Leaking Kayfun Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jval23

Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Lapalma CA
Hello! I have used this kayfun for quite some time now. recently I have noticed juice build up between my mod and the bottom of the kayfun. everytime I fill I clean up any mess before I attach it to the mod and when I take the kayfun off to refill I notice that there is liquid. I am thinking it is the screw that the liquid is coming from and I wanted to know if this is normal or is there a fix I can do to prevent this. this started about two weeks ago and I just dont want it to get worse. thank you for your in reading this.

Jval23

Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Lapalma CA
thank you for the response! I looked around a bit more and I saw that small screws like that you can try a little bit of dental floss. I tried that and havent had a leak but its a little pain to keep reapplying the floss so I think I will look for a small o-ring to do the trick. I'm thinking that when it gets hot the metal expands causing the leak with the screw.

Jval23

Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Lapalma CA
I havent had a leak through the air hole if that is what you are asking. with the kayfun there are o-rings through out and if you get a leak from the airhole there is an o-ring somewhere not set up correctly. other than the screw hole that I mentioned that is located at the bottom I havent had a problem. but if you are talking in general I think there is always a potential to leak if you over fill or not paying attention to the set up.

Were any of you able to identify a good solution for this problem? Did the teflon tape work? I have the same issue. I changed the screw on the bottom but that didn't help. I know it's not leaking from the air hole because if it were leaking through the airhole, then I would have a flooded draw. So the excess liquid must be coming out of the fill hole right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread