leaking holotank

Status
Not open for further replies.

mabear

Jun 24, 2015
WIN_20150617_201852.JPG http://www.è.co.uk/holotank-2-user-and-filling-instructions ,Hello folks, I'm a 4 month old vapor and have chosen a mini pipe with a beautiful holotank 2 as my new love! my issue is that the darn thing leaks at the base where it screws onto the pipe mod when I fill it. I thought this was a tank but it seems that I need to treat it more like a dripper. Please feel free to challenge my terminology as I'm still learning the language. I'm a 48yr old momma and these things take time. The above link was what I've been using for info.

Reactions: NealBJr

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Wow, nobody's replied yet. Welcome to the forums!

One problem with the Epipe, is that it holds the tank horizontally. While most tanks have no problem with it being horizontal some of the times, it does wreak havoc on a tank. Yours is a Carto-tank.. which SHOULD be no problem, but I am left with just a few questions...

First, what is the PG/VG ratio of your juice if you know....
Second, what cartomizer are you using?

It leaking through the base means pretty much it's leaking through the atomizer. Cartomizers get their airflow from the connector (Also known as the 510). Pretty much your wick is getting so saturated, that it leaves the wick into the airflow.. and thus, it leaks out the base of your atomizer. My first guess would be a high PG ratio might cause it. My second, is perhaps the wicking is too thin and not restricting the juice enough. Since it is a carto-tank, there's not much I could recommend besides trying a different brand cartomizer.

Reactions: wewe8841

mabear

Jun 24, 2015
I appreciate the help. I quit smoking 2 years ago and I think part of my problem is how I'm drawing on it. I'm having better luck with a longer softer draw..... if that makes any sense. To answer your questions I'm using a 70% pg 30%vg. I'm very careful to not get any juice down the center however I am going to try a new way of filling to see if that helps. I've been watching some video on the type of atomizer I use and have learned a ton. This site is a great source of info and have done lots of reading. Thanks again for replying ....I was feeling a little alone there for a bit loll!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread