• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

law to apply excise tax to e-cigs in Lansing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
in between the ice ages
Please follow the link at the top of the page titled "Michigan - Call to Action". Hope everyone is taking action on this. Doing it might not help our case seeing as how the greedy bastiches are looking for another golden egg laying goose to tax the hell out of.. But I vote and I remember who supports me and who doesn't. I made my opinions known and if too few people do, they will do what they feel like. It's not like the Governor wants his own bridge or anything!

Ronald3638

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2013
Zeeland, MI, USA
I received a reply from Representative Joseph Haveman and he suggested that we also contact Senator Meekhof. This may be only for those of us who live in the area he serves, Ottawa County, Sparta Township and Grandville City in Kent County.

I did send my comments to Senator Meekhof as suggested.

Unlike previous replies from other representatives in the past, it appears that Joseph Haveman actually read my comments and sent a personal reply rather than a canned reply.

Lisa Belle

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Sylvania, OH
www.lisabelle-artist.com
It is not so much that they are calling a NON tobacco adult consumer product tobacco..... It is that they are unfairly bullishly taxing individuals that enjoy using them as an alternative to smoking. It is smoking that is said to cause diseases, over a lifetime of use. Great cartoon, share it everywhere.

bosun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
in between the ice ages
If I ever get a response, it is generally a 'canned' one, probably done by an intern..
If anyone wants a link to the PDF of the proposed bill:

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2013-2014/billintroduced/Senate/pdf/2014-SIB-1018.pdf

These can get confusing, but one thing I noticed was a 15 cent tax per 1.5 ML of juice...but then I got sleepy and stopped reading so there might well be more line item taxes..
So a tax of $1.50 per 15 ml bottle (plus nine cents sales tax on the tax of course)..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread