Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
Company: Lazarus Vintage Elixirs

e-liquid: Trinity Reserve. Lazarus describes the juice as: Perhaps one of the most incredible wonders. Trinity is composed of silky smooth bourbon that has been slowly layered in roasted nuts. The crème of this captivating flavor has quickly become a favorite among the founders of Lazarus Reserve and will equally entice you with its alluring aroma and plumes of vape.

Mod used: Vapor Shark Rdna 40

Atomizer: Lemo Drop with a newly wrapped nickel coil (.19ohms) freshly wicked with Japanese organic cotton. Review was done at 25 watts with temperature control set at 410F.

I must say I was fairly excited about trying a juice from Lazarus in general and this e-liquid in particular. I had succumbed to the marketing and hype this vendor has entertained. I don't fall easily, but there was enough information out there to suggest Lazarus Vintage was producing something special.

I received my order of Trinity Reserve on Saturday. With much anticipation, I broke the wax seal guarding the twist off cap to release this wonderful aroma of smooth bourbon surrounded by a layer of creaminess. My olfactory receptors piqued.

I hurriedly proceeded to fill my tank, being careful not to lose a drop. The time had come to take that first draw of what I suspected would be an overload of goodness. The first pull off of my atomizer revealed a dominate taste of a top shelf aged bourbon that was surrounded by a soft creaminess. I did not get a taste of roasted nuts at first. It seems as if it got lost between the bourbon and cream. If you search for it, it's there... but very subtle. YMMV

I swear the first vape off of this juice transported me back to a time when I was at a dimmly lit Jazz club, sipping on some fine bourbon while puffing away on a Romeo y Julieta Deluxe #2 Cubano. Yeah, it's that good. I don't think I'm the first reviewer to have that experience. lol

The bourbon in this elixir taste very natural. Nothing of an imitation taste. Lazarus tapped into the essence of the bourbon and extracted the best part without the bite. Those who enjoy a fine, well-aged bourbon will no doubt enjoy this e-liquid; however, don't be mistaken into thinking this is a bourbon juice. It's much too complex to be that simple. The bourbon and cream are distinctively separate, followed by a subtle nuttiness, while still being able to meld together to form a taste of its own. A taste I can't even begin to explain, other than to say it is heavenly.

The cream note in this taste like they extracted it from an organic dairy farm; it's that innate. I questioned how Lazarus was going to pull off pairing cream with bourbon. My first thought was Ewww. But it works. The cream takes the edge off of the bourbon while giving the vapor an incredibly smooth feel and taste. These guys know what they are doing.

Vapor production is phenomenal. PG/VG ratio: Larazus Vintage states its elixirs contain between 5% and 20% PG, depending on the flavor and nicotine strength. They use only Kosher VG and the highest quality PG based nicotine for all of their fine liquids. . Throat hit is moderate and I'm vaping it at 18mg's of nicotine.

I wouldn't consider this an all day vape; however, I've hardly put in down in 3 days. I did pair it with a espresso stout Saturday evening and it went extremely well. I did find i enjoyed it even more with my morning coffee.

Lazarus Vintage bills itself as the elixir of e-liquids, and I wouldn't disagree with them.

I've already ordered a bottle of Cleopatra to sample and review.

dannydestroy

Nov 10, 2011
detroit
Well written review. I tried it myself. It's good just but I wasn't as impressed. I've had many vendors products including castle long and gentlemens reserve. I wish there were more complex juices out there along these lines with the bourbon oak earthy etc profiles. Went through the bottle, enjoyed it but wasn't in a hurry to order more. To each his own.

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
Well written review. I tried it myself. It's good just but I wasn't as impressed. I've had many vendors products including castle long and gentlemens reserve. I wish there were more complex juices out there along these lines with the bourbon oak earthy etc profiles. Went through the bottle, enjoyed it but wasn't in a hurry to order more. To each his own.

Agreed. Yeah, Lazarus and a few other juice lines are bringing in a whole new genre to what vaping can be. It's definitely not for everyone. These flavors are intense, complex, and natural. Something totally different than getting some flavors from flavor art and mixing them together.

thanks for reading.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I'm really enjoying the Valley of the Kings line which are the only ones I've sampled so far. I will be sampling the 7 wonders soon.

I am finding the flavor in the Valley of the Kings range complex and delicious but a little weak. On the nose they smell divine and the room note is also incredible. Heck, I accidentally dripped a drop on my tongue and it was heavenly, and yet the flavour seems just a touch weak to vape on most of them.
I feel like I am constantly searching for the flavor. It is amazing and divine but it just doesn't hit the taste buds the way it hits the nose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread