Leakage (Boge Mostly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
I've been using Boge cartos without a flange because I didn't want such a gap on my Stingray clone. I also found that the flanges scratch my mod a bit. I really don't like them as they taste bad to me and I won't be reordering them. My issues is, that the Boges seem to leak a bit onto the contact. I had a little leakage from the flanged Smoktechs, but not as much. I just pulled my mod apart and found that, this time, it leaked enough to get some fluid on my Kick. Not good! I've used a couple of tanks/cartos with different juices, with different viscosity, and they all leak some. I'm not sure if the leakage is coming from the vent or from the tank/carto O-ring. Is this normal or is there something I should be doing differently?

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
One of your inner o-rings may be damaged.

This is the biggie, another thing for sudden changes can come from environmental conditions. In the past I have seen on very hot days going from indoors to hot outdoors can cause some weeping. I must be livin right lately as I havent had much issue at all with soggy connectors.

One thing I will say though is that a drip well on a device should be able to handle liquid sitting in it, I mean thats why most devices have a well is for the instance when a leak occurs.

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
I don't think it's the O-ring, as it does the same thing with two tanks, one is just a few weeks old and I use the tool to fill each time. It's not usually much juice. Just a small drop on the positive pin, like I used to get with clearos. Could it just be condensation that leaked back through the vent? I think it got onto the Kick because I hadn't cleaned it out in a few days. The positive pin is floating on the Stingray, so maybe it's easier to work it's way through.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Possibly condensation but I would lean towards environmental if you are sure the orings are good. We have a 5000' high pass between us and a nearby town we often travel to. We are just over 3000' here and the town is around 2500'. Going over that pass will tend to make a tank flood especially if it is low (air expands) and/or if it is not in continued use (chain vaping). The use seems to keep the liquid used as the air forces it out and a full tank just doesnt build pressure the same.

I mention this because there are loads of different situations where this comes into play like with the temperature change I mentioned before. One constant with environmental is that it is more likely to happen with a not full tank since it is the air not the liquid changing the amount of space it wants to take up.

At the end of the discussion it could well be the cartomizer, I am always hesitant to blame the cartomizer though because I have seen so few fail with no possible reason other than a bad one. The one I have in my tank right now I kind of got a rough start on. I generally tend to prime a little dry so it is critical to make sure it is going well before applying much power to the coil. Well this one was a quick swap because I sat on my provari as it was in my garden tractor seat and broke the cartomizer that was in the tank, tank was 90* to the provari but other than the cartomizer everything was fine.

I did not take the normal care in low power to get it going then after it was going it seemed like it was tending dry. I put a few drops in the top of the cartomizer and it seemed fine for awhile then went towards dry again. Well I finally took a few seconds and looked at the power setting and from jostling in my pocket while working outside it had moved up to 4.5V which would have been fine had a primed my cartomizer to a slushy top but being dry it was too much power and trying to give me that bit of a burned taste. I turned it down to 4.0V and it has been working beautifully since.

Vaping is a dance, when you find that rhythm it is graceful and satisfying. Without it there is nothing but sore toes :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread