Leaford's ePuffer Magnum and E-Cig.com New Mini-Ecig Video review and Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China

YouTube - Leaford's ePuffer Magnum and E-Cig.com New Mini-ecig Video Review and Demo (e-cig, e-cigarette)
Loong Totem v9 Roundup:

Name: ePuffer EAZE Magnum
Model: Loong Totem v9
Website: ePuffer.com The Original Brand of Electronic Cigarette, e-Pipe and e-Cigar. Smoke Healthier, Live Longer
Price: $29 (batteries)

Warranty/Guarantee: One year on batteries.
Overall Rating: 3.7
Pros: HUGE vapor producer, long lasting cartridge, fresh atomizer every time, better battery than Smoke 51.
Cons: Limited selection of strengths and flavors, short cartridge life in some batches.

Atomizer Performance: 4.5
1- Smoke; 5
2- Draw; 4
Battery Performance: 3.25
1- Switch; 4
2- Battery life; 2.5
Overall reliability and performance: 4
Appearance: 3
Customer Service Experience: Hard to contact, otherwise good

Battery charging times: 8 hours initial, 3-4 hours recharge.
Interchangeability: Smoke 51, e-Cig.com New MiniCig

Summary:
Much better batteries than Smoke 51, but I had some bad cartridges that only lasted about 50 puffs each. Similar variety of flavors to S51, but they also have extra-strength 16mg cartridges.

Name: E-Cig.com New Mini-Ecig
Model: Loong Totem v9 clone
Price: $120 (Starter kit w/84 cartridges)

Overall Rating: 3.6
Pros: HUGE vapor producer, long lasting cartridge, fresh atomizer every time, more flavor and strength options.
Cons: Dubious battery durability, short battery life.

Atomizer Performance: 5
1- Smoke; 5
2- Draw; 5
Battery Performance: 3.25
1- Switch; 4
2- Battery life; 1.5
Overall reliability and performance: 4
Appearance: 2
Customer Service Experience: Very poor, returns/exchanges nearly impossible.
Contents: 2 batteries, one USB charger, one USB to main power adapter.
Extras: none.
Battery charging times: 8 hours initial, 1 hour recharge.
Interchangeability: ePuffer Eaze Magnum, Smoke 51.

Summary: Batteries perform better than Smoke 51, and a lighter draw than E-Puffer, but they rattle inside the battery tube, so I am dubious about long term durability. They have more flavors and strengths than the other options, and are the cheapest option, but have notoriously poor customer service.

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
Nice review Leaford, saw you getting confused juggling all three around for a minute :) but you regained composure effortlessly, the mark of a seasoned pro! good to finally see a video of the mini too.

I don't get it though, the epuffer and the 51 are both the same loong totems but the battery and some of the cartridges' longevity are different?

If epuffer and 51 are both LT's, Do you think that it must be just a mixed bag and a lucky dip as to what you get seeing as you are not impressed with the replacement 51's?

I'm thinking it might be as the results from my carts from LT are more in-line with what you are describing with your new bad marlboro carts from 51.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
I don't get it though, the epuffer and the 51 are both the same loong totems but the battery and some of the cartridges' longevity are different?

If epuffer and 51 are both LT's, Do you think that it must be just a mixed bag and a lucky dip as to what you get seeing as you are not impressed with the replacement 51's?

I'm thinking it might be as the results from my carts from LT are more in-line with what you are describing with your new bad marlboro carts from 51.

I'm thinking they have quality control problems so it varies from batch to batch. EPuffer seems to have gotten a good batch of batteries, Smoke 51 got bad batches.

It's hard to determine whether a part I review is better or worse than usual, or is just typical. Smoke 51 had two chances to give me a better battery, so I can assume the ones I got were typical. EPuffers worked the first time, so I have no way of knowing if other batteries from them will be as good, or worse. But in the end all I can do is review what I recieved, and not speculate beyond that.

xMarlboroMan

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
Hey Leaford!

Great video reviews. Yours was the first ecig video I had ever watched and I greatly value your opinions. Thanks for providing this service.

I noticed in your v-review that you mentioned that loongtotem.com will redirect you to smoke51.com to order in the US. I just went to the site and it now appears they are selling to the US directly?! I didn't finish the transaction, but it allowed me to go all the way through the checkout process. If this is so, and we in the US can order directly from loongtotem.com will you be reviewing their product as well?

I ask because 1) they are much cheaper and 2) you had mixed options about the smoke51 product and 3) epuffer is out of their basic starter kit :( .... well, and 4) I don't want to order from e-cig.com ;) (or, at least not the actual ecig... carts I probably will).

Thanks again Leaford!
Regards, Andrew

P.S. Oh, btw, what is your take on greensmoke? Is that a loongtotem too?

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Hey Leaford!

Great video reviews. Yours was the first ecig video I had ever watched and I greatly value your opinions. Thanks for providing this service.

I noticed in your v-review that you mentioned that loongtotem.com will redirect you to smoke51.com to order in the US. I just went to the site and it now appears they are selling to the US directly?! I didn't finish the transaction, but it allowed me to go all the way through the checkout process. If this is so, and we in the US can order directly from loongtotem.com will you be reviewing their product as well?

I ask because 1) they are much cheaper and 2) you had mixed options about the smoke51 product and 3) epuffer is out of their basic starter kit :( .... well, and 4) I don't want to order from e-cig.com ;) (or, at least not the actual ecig... carts I probably will).

Thanks again Leaford!
Regards, Andrew

P.S. Oh, btw, what is your take on greensmoke? Is that a loongtotem too?

I tried it once, a while back. The transaction seemed to go through, but then it was cancelled, and I got an e-mail directing me to Smoke 51. But it may be worth trying it again. You never know. ;)

And, yes, I have been told that Greensmoke is a subsidiary of Smoke 51, just aiming at a different market.

robw

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2008
Austin Texas
I tried placing an order at loongtotem and the check out prevented me from placing my order.
I registered an account and even got the welcome email. Seems like they dont want to sell direct.
Pitty because Im not so sure about these models and to spend almost $200 at smoke51 for the same thing loongtotem sells for $75 is just stupid.

xMarlboroMan

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
I tried placing an order at loongtotem and the check out prevented me from placing my order.
I registered an account and even got the welcome email. Seems like they dont want to sell direct.
Pitty because Im not so sure about these models and to spend almost $200 at smoke51 for the same thing loongtotem sells for $75 is just stupid.

That is Odd? What internet browser did you use? I had problems using Firefox 3; it wouldn't allow me to go any further into the checkout process after I put in my mailing address.

However, I just used IE7 and it took me all the way to paypal... I entered my paypal login, clicked pay now... and voila! Done! It shows up as completed in Paypal... I have not received a comfirmation email as of yet, and the other scarey thing is that after the paypal transaction screen, it came up and said "Invalid Auth_token"... but I am hoping that is an error just in loongtotem.com html.

I guess in about a week I will know (4-7 days shipping they claim).

L8r, Andrew

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
What do you mean by the "new e-c.c resellers"?

I was abbreviating e-cig.com. There are two new retailers reselling the e-c.c new minicig, www.buyreddragon.com, and www.bloogplanet.com. They may have improved versions over what you can get from e-c.c directly, but I haven't tested either yet to be sure. They're Coming Soon. Using my name with either will get you a discount, if you want to try them yourself.

xMarlboroMan

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
I haven't received my loongtotem from loongtotem.com yet :( I got tired of waiting so I ordered a battery from bloogplanet.com and the atomizer/carts and charger from buyreddragon.com.

I had high hopes for this thing. My first impressions were not very good. Awesome vapor, but absolutely no throat hit. And on top of that, the flavor was awful! Barf! The flavors I got from Red Dragon was the multi-pack (1 vanilla, 1 cherry, 1 menthol and 1 regular). All of them have the same awful taste.

Leaford, does yours have this weird taste? I can't really describe what it tastes like... plastic would be the first thing that comes to mind. I have smoked this thing off and on for about a week and it hasn't gone away. I even tried dripping liquid into the cart. That worked to cover up some of the awful taste, but it came back as strong as ever after a while.

Did I get bad carts? Are smoke51's, bloog's or e-cigs better?

Thanks, x

BTW, I figured out how to get a good thoat hit. You just need to take very, very light drags. Once the vapor gets really warm, inhale... and voila, nice throat hit. It's quite a pain in the a** to do it that way though.

Tone

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
LI NY
I ordered the whole kit from red dragaon and I will tell you it is a very good unit. I had one battery start acting funny I shot them en email recieved and email back with in an hour and a new unti sent out with in a day.The carts are so far tasteless I order med nic reg tab so i will recomend filling the cart with juice of you choice and it will give a good throat hit and last a good while (same cart 4 days so far) the atomizers in these cart are really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread