e82 error code. I think I seen sparks when I was putting the battery in. I don't want to bash the lava tube. I love the look of this thing and the price is almost to good to be true. I was considering one myself and do hope that I can exchange this at the store. I'm doubtful that the problem isn't in every device. I hope not because this is an excellent mod and I really don't want to spend the money on another provari. Plus she like the look of the lava tube way more than my mod. If your reading this and have had the same problem don't sit by and not post or register to the ecf. Please share if your having the same problem so we the consumers can know if the problem is isolated or wide spread.

JoeInferno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Honolulu, HI
www.volcanoecigs.com
please make sure the threads where the 2 pieces screw together are clean.

If after you clean the threads you still have the issue, please return it back to the store and they will replace it for you.

We have seen a few devices do this but it is not a wide spread issue.

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the lavatube, but if the cleaning does not work we will get you taken care of.

wizardelite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
please make sure the threads where the 2 pieces screw together are clean.

If after you clean the threads you still have the issue, please return it back to the store and they will replace it for you.

We have seen a few devices do this but it is not a wide spread issue.

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the lavatube, but if the cleaning does not work we will get you taken care of.

I've gone thru two devices already because of this 82 error and random shut offs, that won't turn on unless you take out the battery, and reinsert it.

I just received a third Lavatube V2 in the mail yesterday and I got the 82 error within less than 24 hours. All I'm using is a Viva Nova or an AGA-T+ on this Lavatube V2 and my tanks have caused me no errors on my eVic or Lambo.

I just looked at the threads on this third LavaTube V2 and they are perfectly clean.

What exactly does this 82 error mean? I can't get a clear answer. I call your customer service and they have no idea what it means. I look on your branded forum and your forum administrator "Artist Boy" states that the 82 error is an issue with the device and it needs to be replaced. Then you state it's because of dirty threads but the threads on the third device you sent me is perfectly clean.

I'm very frustrated with the Lavatube V2.

Last edited:

JoeInferno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Honolulu, HI
www.volcanoecigs.com
The 82 error is a power error, it can be either an internal power issue with the electronics, or with the body's threads. It can even come from an issue with the body's paint being up on the threads of the body.

Please try cleaning the threads of both the top and bottom parts of the device with a q-tip lightly moisten with some rubbing alcohol, and let it dry, then test out the device.

I am sorry you are having so many issues with your devices. Please let our CS team know about the issues and if the cleaning helps.

MadCrow

Mar 2, 2013
Finland
Just a quick update. So I received a new Lavatube yesterday and its been working good for now. I still have the one that does not work. I tried switching the parts and everything but the "old" one does not work at all. I guess its something in the actual circuitry... Anywhooo, fingers crossed that this one does not start to act up.

Also thanks a lot Volcano for great customer service.

Sandybeach40

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2010
Colorado
Update about my cutting off problem. I took the first Lava tube v2 pink back. Got another that was pink. The one they gave me looked used. The button had a scratch on it. Its a 30 minute drive to the shop. Got home and the darn thing did it again. Same thing shut off E82 and the problem only got worse as the week went on. This time I caught the sparks coming out of it as I was screwing in the battery. Sparks shooting out about 3/4" out the device. We took it back today so this is our third trip down and third device. We decided to get a gold one this time in the hopes that it came from a different batch.

Holbie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have been using my LT V2 for a couple months now and just recently started getting the shutting off while vaping thing, I may be holding the button down too long or it may be sticking, not positive yet. I have not noticed the sparks that people are talking about here luckily, that would freak me out for it to start sparking. I also have not seen e82 but I'll get a blank screen for a few seconds then it will turn off and I will have to push more than 5 (about 10-15 sometimes) times for it to turn on, all in all I'm still very happy with mine and would recommend it for anyone looking for a user friendly VV mod

Sandybeach40

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2010
Colorado
Update on our v2 shut off problem. 2 pinks a gold and now a blue and all have had the cut off problem very quickly into there life. Each within 24 hours and it happens at least 20 times a day and sometimes it happens lots of times in a row. I would guess by my personal experience this problem is widespread. I guess you get what you pay for. The problem I have with that theory is that this device seems high quality compared to many of the v-voltage devices on the market today. Customer service rocks but how many times does a person trade in a device to get the same problem again and again. We are probably done trading the device in and will just have to unscrew the battery for the life of the device. This doesn't bother us since we are long time vape heads. I imagine this would really bother a newb transitioning from cigarets. A good excuse to fire up. Since volcano got store fronts I'm sure they appeal to newbs. Hopefully they don't get to discouraged by this type of problem and walk away forever. Possibly convinced all ecigs are junk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread